Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bimpy474

Anyone worked out how much this will save us in wages between now and June 30th yet?

It was ages ok, along with some algebra about his replacements cost, wages and fizzy pop cafe allowance.

Has it actually happened? :lol:

Oh yeah but i think it was in the Barnetta thread, him being the replacement of course :D

The main thing Barton brought to the team last year was set-pieces up until about February. We now have Cabaye who can do that job even better.

Him and Taarabt should be a hoot to watch mind.

Who do we have to replace him on the right hand side of midfield? Because Cabaye can't play there.

Raylor is now in left defence, Obertan hasn't looked that comfortable in RM and f*** knows where Marveaux is.

Gosling?

:lol:

Actualy f*** it, we might aswell give Coloccini to Sevilla, Tiote to Chelsea, and Jonas to some Spanish twats  (for free ofcourse, we wouldn't want to gain anything from losing our best players afterall).

We have Williamson, Guthrie and Ferguson to fit right in, so we don't need them anyway.

Hang on a second, is the argument that Ashley's only in it for the money and that's it, or that we're giving players away for nowt now? Barton's was a punishment for how he acted the t*** to his employers in public. Apart from that, we've never just given anyone away. Stupid argument tbh.

He's a high wage earner, he's now off the payroll. This wasn't punishment to Barton in any way shaoe or form, quite the opposite infact, it gave him freedom to do what he wanted a year before his contract ran out.

Jeez are u joey barton in disguise? The guy has only turned up after years of fighting his inner deacons.

Come on then hopperz, explain to me how Joey has been 'punished' in this whole farce?

He's gotten exactly what he wanted, a decent contract to see out his career. But aye, I must be Joey Barton if I think giving away players for free for saying s*** on twitter is a bit extreme.

You are forgetting his history though. Would be different if it was a bigger team but QPR. P.s. spell my name right

I havn't forgotten his history, i'm just not closed minded enough to still judge him on it. He's seemingly improved as a person over the past few years, he's still a gobby c*** with an ego, but he's put a lot of things right.

And who has come in for him doesn't matter, i've seen with my own eyes what he brings to us last season, the fact a Champions League club havn't come in for him does not change that, giving him away for nothing is utterly ridiculous.

It does though matter though. Just one championship team has come in for him. I see what he brings to the team but bigger teams have players who bring more than joey barton. Open your mind mate.

Anyone worked out how much this will save us in wages between now and June 30th yet?

It was ages ok, along with some algebra about his replacements cost, wages and fizzy pop cafe allowance.

Oh yeah but i think it was in the Barnetta thread, him bring the replacement of course :D

Magic. Good to see people are on Mike and Derek's wavelength now.

Guest bimpy474

I have it on good authority that Brett Emerton is signing tomorrow.

You little sneak, he's been released and signing for Sydney FC.

Or will you drink your piss if he signs for us ?

40 weeks (1.sept - 30 june) X whatever his wages are. 60K =£2,4 mill 50K = £2 mill. Minus the train ticket  :pow:

Guest bimpy474

Oh yeah but i think it was in the Barnetta thread, him bring the replacement of course :D

Magic. Good to see people are on Mike and Derek's wavelength now.

I think its called clutching at invisible straws, i mean i'm still trying to find that fairy Dekka told me about, brings new players in apparently from the end of the garden :D

The main thing Barton brought to the team last year was set-pieces up until about February. We now have Cabaye who can do that job even better.

Who do we have to replace him on the right hand side of midfield? Because Cabaye can't play there.

Raylor is now in left defence, Obertan hasn't looked that comfortable in RM and f*** knows where Marveaux is.

Gosling?

Actualy f*** it, we might aswell give Coloccini to Sevilla, Tiote to Chelsea, and Jonas to some Spanish twats  (for free ofcourse, we wouldn't want to gain anything from losing our best players afterall).

We have Williamson, Guthrie and Ferguson to fit right in, so we don't need them anyway.

Hang on a second, is the argument that Ashley's only in it for the money and that's it, or that we're giving players away for nowt now? Barton's was a punishment for how he acted the t*** to his employers in public. Apart from that, we've never just given anyone away. Stupid argument tbh.

He's a high wage earner, he's now off the payroll. This wasn't punishment to Barton in any way shaoe or form, quite the opposite infact, it gave him freedom to do what he wanted a year before his contract ran out.

Jeez are u joey barton in disguise? The guy has only turned up after years of fighting his inner deacons.

