Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Will Pardew realise he's best on the right now then? Was excellent today.

excellent first half, poor second till he got booked (deservedly and stupidly, if it had been against us many would have said it was a red card offence) then even better than the first half.

`Luckily, we had a strong ref today `  same guy who has been given OBE for refing the louts XI called holland. game in the summer.

joey got the ball, and had his eyes on the ball not the player. ALso the wigan player went in strongly too.

lunged in studs up. if that was cattermole this board would have melted.

Guest toonlass

`Luckily, we had a strong ref today `  same guy who has been given OBE for refing the louts XI called holland. game in the summer.

joey got the ball, and had his eyes on the ball not the player. ALso the wigan player went in strongly too.

He got an MBE

An huge overstatement, to be fair.

wouldn't have melted but the overall consensus would have been it should've been red.

I dopn't particularly like Barton as a person but I think your dislike clouds your judgement a bit. Not so much on the tackle but the disparaging remasrks about Barton's crossing for example.

I dopn't particularly like Barton as a person but I think your dislike clouds your judgement a bit. Not so much on the tackle but the disparaging remasrks about Barton's crossing for example.

and yet i made him MotM today and against liverpool and villa when carroll got a hat trick. :dontknow:

and yet i made him MotM today and against liverpool and villa when carroll got a hat trick. :dontknow:

fair enough then.

....(But Tiote was MOTM)

fair enough then.

....(But Tiote was MOTM)

thought he had a poor first half, held on too much and nearly got caught. have to say it was close between the two, barton edges it for the shot that lead to the goal and it's noce to see him getting into those positions that he could do when playing in the middle aswell (but never does).

it's nice to have arguments over MotM when they have actually played well and not just least bad.

fair enough then.

....(But Tiote was MOTM)

thought he had a poor first half, held on too much and nearly got caught. have to say it was close between the two, barton edges it for the shot that lead to the goal and it's noce to see him getting into those positions that he could do when playing in the middle aswell (but never does).

it's nice to have arguments over MotM when they have actually played well and not just least bad.

:lol: :thup:

Guest toonlass

Henry Winter is having a whinge about it on Twitter too. Something about a leopard not being able to change it's spots. Typical bullshit from Winter.

Victim of his reputation yesterday.  The way all their players tried to turn it into a mass brawl didn't help.  If that's any other player then it's play on.

I was at the Aberdeen v Dundee Utd game on Saturday and our full-back put in a similar tackle on the Aberdeen lad who got a broken ankle but it was a good tackle and the referee rightly gave a throw-in.

Nothing wrong with a good strong challenge as long as your sole focus is for the ball and you get it.

Iffy on the tackle.  Yellow was probably appropriate and credit to Webb for not making it red simply because it was Joey Barton.  I was impressed with Barton on the goal.  He looked very composed when the ball was in the air and knew exactly what he wanted to do with before it came to him.  The keeper made a nice save but Loven and Shola did well to fill in the spaces.  He and Simpson worked very well together.  When Simpson bombed forward, Barton covered his rear well.  Simpson looks great from an attacking standpoint and is improving defensively, too.

Imagine what we'd have done to the Championship had he been fit?

Probably not alot. The way we were targeted and 'made an example of' by the officials down there, he'd have spent most of the season in the stands.

Henry Winter is having a whinge about it on Twitter too. Something about a leopard not being able to change it's spots. Typical bullshit from Winter.

It just goes to highlight how biased referees are towards players with 'bad reputations'. They all say they're fair and don't go off what happens in the past, yet ALL former referees in the public eye always go on about "leopard never changes its spots" etc.

It just goes to highlight how biased referees are towards players with 'bad reputations'. They all say they're fair and don't go off what happens in the past, yet ALL former referees in the public eye always go on about "leopard never changes its spots" etc.

You have got your Winters mixed up.

Thought it was a borderline red myself after looking at the replay. It's the way he lunged in over the ball with his studs up at an angle that imo is only intended to make contact with the man. The only thing that saved him is that he landed his foot on the ball and the Wigan player sort of hesitated which reduced the impact of the contact made.