Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I wouldn't really object to him leaving. I think we have too many midfielders in the centre circle who are similar and not enough width. It's only worth him leaving if we get someone like Barnetta in though and that's not happening in a month of Sundays now.

??? I think Barton is the one who is a bit different, the rest look to be pace merchants who like to run at players and cause havoc with their skill, Barton is the slower one who relies more on his delivery and intelligent play.

Yep, couldn't disagree more with Tron. It's a diverse midfield trio, him, Tiote and Cabaye. There's so much going for it - would be desperately disappointed to see it broken up after only just getting it. I mean for God's sake, our fucking centre midfield since Bobby left. Absolute shite, every single year without fail, until Cheick came along. He was the first part of the jigsaw, now with Cabaye in there (who, already i can tell, will cover more yards then 90% of midfielders in the league) and Barton's intelligence on the ball... i can see it developing into a super little engine room.

Really can't be underestimated, the centre of midfield. We should know it better than most, having put up with shite like Jenas, Faye, Parker, Butt, Smith since Speed left.

Emre had potential. Was a decent CM amongst all the dross. Him and Parker could have worked if bloody Roeder didn't try and make Parker our 'Gerrard'.

Nolan just wants another midfielder in there alongside him, so he can get away with doing less work, so he can continue his cherry picking ways. This guy is an elite con man.

He looks way off the pace at wham, looks even slower and missing simple chances he would have scored last season.

Think it turned out to be pretty astute business getting £4m.

I wouldn't really object to him leaving. I think we have too many midfielders in the centre circle who are similar and not enough width. It's only worth him leaving if we get someone like Barnetta in though and that's not happening in a month of Sundays now.

??? I think Barton is the one who is a bit different, the rest look to be pace merchants who like to run at players and cause havoc with their skill, Barton is the slower one who relies more on his delivery and intelligent play.

Yep, couldn't disagree more with Tron. It's a diverse midfield trio, him, Tiote and Cabaye. There's so much going for it - would be desperately disappointed to see it broken up after only just getting it. I mean for God's sake, our fucking centre midfield since Bobby left. Absolute shite, every single year without fail, until Cheick came along. He was the first part of the jigsaw, now with Cabaye in there (who, already i can tell, will cover more yards then 90% of midfielders in the league) and Barton's intelligence on the ball... i can see it developing into a super little engine room.

Really can't be underestimated, the centre of midfield. We should know it better than most, having put up with shite like Jenas, Faye, Parker, Butt, Smith since Speed left.

Emre had potential. Was a decent CM amongst all the dross. Him and Parker could have worked if bloody Roeder didn't try and make Parker our 'Gerrard'.

That's a case in point. In theory Parker, Butt ( :iamatwat:) and Emre were all good central midfielders but as a combination they were woeful. I'm getting a similar vibe with Barton, Tiote and Cabaye though I appreciate it's early days yet.

Nolan just wants another midfielder in there alongside him, so he can get away with doing less work, so he can continue his cherry picking ways. This guy is an elite con man.

He looks way off the pace at wham, looks even slower and missing simple chances he would have scored last season.

Think it turned out to be pretty astute business getting £4m.

West Ham don't have the defence we had in the Championship, and so Nolan will be quite the liability for them in midfield. Think they'll struggle to keep goals out. A lot of decent attackign teams in the championship this season too. As of right now, I don't see West Ham coming back up.

Aye i excluded him cos i always liked Emre, i thought he was a genuinely good footballer. There's shades of him in Cabaye from what i've seen so far. Tenacity, decent on the ball, can hit one. Just hope Yohan can stay fitter for longer.

I think Barton might move to West Ham but surely he would wait until the end of the season to see if they were promoted first.  I cannot believe he would drop down to the Championship unless he was desperate to leave and that was his only option.

This must be the first time that a relegated team has targetted Premier League players to get them promoted.  I thought West Ham were in a mess financially.  Certainly, Gold and Sullivan moaned about the wage bill they inherited when they took over and then recruited players like McCarthy on stupid wages and gave Parker an even bigger contract.

This Summer, they have already brought in Nolan, Carew, Joey O'Brien, Matty Taylor, Faye and McCartney from what I can remember.

West ham gave got to pay Barton 60k for at least 3 years for him to go there. Can't see it!

I can see them paying it. I can't see Joey signing it.

He'll genuinly hope that one more good season here will either secure him another contract here, or at a CL club (which is both unlikely, though).

Think he's due a goal after having a pretty fruitful preseason.  Fancy him to knock one in either at Scunthorpe or against Fulham.

I am thinking against Fulham, he wont play against Fulham surely?

If Parker leaves and they replaced him with Barton, that is still a hell of a midfield for the championship;

Taylor - Noble - Nolan - Barton

though Noble needs to hang back if theyre to get the best out of Nolan...

(i personally dont think there is a cat in hells chance of him going down a league, though it would be subversive of him to do so, so cant rule it out!)

Appreciate the goals Nolan scored for us, especially the 4 against the scum BUT these are such shitty comments from

I would be surprised if Barton dropped down a division, even if they offer him decent wedge. Hopefully he can have a good season and we offer him a 3 year contract

Loving Joey 'I always knew I had a higher calling' Barton's cringeworthy tweets and his delusions of grandeur.

"and the world will look up and cry save us, and I will whisper no,  I've got training tomorrow. "

People think because they pay tax an NI, the Gov should do everything for them, they have a point! I believe that ppl should help each other

within their own communities and try to take this dependency on Gov, away or definitely ease it slightly, thus making them accountable to

certain specific demands, instead of making them accountable for everything all the time. We need to help each other, to help them, help us

????? If that makes sense...........Instead of blaming, start thinking. "What can I/We do to help?" not "What r THEY doing about all this?"