Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

'I've had a number of phone calls, bits of interest and people making enquiries, "Would you go here? Would you do this? Would you do that?", because that's the nature of the game, that's the nature of the beast.

'I don't want to leave the football club. My family is settled in the area, I love living in Newcastle. I have got a great working relationship with everyone at the football club, and that's from playing staff to coaching staff to people who work in the training ground to catering staff, everyone.

'I love being at the club and I've got no ambition to leave.

'If someone came in, for instance, hypothetically and offered me Champion's League football, then whether I had signed a five, six, seven-year deal at Newcastle, I'd have to consider it.

'But that's not the case at the minute and as far as I'm concerned, unless someone comes in and can offer me the opportunity to play at the next level, which is obviously the Champions League, then for me it's a no-brainer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2004308/Joey-Barton-Id-leave-Newcastle-Champions-League-club.html#ixzz1W9Jw56SO

While i understand he didn't have much of a choice does this not make him a liar ?

This was from June. He probably didn't knew what his situation would be come end of August.

Barton apologist.

Guest bimpy474

Good luck to Joey (except against us, of course :D). Deserves a warm reception at SJP.

Conducted himself very well IMO.

?? how exactly has he conducted himself well? I presume you are joking?

Not even a little bit.

The timeline as I see it is this:

Okay, very rough start what with the prison sentence and all. After that, he applied himself on the pitch and was one of our top performers. Whether the performances made up for the rough start and outweighs it is opinion etc. I think probably just about comes up on the positive side in that respect.

He fought our tyrannical owners (that should be me being comedic, but it's not!) and questioned their policies. He communicated with fans, was honest about what was going on the club and didn't let it affect his performances. The team morale hasn't seem troubled by it either. Look at Arsenal. Look at Sunderland. He shows passion, he screams at players for s*** passes, but that's part of football. It's good for football. He always ends up joking with people - even the opposition who stamp on him ffs! :lol:

His contract negotiations were an uphill struggle from the get go because of the owners. He is getting older, so obviously we shouldn't have offered him a 75k week contract for four years (or whatever it actually is), but if the owners weren't such complete antagonistic arseholes I'm sure we could have sweetened him for a 1 or 2 year deal at around £60k (probably even less, tbh).

You have top class older pros like Hangeland who could walk into most top table teams, but a relatively small club like Fulham can hold onto him because they're not run by mongs. Similarly, how many of Everton's top class older players are leaving, or desperate to find a way out of the club (a la Carroll, Nolan, Enrique, Barton)? None is the answer. And you know they of all people could get much better salaries elsewhere.

Barton, to his credit, fought to stay here - even when transfer listed, he dug his heels in and said he was proud to wear the colours. He also continued to put in important performances and helping us to four points already. Even though he was docked wages, trained alone and treated like crap in general. Then QPR come in and offer him a great deal, give him a future and show him some respect - what obligation does he have to Ashley to stay? None. He should do what's right for him, and he has. It's to his credit he didn't go sulk somewhere, not train, play (eg Modric, Maiga) during these troubled times.

Man, my chronology is really bad... but still, hopefully you see my perspective. Joey doesn't owe anyone anything, except himself. It was up to the club to make sure he felt he could get that at Newcastle.

He fell out with Shearer.

He fell out with Hughton, reduced to the bench in the first championship game, after calling Chris "not even a proper manager".

He fell out with Pardew after having a trantrum about captaincy and set-pieces.

He fell out with Fat Sam after being left out the squad for the Wigan game, then he got in the punch up that evening.

I've left out the things with the board and twitter.

But are those fallouts with several managers, mainly because he wanted his own way, the acts of a man who has conducted himself very well ?

'I've had a number of phone calls, bits of interest and people making enquiries, "Would you go here? Would you do this? Would you do that?", because that's the nature of the game, that's the nature of the beast.

'I don't want to leave the football club. My family is settled in the area, I love living in Newcastle. I have got a great working relationship with everyone at the football club, and that's from playing staff to coaching staff to people who work in the training ground to catering staff, everyone.

'I love being at the club and I've got no ambition to leave.

'If someone came in, for instance, hypothetically and offered me Champion's League football, then whether I had signed a five, six, seven-year deal at Newcastle, I'd have to consider it.

'But that's not the case at the minute and as far as I'm concerned, unless someone comes in and can offer me the opportunity to play at the next level, which is obviously the Champions League, then for me it's a no-brainer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2004308/Joey-Barton-Id-leave-Newcastle-Champions-League-club.html#ixzz1W9Jw56SO

While i understand he didn't have much of a choice does this not make him a liar ?

This was from June. He probably didn't knew what his situation would be come end of August.

Barton apologist.

Wow, you've got to that conclusion very quickly.  :thup:

Joey has to look out for himself obviously, the deal at QPR is better than what he would have got here, so for him the decision is obvious.

From the club's point of view, you could argue that they should have reacted less seriously to what he said on twitter, but I can understand why they were furious about it.

So the end result is that we're missing a decent (but not brilliant) player, which weakens our squad a bit. We could have done without that. But the "lost him for nothing" bit is a bit of a non-issue as he was leaving for nothing at the end of the season anyway. His value to us was already basically zero (financially I mean).

So faults and errors on both sides, shame it has come to this, but I certainly don't think Joey comes out of this all good and the club all bad.

from co.uk.

Managing Director Derek Llambias said: "On behalf of everyone at Newcastle United we wish to thank Joey for his on-field contributions to the team and we wish him every success for his future at Queens Park Rangers."

Managing Director Derek Llambias said: "On behalf of everyone at Newcastle United we wish to thank Joey for his on-field contributions to the team and we wish him every success for his future at Queens Park Rangers."

The fucking brass neck on that cunt. :lol:

No comment like that for any other player we've sold this summer.

Guest Roger Kint

Anybody who thinks he's an NUFC legend needs a slap.

To be fair only David28 has been on that embarrassing level

Never said he's a legend. Show me the post with the word "legend" and you'll be the winner.

Show me where i accused you of saying that word you mentalist? Were the tears clouding the words 'on that level'?

Eh, mentalist? Sorry, don't get it.

Again, I've never said the word "legend" about Joey Barton and never would. He's been a great player and one of my personal (probably even all time) favourites. Not a legend. Just wanted to put that right.

There was nothing to put right, nobody has accused you of saying legend man get a grip

Can't understand why QPR are looking to bring in SWP as well mind. Barton's best position as proved over the last year is wide on the right, where he has the freedom to cut inside. I wonder how long it is before him and Taraabt fall out?

from co.uk.

The ambition of the Club really impressed me.

Not a lot else to say really.

Howay Dave, every player says that when they join a club.

Fact is he was pissed off at NUFC for a number of reasons, real and imagined, and he obviously thought he could find a better club than QPR. He's at Loftus Road because nobody better would take him.

Guest bimpy474

Blimey didn't expect this, through gritted teeth i reckon.

Can't understand why QPR are looking to bring in SWP as well mind. Barton's best position as proved over the last year is wide on the right, where he has the freedom to cut inside. I wonder how long it is before him and Taraabt fall out?

No one was going to sign Barton as a makeshift winger, you might as well sign a winger.