Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

You can justify this decision based on his outbursts and wages if you want, but crucially, I can't see anyone coming in to replace Barton.

What actually goes on on the pitch seems incidental to some people.  Don't lose sight of important things like money sitting in a bank account or players doing stuff on twitter by getting all wound up about who we're actually going to play in 12 days.

Don't assume this will be the only outgoing either.

With all due respect, what the hell are you talking about? This decision has nothing to do with money sitting in a bank account at all.

At least find the right thread of ill-informed generalising.

Ian, they've got his wages off the books, which is one of the main reasons Pardew was brought in if we're to believe Golfmag (i see no reason not to since he was absolutely right about Pardew coming in ages before time). He will not be replaced by anyone, money saved.

Aye, but that's just an effect, it's clear that Barton brought this into the public domain and brought the situation to a head. Unless Llambias is secretly running his twitter account.

oh come ON man, it's not just an effect for gods sake.

Well that's impossible to know, I'm just saying I don't think every decision at NUFC is made with reference to the wage bill. It's obviously a factor, but Joey has made his position untenable.

Disagree, difficult but not 'untenable'. Not by any stretch.

absolutely, it's not untenable at all.

allllllllll this could have been avoided if he was given a contract he deserved and that would have been undeniably good for the team. why wasnt it renewed? it involves us paying him money.

Guest Wearside

DavidMeyler David John Meyler

Joey Barton on the transfer list,bring them on in August 20th can't wait for that game!!

Makes more sense that they'd just transfer list him for £0. Otherwise they'dve had to pay him off. This is a lot more MA/DL.

I wish Joey would stay and just milk them for all they're worth. But I guess that means he'll just sit, not playing football for a year. Not good for his career.

Why do you want a player to damage the club?

:lol:

Right, cos Joey's weekly wage is gonna ruin the club. Especially after all the stellar work the owners have been doing.

It's ridiculous and they need to go. Anything that can be done to get them out is fine with me.

Guest bimpy474

This isn't backing Ashley at all by the way.

But trouble follows Joey, those of us who love him because he plays for us are not seeing the big picture imo, it wont be long before he is at it again, he just cant stay out of trouble, drink, violence, mouthing off in the papers about England players and the manager and now twitter.

In most of what he says he is absolutely right but you do that after you have finished playing or have left a club, its no defence to say he is speaking his mind, what if he's wrong, is it right then to speak his mind, of course it isn't, there is so much to like about him but it gets outweighed by the stuff to dislike eventually.

Guest Antec

What's the point? :lol: They might as well let him go.

Because to let him go you have to agree a compensation deal. You either pay him up or find a fee he agrees too. List him for diddly squit and you essentially pay nothing.

No club will take him though, free transfers cost a fortune. /card marked

I reckon Barton will now say that he is staying, regardless of the club making him available for free. What might change the picture is if Pardew is told he is not to pick him for the first time, so forcing Barton's hand. If he wants to play football, he will have to leave.

Ashley and Llambias laughing their tits off and also lapping up the support from the apologists. :(

:lol:

ahhh y'know what? fuck the lot of them. another nonsensical decision, its all falling apart for no good reason at all. one day that bastard owner will leave and i'll be dancing on the streets.

this is an absolute pisstake now, its like theyre fucking it up on purpose.

Guest Wally_McFool

What a fucking shambles this club has become. Visa problems, player revolts, threadbare squad, absolute shambles....

and all Joey Barton's fault for using twitter.  :cheesy:

DavidMeyler David John Meyler

Joey Barton on the transfer list,bring them on in August 20th can't wait for that game!!

At least Wearside always pops up when things go wrong to remind us that it could be worse, we could be mackems :lol:

As much as I hate MA & his fat fkn idiot mate... Barton is twat, a mouthy Scouse twat that has been a lot of trouble for this club and they stood by him through it all.

It seems there are a few "close mates" that are intent on making their mouths go, Nolan saying his bit in the paper was no coincidence, Joey planned his twitter rant and I would not be shocked in the slightest to see him going and joining Nolan.

I truly believe this was engineered by Joey and in no way can what he has done be good for club moral, he is not as thik as some make out and this was all aimed at personal gain.

What we do have here still is a squad of players we need to get behind, Nolan, Barton, Carroll & Jose can all FUCK RIGHT OFF and stay that fucking way!

Care about this club my arse, care about making sure they have enough money in wages for as long as they can.. YES okay maybe it is a club over reaction but it needed stopped and he was awat next summer on a free anyway, so why risk keeping him and letting him do more harm ?