Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Anyone just see Arshavin playing with his John Thomas right in front of the camera in tonight's match.

I hope the FA will look into that incident as well then!!!

I feel violated

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5Z_ofOD26N4/TMb0PFzX7FI/AAAAAAAAAGs/8ljv32DTQUk/s1600/think+of+the+children.jpeg

Guest TheSummerOf69

Barton is just about our best player, and the one we miss the most as the team are totally reliant on his wonderful long diagonal Beckham-like balls to Andy Carroll.

But I'm very uneasy at  being so reliant on such an untrustworthy person, who has proven time and time again that he can't come up with responsible behaviour to match the massive responsibility his mammoth wages give the financially-straightjacketed club.

If we can find one or two excellent passers of the ball then I'll be happy to get cash for Barton now while it's on offer, before his next set of unecessary and unwarranted feck-ups. I know I'm in a minority because he's playing so well (when he's not punching players or enacting air wanks), but as Bobby said "The leopard doesn’t change its spots — make an early judgment on them and move them on. Let them go to somebody who has a bigger ego than you and thinks he can change them."

I agree. But in our position are we really going to find someone as good as him? The reason we have to rely on some players with baggage is because we're not good enough to fight with other clubs for the ones with as much skill but no baggage. One saving grace is that at least he's not causing bust ups within the squad anymore, and he seems an integral part to the team spirit.

We'd probably have to have some fucking awsome scouts if we we're to get a player of Bartons ability for less than 10 million, and then theres getting them settled into the club/country.

I hope Barton stays here until he retires/turns shite, the fact he isn't in the England squad and at a better club is down to injuries and the fact he's percieved as a masive c**t by pretty much everyone, a lot of the latter undeserved, a lot deserved too.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Love Barton he has bin vital already this season and think he is starting to show us the old Barton who played for City! :snod:

A gaol sentence, a court case, umpteen suspensions, and 5 managers later, yes.

FA to remind Barton of "responsibilities"

Joey Barton will not face disciplinary action from the Football Association for apparently making an offensive gesture towards Liverpool's Fernando Torres.

The FA have investigated the incident that happened during Newcastle's 3-1 win over Liverpool at the weekend and have decided just to write to the Magpies midfielder.

An FA spokesman said: "We will be writing to him to remind him of his responsibilities."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/14122010/63/fa-remind-barton-quot-responsibilities-quot.html

FA to remind Barton of "responsibilities"

Joey Barton will not face disciplinary action from the Football Association for apparently making an offensive gesture towards Liverpool's Fernando Torres.

The FA have investigated the incident that happened during Newcastle's 3-1 win over Liverpool at the weekend and have decided just to write to the Magpies midfielder.

An FA spokesman said: "We will be writing to him to remind him of his responsibilities."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/14122010/63/fa-remind-barton-quot-responsibilities-quot.html

I'm very relieved to hear this. I assume the ref saw the original incident and took no action at the time, in which case - as I understand it - Barton can't be charged.

I suspect he's come close to a disrepute charge, and he'd do well to heed the lesson. The gestures were very explicit and don't exactly set a great example. The fact that this, that or the other tackle by Gerrard was worse isn't the point, because it's a completely different type of incident.

I did wonder whether Joey has an urge to draw attention to himself by courting controversy. It was so reckless.