Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I still like him for some reason. I don't agree with much of what he says at times, but there is still something refreshing about him.

I still like him to an extent too (don't know why tbh). Certainly don't hate him but it needs to be said that he's a bit of an attention seeking tool. Everything that has happened to him in the last year or so has been his own doing. Will he ever learn? Unlikely.

Guest johnson293

i dont think this 'free transfer' thing is going happen quite so smoothly.

he was on around 50-60k when we granted him his free transfee, just to get rid of his big gob we still had to pay off the remainder of his contract but he had less than 1 year left so it wasnt a huge write off given the liability the man was on and off field.

QPR are probably offering him a deal type of a free transfer on the premise barton agrees to wave off the remainder of his contract, which he won't lol  because he probably has at least 2 years left there and is on about 70-80k a week,  thats a lot of money for him to give up.

QPR are trying to step up the PR game with mr barton, saying "Ok you're so desperate to go? Go but you have to write off the remainder of your contract £££" 

How so?

If we released him, i could understand us having to pay up his contract, but we didn't - we just made him available for free, but that happened a while before he left didn't it? And he still played the first two matches of last season for us before being signed by QPR?

I think Barton is very good at coming across like 'not you're average footballer' but in reality he is and he has a real nasty streak to go with it.

He has a need to be constantly at the centre of attention, something his talent can't achieve.

Can see Norwich taking a chance on him purely because of the Hughton link.

That's a good shout but the 12 game ban could very well put Norwich (and any other club) off.

Can't see it. Barton called both Hughton and Calderwood out in the worst possible terms in a training ground rant on the eve of our first game in the Championship. They rose above it, mainly because nobody would have touched Barton with a barge pole back then, but very much doubt they'll want him anywhere near Norwich.

I think Barton is very good at coming across like 'not you're average footballer' but in reality he is and he has a real nasty streak to go with it.

He has a need to be constantly at the centre of attention, something his talent can't achieve.

This.

That's a good shout but the 12 game ban could very well put Norwich (and any other club) off.

Can't see it. Barton called both Hughton and Calderwood out in the worst possible terms in a training ground rant on the eve of our first game in the Championship. They rose above it, mainly because nobody would have touched Barton with a barge pole back then, but very much doubt they'll want him anywhere near Norwich.

Was that really the case (source, wherer you there?) or is that just what you think did happen?

And yet Barton remained as one of Hughton's most trusted players in our first season back in the PL.

Reckon he'd get a gig at Blackburn. If only because the manager there is as big a c*** as Barton is.

Or he could try playing in the Scottish Third Division for the mighty new 'Gers.

I still like him for some reason. I don't agree with much of what he says at times, but there is still something refreshing about him.

I agree. I'm like a beaten wife who just keeps falling for him again. He talks some s**** like, but I welcome his presence in football and talkes sense sometimes too.

And no, I don't believe we paid up his contract, we just didn't take a transfer fee.

i dont think this 'free transfer' thing is going happen quite so smoothly.

he was on around 50-60k when we granted him his free transfee, just to get rid of his big gob we still had to pay off the remainder of his contract but he had less than 1 year left so it wasnt a huge write off given the liability the man was on and off field.

QPR are probably offering him a deal type of a free transfer on the premise barton agrees to wave off the remainder of his contract, which he won't lol  because he probably has at least 2 years left there and is on about 70-80k a week,  thats a lot of money for him to give up.

QPR are trying to step up the PR game with mr barton, saying "Ok you're so desperate to go? Go but you have to write off the remainder of your contract £££" 

How so?

If we released him, i could understand us having to pay up his contract, but we didn't - we just made him available for free, but that happened a while before he left didn't it? And he still played the first two matches of last season for us before being signed by QPR?

Same here. We gave him to QPR for free so they could give him his big wages. Where did this 'we paid up his remaining contract' come from?

Guest johnson293

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton

Been forced to go back training with the kids and fellow Taliban members at 2pm today...

:facepalm:

Doesn't look like this Marseille thing is gonna happen now. 'Whatever doesn't kill you make you stronger' #heartbroken

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest johnson293

Maybe this is time to dumb down and be dishonest. It seems to take you a long way in this game...

:happy1:

Doesn't look like this Marseille thing is gonna happen now. 'Whatever doesn't kill you make you stronger' #heartbroken

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

http://www.jlh-design.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

Maybe this is time to dumb down and be dishonest. It seems to take you a long way in this game...

:happy1:

Not talking shit about the people who pay your money and not acting like a fucking twat will get you far, you stupid wanker

I remember him saying things like "there'll be a time and a place" and "we players would like to say what we think" and stuff like that. Sadly, (for him at least) he still managed to tweet everything he thought about the club....