Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

No one person is bigger than Newcastle United Football Club. Well unless your name is Mike f***ing Ashley or Derek c***ing Llambias that is!

Yes Barton has probably been stupid but the fact is him, Enrique and Routledge wouldn't have been tweeting negative things about the club (and Nolan slating them in the press) if we didn't have a couple of useless, clueless liars in charge!

Nolan was saing he tought he had a good relationship with DL and the board, he was peddled pretty quick when they changed their mind with his contract.

I'll tell you what this hypothetical (at the moment) question about Barton's future at the club, hasn't half dragged the Ashley apologists out of the closet. it's always somebody else's fault, AC, Nolan, Jose and now Barton and presumably any other player who actually says what everyone knows already, there is something very seriously wrong with our club and it emanates and stops at the top and has done since Ashley bought the club. Wake up and smell the shit that's wafting around SJP.

You can justify this decision based on his outbursts and wages if you want, but crucially, I can't see anyone coming in to replace Barton.

What actually goes on on the pitch seems incidental to some people.  Don't lose sight of important things like money sitting in a bank account or players doing stuff on twitter by getting all wound up about who we're actually going to play in 12 days.

Don't assume this will be the only outgoing either.

With all due respect, what the hell are you talking about? This decision has nothing to do with money sitting in a bank account at all.

At least find the right thread of ill-informed generalising.

Ian, they've got his wages off the books, which is one of the main reasons Pardew was brought in if we're to believe Golfmag (i see no reason not to since he was absolutely right about Pardew coming in ages before time). He will not be replaced by anyone, money saved.

Aye, but that's just an effect, it's clear that Barton brought this into the public domain and brought the situation to a head. Unless Llambias is secretly running his twitter account.

oh come ON man, it's not just an effect for gods sake.

LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards

Newcastle United release Joey Barton after midfielder launches Twitter trade against club - Telegraph telegraph.co.uk/sport/football… #nufc

:lol: :lol:

Makes more sense that they'd just transfer list him for £0. Otherwise they'dve had to pay him off. This is a lot more MA/DL.

I wish Joey would stay and just milk them for all they're worth. But I guess that means he'll just sit, not playing football for a year. Not good for his career.