Come on then hopperz, explain to me how Joey has been 'punished' in this whole farce?

He's gotten exactly what he wanted, a decent contract to see out his career. But aye, I must be Joey Barton if I think giving away players for free for saying s*** on twitter is a bit extreme.

You are forgetting his history though. Would be different if it was a bigger team but QPR. P.s. spell my name right

I havn't forgotten his history, i'm just not closed minded enough to still judge him on it. He's seemingly improved as a person over the past few years, he's still a gobby c*** with an ego, but he's put a lot of things right.

And who has come in for him doesn't matter, i've seen with my own eyes what he brings to us last season, the fact a Champions League club havn't come in for him does not change that, giving him away for nothing is utterly ridiculous.

It does though matter though. Just one championship team has come in for him. I see what he brings to the team but bigger teams have players who bring more than joey barton. Open your mind mate.

Aye QPR are a Championship team like...

And bigger teams do have better players than Joey Barton, but there out of our range so it's irrelivant. The fact is he was more than good enough for where we are at, and giving him away is fucking silly regardless of how many teams were willing or able to take him onboard.

If you choose to reply then please come back with a valid point using perspective and reasoning.

Guest bimpy474

Just been meandering around the internetwork, the general concensus from most Journo's local and national is good player but the baggage is not worth it, we will be better off in time apparently.

Not my opinion, just noticed what was being said.

Gosling?

And bigger teams do have better players than Joey Barton, but there out of our range so it's irrelivant. The fact is he was more than good enough for where we are at, and giving him away is f***ing silly regardless of how many teams were willing or able to take him onboard.

If you choose to reply then please come back with a valid point using perspective and reasoning.

Joey is so so good only a promoted team is willing to gamble on him. Yes he is a good player but there are better. Do you hear players like Colo, Ben afra etc moaning about the change. NO, maybe they know better eh?

Guest Mantis

Yes and those journo's spout bollocks on a daily basis. The asset stripping will continue and the fans can suck up the mediocrity. I can't see Joey being the last one out before the close of the window.

Gosling?

And bigger teams do have better players than Joey Barton, but there out of our range so it's irrelivant. The fact is he was more than good enough for where we are at, and giving him away is f***ing silly regardless of how many teams were willing or able to take him onboard.

Joey is so so good only a promoted team is willing to gamble on him. Yes he is a good player but there are better. Do you hear players like Colo, Ben afra etc moaning about the change. NO, maybe they know better eh?

I see you ignored my advice about replying with a point using perspective and reasoning.

We've actualy just given away a player for free man, one of our best performers last season (and some would argue the best, he certainly wasn't far off), how are people kidding themselves that there was some actual possotive side to this decision :lol:

I don't think anyone wanted this outcome. Some of us are just baulking at the idea that Ashley is entirely to blame. Barton has behaved in an arrogant and selfish manner over the last few months. QPR is what he deserves.

I agree about Barton, I think it was pretty obvios what he was up to the day he opened up his twitter account. I still put 100% blame on Ashley giving him away though.

Had he stayed he would have put a shift in on the pitch until his contract had expired, which is all that matters from a footballer, so imo from a purely footballing persoective we've lost out big time due to Ashley's stubborness (or asset stripping, whichever way you want to see it).

You seem to be agreeing with me that he was behaving badly and selfishly, but that all would have been well for a year the minute he stepped on to the pitch. I beg to differ.

Already we had him having a major row with his manager and a team-mate at the Leeds game, and against Arsenal he got himself involved completely unnecessarily in an incident where he actually turned his back when in possession of the ball to grapple with an opposition player. The Arsenal incident ended happily for us, but it could have turned out differently. It's logical to assume we'd have had a continuation of these sorts of episodes throughout the season.

I think you're underestimating the importance of team spirit and unity. Barton was talking and acting like he was above it all and that can have a corrosive effect. Pardew was talking like he could control the situation by his diplomatic way, but he was kidding himself. There was no predicting what was going to happen next.

Gosling?

I see you ignored my advice about replying with a point using perspective and reasoning.

Yeah the fact that the people who work more closely with him yet are our better players don't kick up a fuss doesn't matter like. Oh and I am sure when he sat in pardews office telling him how to pick the team and not towing the line he mentioned too isn't reasoning.

The simple facts are that we have helped to strengthen one of the sides that we are hoping will be in the bottom three instead of us for absolutely fuck all.  Well done.

We've just lopped (another) £3m off the wage bill ffs. What's not to like about the deal?? You crazy, man...