Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Him hyping up the last team we had in the championship as full of characters is boring me, they went down without a fight the season before.

Now he's calling Mitrovic unbalanced.  ???

Him hyping up the last team we had in the championship as full of characters is boring me, they went down without a fight the season before.

While surrounded by players who didnt care aye. He's completely right in regards to that side having far more fight obviously. Imagine us being 4-0 down to Arsenal now. Sissoko & Wijnaldum changing that game. Laughable.

While surrounded by players who didnt care aye. He's completely right in regards to that side having far more fight obviously. Imagine us being 4-0 down to Arsenal now. Sissoko & Wijnaldum changing that game. Laughable.

Not to that magnitude, but they were key to a 2-2 come back at Anfield only a few weeks ago tbf. Apart from 2002, when was the last time we did that? :lol:

Barton in the PL again, man. There's a guy who's squeezed every drop from his talent. Has he had a good full season since Man City?

Is he not out of contract again? I thought he only signed a 1 year deal.

Barton in the PL again, man. There's a guy who's squeezed every drop from his talent. Has he had a good full season since Man City?

Aye, he's out of contract this summer.

Great, he's probably being lined up for a triumphant return. A CM pairing of Barton and Colback, shoot me now.

He's convinced he's playing in the PL next season, like.

I have watched four or five Burnley matches this season and in those, Barton was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Which, to be fair, is more telling of the general quality in the Championship more so than Barton's general ability.

Always liked Barton, not afraid to speak his mind and what he says is generally on point.

He's become a better player since that season playing right midfield for us as well.

Guest reefatoon

He's 34 this year you f***ing idiots. He was s*** in his prime.

Totally agree. He was a total bag of shite when he was here previously, why the fuck would we want him back now?

Wasn't the only reason he left something to do with the contract length we offered compared to what QPR did? (similar with West Ham and Nolan iirc)

Couldn't have hated Llambias, Ashley, etc. that much. Just knew how to play to his audience to make up for being a waste of space for 3 and a half years.

Guest firetotheworks

I have watched four or five Burnley matches this season and in those, Barton was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Which, to be fair, is more telling of the general quality in the Championship more so than Barton's general ability.

Did you watch him vs QPR? Because that's the only one I saw him in and he was god-awful.

Heard his full interview on the radio. He made some persuasive points, around the sense of personal and collective responsibility in a core of the squad he was previously relegated with. How it was this coupled with the determination to 'make good' which got them back. How he didn't see enough of this in current squad, how they wouldn't bounce straight back without it. He they needed to get shot of everyone who isn't up for the fight.

He also sees Charnley as a good guy, with his heart in the right place. Doesn't have a problem with Ashley. Describes Llambias as the devil incarnate. Is another pro/ITK who rates Jack Colback. I agree about needing men who are up for a fight and think Barton had (too much of) this, I wouldn't want him back.