Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Agreed, I thought the players committee set up under Hughton was a good thing at first but I did start to get the sense these players were starting to think they were the club rather than just part of it.

I don't think It's a bad ideas players having some say in how things are run but when they start thinking they should have a say in everything It's not going to work.

Especially when they seem to use unrest for their own agenda **cough moan about ambition, end up at QPR and West Ham cough**

Joey Boreton.

Sums up my feelings about him atm. I still like him mind but the stuff he comes out with most of the time are yawn-tastic. Like I've said, I pretty much ignore his Twitter these days, it's the best way to go.

I reckon they'll take him to court over this one. Hope Barton wins.

i don't think they will and if they did there wouldn't be any winners. something must be wrong somewhere if a man on 50kpw plus needs a bonus over and above that to perform.

Guest ykmkmdd

Llambias legal threat to Barton

http://football365.com/news/21554/7343287/Llambias-legal-threat-to-Barton

Former Toon midfielder Barton said Llambias and club owner Mike Ashley got rid of him and other high-profile players who refused to agree to defer bonuses.

Barton told QPR podcast Open All R's: "They thought we were (Ashley's company) Sports Direct and we should do what the subordinates at Sports Direct do."

But Llambias said: "In a week when one of Newcastle United's most beloved footballers passed away, it is disappointing that once again Joey Barton makes the headlines.

"It is also unfortunate that Joey chose to draw such a disparaging comparison between himself and the employees of Sports Direct, who through hard work and dedication are the recipients of the most generous bonus scheme in the UK.

"It may not be a lot of money to Joey, but over 2,000 Sports Direct employees earning £20,000 will receive shares worth over £44,000 over the next two years.

"However, in this week of all weeks, we really do not wish to engage in a public war of words with Joey Barton.

"Our legal advisors are dealing with the matter now and we would encourage Joey to concentrate on his football at Queens Park Rangers."

Guest bimpy474

Tbf to Dekka he has struck the right tone, i suppose he didn't need to reply to the mental one but you can hardly blame them, nutjob madhead didn't need to speak out......well not right now anyhoo, given the events of the last few days.

Guest bimpy474

'We really do not wish to engage in a public war of words with Joey Barton' just after they engage in a public war of words with Joey Barton. :lol:

Aye that bit could have been left out.

Personally think using Speed's passing to one up on Barton as a bit disgusting.  Don't see how it has anything to do with this and thus why it has been mentioned.

only reason i can think is that Speed was the model professional and barton is a child throwing the toys out of the pram

'We really do not wish to engage in a public war of words with Joey Barton' just after they engage in a public war of words with Joey Barton. :lol:

Can't get the cunt to shut up when there's some slagging off to do man.

Guest Howaythetoon

Barton's comments are actually quite revealing and sum up how NUFC is ran - i.e. purely on a financial basis. Hughton wasn't sacked for footballing reasons for example but for financial ones and this is how NUFC will always be ran while Mike Ashley is the owner.

In many ways this is a good thing because financialy we will always be on a sound footing under his stewardship, but for any football club to be even remotely successful there has to be a good marriage between sound finance and sound football.

For example a half decent bid for any of our players would most likely be accepted even to the detriment of the footballing side. Whereas on the footballing side we look to spend as little as possible.

At the moment this isn't to the detriment to the side but come January we could be in the top 6 and who knows, spending a few quid here and there on real quality could see us stay there or better still, compete for a top 4 spot.

Or more realistically, we'll suffer from having a small and weak squad which could be helped out by spending some money to boslter it.

Now that would be a good marriage between the finances and the actual football. That will most likely not happen though.

We'll lose one or two for decent money and replace one or two for not a lot of money.

The football and that side of it under Ashley and co. will always come a very poor second to the finances and that's because Ashley is a businessman.

And on that front, Barton's comments also point to a long heald opinion of mine about Ashley that he simply doesn't value a footballer or a manager in the way the actual game does because he's not a football fan and never has been, he's a businessman.

He doesn't see a fantsaticlly gifted young striker in Carroll he just sees pound signs. He doesn't see a good up and coming manager in Hughton either, he sees a mere employee who should do as he's told or bugger off.

It is all good and well not bowing down to player power but footballers are not normal employees. They rake in millions for their respective clubs via their goals, performances and ability to draw in fans. When I go to St. James' Park I go to watch Ba score goals or Cabaye to spray the ball about. I don't go to watch 11 men simply kick a ball around. If that were the case I'd watch pub teams on a Sunday for free. I go because these players of ours either excite me or have something about them to attract me. Of course I go because I'm a Geordie and NUFC are my club but that isn't and never will be enough.

Ashley doesn't value a footballer or a manager that's why he can peddle Barton for free and allow Kevin keegan, his biggest asset and NUFC's, to resign, Or how about sacking Hughton who it appears didn't share Ashley's ideas about bonuses and player sales.

In all of this there needs to be a middleground. Ashley is not like that though. He's ruthless.

He doesn't give a fuck about fans either, he sees us as customers. If one us is unhappy, there will always be another customer around the corner willing to pay up.

We are doing well at the moment but we could do a whole lot better if he just got football that little bit more or saw it and those that make it what it is, the manager, the players and more importantly the fans, for what they are other than the mere employees and customers he sees us and values us as. That will never happen though and therefore we will never amound to much under him other than financial stability and the odd decent moment or two which we are experiencing right now.

January will be very interesting. I get the impression Pardew will want to strengthen and not lose anyone and will believe, along with the players, that a top 6 finish is acheivable if that happens. He'll know by now pleading to the powers that be will probably fall on deaf ears as it did when he was pleading for a new striker only a few months ago which didn't materialise.

What he and the players are doing is showing Ashley and co what can be achieved and we can only hope they see it, realise it and take it all in and share in it.

NUFC are in a zone at the moment that could see us really kick on for the first time since Sir Bobby's days. We are about 3-4 additions away from having a really strong squad. We already have a decent first-team and some quality younger players but overall our squad isn't as strong as it could be.

That zone... we must take the initiative when it comes our way and its there in front of us. The mackems had a glorious opportunity to overtake us by some distance following our relegation but they didn't. Villa didn't take the initiative they had going for them under O'Neill.

Now, Spurs, they have. We need to.

We did it under Sir Bobby when we were going well, we kept our best players in Dyer who was being courted by Man Utd and Leeds at the time and Nobby who was being courted by Real Madrid as two examples and we brought in Jenas, Woodgate and others to add to our strength. Sadly we lost the inititiave not long after and we have never really recovered. Until now.

We all second guess Ashley because you just don't know and can never know with him but we'll know in January and perhaps the following summer.

My guess is we'll see more of the same old same old.

Guest schmuck

Llambias is such a snivelling cunt, evoking Gary Speed's death like that as a leg up to the moral high ground, I feel rather queasy.

I've only skimmed that HTT, but I don't think you're right to be so negative. Yes, Ashley will run NUFC on a purely financial basis firstly, but within those limits he seems to have assembled football people who will make a good fist of building a quality team.

Anyway, would it not be more reckless to suddenly scrap the financial controls because of half a season in the top few?

Guest bimpy474

Slight tangent like, but is that correct about sports direct bonuses?

Oh yeah, but i think its only for full time staff who had been employed there a couple of years at least to qualify.