Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Thing is, he'd just be a backup to Cabaye this season. He wouldn't be happy with that.

hmm i dunno man, cabaye might not settle immediately? with injuries and suspensions i reckon barton would've seen quite a bit of action?

Evil lying bastarding owners, disaster revelling sensationalist journos, greedy parasite agents, spineless puppet managers, selfish pseudo-intellectual players, Twitter, neesy...

What a load of f***ing s*** football is http://www.chronicle.su/wp-content/uploads/yao-meme.png

So true, sadly.

Guest neesy111

Evil lying bastarding owners, disaster revelling sensationalist journos, greedy parasite agents, spineless puppet managers, selfish pseudo-intellectual players, Twitter, neesy...

What a load of fucking shit football is http://www.chronicle.su/wp-content/uploads/yao-meme.png

Why I'm I involved in it?

Still confused why people can still explain away why he wasn't offered a new contract which he said he'd sign on less money. He only kicked off after this, when he realized the people in charge had absolutely no clue whatsoever.

How do you know he wasn't offered a new contract?

After 22 years of following English football, in this day and age I'd take the player's word of our owners any day of the week.

Did Barton ever claim he was never offered a contract?

Willie McKay:

"I had a meeting with Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias and club secretary Lee Charnley. They indicated Joey will not be offered a new contract.

"Joey will continue to be a Newcastle player next season and then he will leave on a free transfer.

"He'd have loved to have extended his stay but unfortunately it is not to be. He's loved his time there and nothing will change his commitment next season."

Willie Mckay?, he's f***ing worse than Ashley!!

Also he doesn't say Barton has never been offered a contract.  They could have already offered him a deal, he rejected it and they told him he wouldn't be offered anything more.  Why on earth would they not offer him any kind of contract?, that makes no sense.

Sorry I hadn't realised Willie McKay was proven in court to deliberately mislead fans/customers and to lie openly. Please point me to where it shows McKay is less honest than this.

And Mackay isn't the one ruining Newcastle United.

And why do you think Barton's gone absolutely loopy since this. Cause it doesn't make any sense and the people running this club don't have one iota how to run a club.

No mate, it doesn't make any sense meaning its just not the case.  Tell me how it helps Ashley to lose a player for free if he's willing to sign for a reasonable contract?  He just personally hated Barton yeah?, before any of this twitter stuff even started?

The much more believable situation is that Barton was offered a deal and didn't accept it.  The club, rightly or wrongly, then said he wouldn't be offered anything more.

With Ashley, I think this is exactly the case.

What a load of fucking shit football is http://www.chronicle.su/wp-content/uploads/yao-meme.png

the answer's in the question imo

:jesuswept:

So many people absorbed in the minutia of this. Lets all blame Carroll, then Lets all blame Nolan, then Lets all blame Enrique, now Lets all blame Barton.

Arguably 4 of our best players last season 'in it for themselves'. Open your damn eyes. This is Souness all over again but in a different guise.

You make it sound as though we're the only 'second group' team which struggles to keep it's high earning players with a year remaining or the only one that sells if a crazy offer comes in.

End of the day all Joey has done is hurt the club, his tweets have created more negative press that will go on and on and get himself transfer listed but hey its okay because he has confirmed what we all all ready know but will still do fucking nothing about.

Ooooh I know lets protest again, so the media can jump all over it, help unsettle the squad even more and Ashley can do as he always does and just fucking ignore is.

Yeah thanks Joey.

What a load of fucking shit football is

:lol:

Will miss him playing for us but he's been a prick airing things on Twitter. I can't stand the fact that so many people on Twitter and facebook feel the need to live their life through them. It's bad enough when some of those mates you've got on Facebook come out with stuff like 'somebody has really hurt me. Hope ur happy' Who gives a fuck you attention seeker!  Yeh joey's working under a right bunch of wankers but speak to your friends and family about things ffs.

Will miss him playing for us but he's been a prick airing things on Twitter. I can't stand the fact that so many people on Twitter and facebook feel the need to live their life through them. It's bad enough when some of those mates you've got on Facebook come out with stuff like 'somebody has really hurt me. Hope ur happy' Who gives a fuck you attention seeker!  Yeh joey's working under a right bunch of wankers but speak to your friends and family about things ffs.

When I read joey's post it smacked of the domestics you often see on social networks. It can be a powerfully poisonous tool. In any line of work you should be safeguarding against things like this.

No mate, it doesn't make any sense meaning its just not the case.  Tell me how it helps Ashley to lose a player for free if he's willing to sign for a reasonable contract?  He just personally hated Barton yeah?, before any of this twitter stuff even started?

The much more believable situation is that Barton was offered a deal and didn't accept it.  The club, rightly or wrongly, then said he wouldn't be offered anything more.

With Ashley, I think this is exactly the case.

So its your reasoned opinion that we didn't offer Barton any new contract at all and that was because Ashley doesn't like him as a person?

Pardew: "Barton wants a new deal, only got one year left"

Ashley "Nah I hate him"

Pardew "Why he's done nothing to you, and he's played well, and he's willing to take a big pay cut, we don't want him to leave for free"

Ashley "No I hate him, instead we'll antagonise him into leaving for nothing, I don't really like money anyway"