Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Aluko is another braindead ex-player who's fallen on their feet in punditry, despite not bring very good at it. We collect them.

Edited by The Prophet

There are some pundits who offer poor to no insight but lots of personality and I understand why they’d occasionally get a gig. She brings neither, though.

As you say she’s certainly not the only one. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aluko is another braindead ex-pundit, who's fallen on their feet in punditry, despite not bring very good at it. We collect them.

She is just genuinely not good at punditry which has nothing to do with her race or gender.

Emma Hayes and Sue Smith are as good as any bloke at taking about games

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

I do get the point but one is a legit open question that can lead on to a Messi anecdote. The other is just another stupid, factually incorrect statement by someone who doesn’t bother doing the research because her other characteristics keep her in a job. She’s like a parody at this point 

its yet another typical English pundit thinking England are the best thing since sliced bread and Bellingham is the best player that ever lived. Ferdinand wasn’t interested in a Messi anecdote or even what Fabregas answer was going to be he just wanted to coo about Bellingham. The commentary was absolutely ridiculous as well. 

They do it every tournament yet never learn 

Edited by gdm

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Aluko is another braindead ex-player, who's fallen on their feet in punditry, despite not bring very good at it. We collect them.

She isn’t great but the targetted attacks by Barton and his followers is ridiculous. Wouldn’t like to have her job for any money knowing whatever she says good or bad it’ll get picked apart and ridiculed. Barton is a cunt. He knows what he’s doing. 

20 minutes ago, gdm said:

She isn’t great but the targetted attacks by Barton and his followers is ridiculous. Wouldn’t like to have her job for any money knowing whatever she says good or bad it’ll get picked apart and ridiculed. Barton is a cunt. He knows what he’s doing. 

The two things are mutually exclusive in my opinion

Barton is a huge cunt 

She shouldn’t be doing her job either 

She's absolutely shit but it's annoying how her shitness is automatically tied to her race and sex.

I saw a clip today of two people thinking they were being completely fair by describing exactly why she's terrible, but then they followed it up with how she "isn't doing the women's game any favours"

They're probably right in reality, but if you think about how odd it would sound if you said "Michael Owen isn't doing the men's game any favours" or how racist it would sound to say "Garth Crooks isn't doing black pundits any favours" it's obvious what even people like that who think they're being fair are unwittingly buying into.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Agreed. 

28 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

She's absolutely shit but it's annoying how her shitness is automatically tied to her race and sex.

I saw a clip today of two people thinking they were being completely fair by describing exactly why she's terrible, but then they followed it up with how she "isn't doing the women's game any favours"

They're probably right in reality, but if you think about how odd it would sound if you said "Michael Owen isn't doing the men's game any favours" or how racist it would sound to say "Garth Crooks isn't doing black pundits any favours" it's obvious what even people like that who think they're being fair are unwittingly buying into.

Spot on.

While I completely agree with that analysis, it’s surely in part because she’s a female pundit in men’s football that’s encouraging the argument about her not helping the women’s game. 

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

Hopefully our fanbase stops associating this guy as one of ours, he's a rotten twat.

I hate to say this mate, but I'm pretty certain a lot of people (on here anyway) agree with his views. 

Does speak volumes that, out of all these grifters, Barton was the only one thick enough to back himself into a legal Twitter apology. Can't recall even Laurence Fox having to do that, and he's about as bright as Winter in Alaska. 

15 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Exactly this, great point. She's poor because she's poor, it's nothing to do with her race or gender but unfortunately that's not the way the world works. One bad woman pundit means they're all bad! 

31 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I hate to say this mate, but I'm pretty certain a lot of people (on here anyway) agree with his views. 

I hope they also agreed with him when he developed a French accent a few weeks into his Marseille loan

41 minutes ago, Menace said:

Hopefully our fanbase stops associating this guy as one of ours, he's a rotten twat.

Agree. Hate the scouse rat. Worst thing is he was bang average a lot of the time he was here as well. People remember him as though he was quality on the pitch when he wasn't

21 minutes ago, jack j said:

Agree. Hate the scouse rat. Worst thing is he was bang average a lot of the time he was here as well. People remember him as though he was quality on the pitch when he wasn't

His best form was in the first season back in the premier league when he played as a right midfielder in a 4-4-2. His crossing ability was handy with Nolan, Ameobi, Carroll etc. Other than that run of 10 or so games he was utter shit.