Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Even with the capacity for burger-assery, I'd still have him in the squad ahead of Obertan every single day. He's the only one who left who I am missing football-wise (Santon obviously is not yet as good as Jose, but shouldn't be too long before he is).

Those tweets are like a child moaning at school. Its almost as if he HAS to be in conflict with someone. I would say those tweets are bordering on bringing the FA into disrepute. Clearly he has muddied the guidelines on betting in football which is very sensitive and IMO the FA are well within their rights to nip it in the bud. It's also protecting Barton I suppose. I know its all petty but Joey is being just as petty. The more and more that he is tweeting the more a dick he is looking.

Telling everyone to bore off a few weeks ago and then asking people to re-tweet about a petition. Shows how hypocritical he is really.

Joey Barton always have a point. Almost every time he speaks, he speaks the same we all think. But a lot of you forget soon when he is not our player anymore. Him, Nolan, Enrique and Carroll where all forced out of the club in some way. You could say that everyone of them could have stayed, but it is not nice to stay a place where you leaders don`t appriciate your job.

I agree that some of the things he writes on his twitter account should never be written there, but I really think it is a shame he is not here anymore, because he was some caracter with an aura around him, and thats why we all loved him.

The board took a big risk in selling our stars, and so far it seems like it paid off, credit to them. But if we went down this year, do ya think the foreign players would have stayed ? Don`t think so.....

Still a Barton fan, and hope he does well. QPR I dont care as long as they finish below us.

Can't agree with the entirety, but you do make some valid points. It was a big risk and we've been lucky with how well the team has gelled, although you could say that's down to Mr Carr's fantastic player profiling. I don't have any ill-feeling towards Barton, when he had the shirt you couldn't discount his performances, he was pivotal in our first season back and for that I'll always be thankful. However, I don't wish him back, as I've believe we've developed beyond what he offers on the pitch and obviously unsettles the club.

So, you reckon if we'd went down this year our foreigners wouldn't have stayed? Colo, Enrique and Jonas suggests that may not have been true.

Credit for them staying, but they all had an awfull season and would not get contracts anywhere near what they earnt that year in the championship with NUFC. That`s one of the reasons they stayed, another one might be that they love our club and want to stay. Jonas signed a new one, jose did not.

Colo have a good contact now, but he has done extremley well the last seasons, so to ask him to reduce his salary now, is not correct.

So the same thing could happen to him as it did with the prevous mentioned players.

Joey has been warned by the FA about tweeting match predictions, and of course, he's tweeted about it, too!

Just received my weekly warning letter from FA headquarters, this time regarding me tweeting about predicting the weekends Manchester double

According to the FA, I am not allowed to give my opinion of possible results in case that is seen as insider information. These people are

So out of touch with reality its untrue. What difference does my opinion of the outcome of a match, have on the result? None. #rightinthebin

The strange thing is they have probably sent me 30 letters since I started tweeting. That's 30 pieces of paper wasted....stop sending please

I'll prob get a letter about the last few tweets. Thats how ridiculous its become.Drastic shake up needed to move the game into 21st century

If I get another letter, I might have to consider retiring from international football in protest.........

:idiot2:

Barton has a point there tbf. "Insider information" :lol: Should start sending letters to Rio then, he predicts scores almost every week!

Though I expect the FA to spit its dummy out and fine Barton for those tweets.

Those tweets are like a child moaning at school. Its almost as if he HAS to be in conflict with someone. I would say those tweets are bordering on bringing the FA into disrepute. Clearly he has muddied the guidelines on betting in football which is very sensitive and IMO the FA are well within their rights to nip it in the bud. It's also protecting Barton I suppose. I know its all petty but Joey is being just as petty. The more and more that he is tweeting the more a dick he is looking.

Telling everyone to bore off a few weeks ago and then asking people to re-tweet about a petition. Shows how hypocritical he is really.

:thup:

How could it possibly be insider information? :lol:

retiring from international football :lol:

Tbf, he's got a point about the FA.

All of the above

:lol: the FA need to have a word with themselves, if someone suspected Joey Barton of having "insider information" then that's what needs to be investigated, not the fact that he's tweeting about it :lol:

I love how they think he may have insider information. The closest he's ever getting to the top 4 clubs is by predicting their scores on twitter, nobody in their right mind would let him into some betting circle even if they had one going. #IjazButt

Well, the FA has a point here. Everytime Barton predicted a bet, and I followed it, I've won. Loads of money at times.....

Seriously, Barton 'predicts' matches once a month probably. Coach-season-ticket-holder Michael Owen predicts every game that is played.....

So, you reckon if we'd went down this year our foreigners wouldn't have stayed? Colo, Enrique and Jonas suggests that may not have been true.

Credit for them staying, but they all had an awfull season and would not get contracts anywhere near what they earnt that year in the championship with NUFC. That`s one of the reasons they stayed, another one might be that they love our club and want to stay. Jonas signed a new one, jose did not.

Colo have a good contact now, but he has done extremley well the last seasons, so to ask him to reduce his salary now, is not correct.

So the same thing could happen to him as it did with the prevous mentioned players.

Where as good old Joey spent some time in jail for assault & was a non-factor in our promotion season

Subsequently then spent his last few months here undermining the people who pay his wages

Good riddance to good rubbish, I'm happy that we've progressed beyond needing the likes of Joey Barton at the club.

I think a lot of us put up with Barton during his time here because he was one of our better players, that was my feelings on him. I didn't feel we were in a position to lose him. I think even if we held on to him this season the negatives would have outweighed the positives. It's just a relief that he's being controversial on another clubs pay packet and now ours. Some of his tweets are cringeworthy and he really thinks he is above most people. He'll pick and choose his battles. For whatever reason he wasn't calling Jack Wilshire a #helmet after they had a small twitter exchange after the Arsenal game. Yet other people/players with smaller personalities he seems to attack with full venom.

Being in a squad with Joey must be a nightmare for most players. It was telling for me at the end of the season when Barton and Nolan did the lap of honour at SJP miles behind everyone else in the squad.

Isn't that more likely to be the fact they knew they were going to be offski, so wanted a bit more special adulation?

Being in a squad with Joey must be a nightmare for most players. It was telling for me at the end of the season when Barton and Nolan did the lap of honour at SJP miles behind everyone else in the squad.

Isn't that more likely to be the fact they knew they were going to be offski, so wanted a bit more special adulation?

Not sure, possibly. It just seemed odd to me that they weren't close with the rest of the players.

Plus Nolan was on crutches.