Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Surely weight is a personal responsibility no?

Well partly, but everyone is a product of their environment as well.

I just think it's silly to have nearly every shop and food company dedicated to selling us infinite qualities of bad food, then somehow acting like it's a surprise that everyone's fat.

Exercise is free though largely. Maccies is more expensive than a salad. I think the difference is price would be negligible if you worked it out. I just feel like people have a choice

Obviously people have a choice, but it's not that simple. People are actively choosing to weigh 25 stone because they prefer it to being fit and healthy, just doesn't stack up to me.

McDonalds is addictive, it's quick, it's easy, it's cheap, it's in your face on every street in the country. It's advertised incredibly widely. On Holloway Road in North London there's a McDonalds sign that says one branch is 2 minutes walk in one direction, and the other one is 30 seconds the other way.

I enjoy a McDonalds FWIW, I'm just saying that the way we've allowed society and the market to become has produced the result that it would inevitably produce.

I do too TBH, I'm obesity waiting to happen.

:lol: least you'll get those tokens Barton was on about. Or move to Dubai and claim that gold

Nah, I'm not on a low enough income. Unless I can't work because my fingers become too fat for the keyboard.

Guest neesy111

Our bodies naturally want calorie intensive food, it's just that we mostly don't burn them off by sitting watching TV etc nowadays.  Also drinks/alcohol should be included in the debate, not just food.

I've done that recently, starting seeing myself on photos and I knew it was time to be taking the health more seriously. Nobody says they noticed, but I was definitely not in the shape I should be.

I can also see how feeling worthless and not being bothered about anything could lead you to go the other way though.

I do too TBH, I'm obesity waiting to happen.

:lol: least you'll get those tokens Barton was on about. Or move to Dubai and claim that gold

Nah, I'm not on a low enough income. Unless I can't work because my fingers become too fat for the keyboard.

http://funnyasduck.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/funny-homer-simpson-fingers-too-fat-dialing-wand-tv-scene-pics.jpg

That whole episode is brilliant from start to finish.

It's a weird one. I've got no concept of what being fat is like but I also have never had to diet, so I don't know how difficult it is. Obviously it's hard like.

I was exactly the same until 25ish. The. My metabolism wasn't as good. I still ate pretty well when I was skinny as a rake tbh. Thing is as soon as I saw the warning signs I changed my eating habits instantly

That's how I feel I'm going to go and I'm bricking it tbh :lol:

I'm already eating a lot healthier than I was a couple of years ago like but if I balloon up I'd be inconsolable.

Our bodies naturally want calorie intensive food, it's just that we mostly don't burn them off by sitting watching TV etc nowadays.  Also drinks/alcohol should be included in the debate, not just food.

Our bodies want nutrients but we give them empty calories instead so we're never full. Just keep stuffing ourselves with nutritionally deficient shite until all the unspent sugar, carbs, and fat turn us into fat shirtless geordies.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't mind him.  Not as good as he thinks he is.  His pseudo-intelligence and fake interest in philosophy and shit is pretty irritating.  But I think underneath it all, he's actually a decent enough bloke, if a bit fucked up. 

Met him very briefly and he seemed sound enough.  People that have met him say similar.  Whenever I've seen him up the races and in Newmarket.  He isn't giving it the big one or craving attention like a lot of footballers/minor celebs that get up there.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I don't mind him.  Not as good as he thinks he is.  His pseudo-intelligence and fake interest in philosophy and s*** is pretty irritating.  But I think underneath it all, he's actually a decent enough bloke, if a bit f***ed up. 

Met him very briefly and he seemed sound enough.  People that have met him say similar.  Whenever I've seen him up the races and in Newmarket.  He isn't giving it the big one or craving attention like a lot of footballers/minor celebs that get up there.

One redeeming feature of the bloke is he manages to avoid sounding like the rest of the ex-footballer cliche merchants who infest the media.