Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ashley has clearly had enough of him slagging him off while paying him £50k + per week.

Many people would be the same. I still think a punishment/fine/time in the reserves would have been better.

And there is no doubt whatsoever he'd have kept stirring the shit. #pointless

This club! Always a drama, I really hope the rumours aren't true.

Barton has been silly with his comments against the club but surely it will be easier for the club to ban twitter than releasing Joey on a free. We're really in a position to release players for sod all aren't we. We are short of bodies anyway and letting go one of our more talented players is no way to go about things.

People defending this decision.  :facepalm:

Don't understand it at all  :lol: The only thing that matters is what happens on the pitch, this can only negatively effect us.

I haven't seen anyone defending the decision based on the effect.

But isn't having a player mouthing off every couple of days an untenable situation?

Guest Antec

This is all part of a power struggle, everyone who was the "team" that kept Newcastle in the league, everyone of Hughton's soldiers are being fucked off in order go give Pardew full control.

Part of the reason Hughton was sacked/Pardew was brought in was that Hughton was supposedly too close to the players

p*ss off Joey and take Enrique with you.

Aye. We don't want players with any genuine talent at the club.

The players who are whining most about the bad morale are those on cushy contracts and want them renewed. I've got no beef with them trying to get better deals but to be creating a rift with the new lads because they are replacing their mates is going too far.

You can justify this decision based on his outbursts and wages if you want, but crucially, I can't see anyone coming in to replace Barton.

What actually goes on on the pitch seems incidental to some people.  Don't lose sight of important things like money sitting in a bank account or players doing stuff on twitter by getting all wound up about who we're actually going to play in 12 days.

Don't assume this will be the only outgoing either.

Ashley has clearly had enough of him slagging him off while paying him £50k + per week.

Many people would be the same. I still think a punishment/fine/time in the reserves would have been better.

With one year left they just decided to ditch him. Rather than pay him all that money for a one year holiday.

People wax lyrical too much about the importance of team spirit - for all to see now, ours appears to be fraction of what it was the past two seasons. I'm not doom mongering either, simply being realistic.  If our relative success last season was based on Carroll's goals, Nolan's goals, Barton's influence...removing those without significant replacement (i.e. not deliberately looking for players with clauses) is suicide.

Sick of players saying they love this club. Meaningless

Strange that it's always when they're about to sign for someone else as well.

I love NUFC, as long as they give me the money and contract I want. Fair enough, but I wish they'd stop trying to make it more than that.

Blackburn bound I reckon.

just Enrique left now, ripped the guts out of the team.

Who is next on the hit list Colo?

Coloccini was given the captaincy, I honestly don't think he's the kind of bloke who would give it up.

Next summer however, when there's a year left on his deal and he's getting nearer that wheelchair...

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

They must have a replacement lined up or something, surely Ashley cant be that stupid, he must know how badly everyone will react to this

:troll:

Even Nile can see that a future at NUFC is bleak. Even Nile. Fuck.

Suppose he's lying as well.....

He can always get a better contract somewhere else. He signed a 5 year deal here quick enough.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Blackburn bound I reckon.

just Enrique left now, ripped the guts out of the team.

Who is next on the hit list Colo?

Coloccini was given the captaincy, I honestly don't think he's the kind of bloke who would give it up.

Next summer however, when there's a year left on his deal and he's getting nearer that wheelchair...

Colo will just leae at the end of his contract I reckon.

With one year left they just decided to ditch him. Rather than pay him all that money for a one year holiday.

Joey is as volatile as the come though. In a couple of weeks he could be happy again.