Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

:lol:

Booing ex players it more about trying to unsettle them and put them off their game, its not about a real hatred its about gaining any small advantage possible.

If giving Barton grief on Monday night unsettles him and makes him have a poor game or gets him sent off therefore helping us to win the match then thats all that matters.

Barton always seemed to thrive on any booing and ill feeling when he was here.

Guest Roger Kint

I'd just be quiet. No cheering, no booing.

This, ignore him for the 90 minutes then give him a clap if he comes up to the away end afterwards. No boo's or songs though.

"Boooo! The board we hate got rid of you! Booooo! You were great for us the last 2 years boooooooooo"

Boo you don't play for us any more boo why the fk should we care about you

...if you didn't care about him you wouldn't boo him.

To be fair when Les came back with Leicester he got cheered on, then his first touch he was jeered. It's just how it is, I think Barton thrives on it though so I'd rather we just didn't do anything.

Guest Roger Kint

s*** aye, one year. Seems longer, for some reason.

He had a canny spell of 7 games or so earlier under KK mind. Had that many stops and starts it does feel like a long time

"Boooo! The board we hate got rid of you! Booooo! You were great for us the last 2 years boooooooooo"

...if you didn't care about him you wouldn't boo him.

To be fair when Les came back with Leicester he got cheered on, then his first touch he was jeered. It's just how it is, I think Barton thrives on it though so I'd rather we just didn't do anything.

Its football, he won't care either way, not bothered at all if he is not boo'd, care more about our fans not cheering him, 1 good season and whole lot of bad press and he thinks he was great for us.

Mind how many times has he reacted to opposition fans booing him, I am sure he has reacted a good few times.

:lol: Done nowt to offend me = no reason to boo him.

Watching the movement of the top teams this season only makes this prick's delusions of grandeur even more bizarre. Pardew's championing of his qualities even after he's long gone is also strange. Get a grip you fucking cockney twat, we don't need a repeat of your Mascherano/Tevez fuck up here because of your pointless pandering to the local populace.

Watching the movement of the top teams this season only makes this prick's delusions of grandeur even more bizarre. Pardew's championing of his qualities even after he's long gone is also strange. Get a grip you f***ing cockney t***, we don't need a repeat of your Mascherano/Tevez f*** up here because of your pointless pandering to the local populace.

It is probably not a good idea for Pardew to badmouth Barton a few days before the game.  Despite what he says, I suspect he is relieved he is gone.  I get the impression that Pardew doesn't really want "big" personalities in his squad despite what he says - it seems as if the squad he has now is pretty quiet and easy to manage - unless one of the new lads emerge as a "personality".  I think a lot of what Pardew says is to keep fans onside rather than what he actually thinks.  After tomorrow though, there will be no need for him to mention Barton again - or at least until we next play QPR.