Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Henry Winter is having a whinge about it on Twitter too. Something about a leopard not being able to change it's spots. Typical bullshit from Winter.

Typical bullshit? Winter is one of the best journalists out there.

He also has a massive soft spot for us too.

I do agree that his comments are wrong on this occasion though.

Guest toonlass

Henry Winter is having a whinge about it on Twitter too. Something about a leopard not being able to change it's spots. Typical bullshit from Winter.

He tweets a load of crap about us a lot. Caulkin is a much better journalist, in both writing style and when he is writing about us or Sunderland.

Guest guinness_fiend

Thought it was a borderline red myself after looking at the replay. It's the way he lunged in over the ball with his studs up at an angle that imo is only intended to make contact with the man. The only thing that saved him is that he landed his foot on the ball and the Wigan player sort of hesitated which reduced the impact of the contact made.

This.

I don't think there was any intention. He had the ball, he lost control of it for a split second so he instinctively went to get it back. It is a part of his game that shouldn't be curbed as it is the same drive that is making him win matches for us at the moment.

He tweets a load of crap about us a lot. Caulkin is a much better journalist, in both writing style and when he is writing about us or Sunderland.

No he doesn't. He tweets a lot of stuff about Ashley and Llambias destroying this club, in which he's right.

He's got nothing but praise for us as a group of supporters and the history of our club.

Fully deserves to get a crack at centre midfield for England.

What a player he has been this season.

Not even getting a crack at centre mid for us you nutter :lol:

Yeah, but that's down to us having nobody who can cross the ball to play on the right hand side.

Truely think an England call up is on the cards, provided he keeps fit and doesnt do anything stupid. Absolutely immense today from start to finish, he was still busting a gut in the 93rd.

Loved the ovation he got from all parts of the ground when taking set pieces. Few would have seen this coming a couple of years ago, even if some of us knew he had the talent.

Crackers how people still want him in the centre.

I know. He is absolutely tailor-made for his current role. I'd be incredibly surprised if he 'doesn't like' it either. It's not his 'favourite position' but he's essentially playing two different roles, and that's a credit to his stamina and energy - which are both just as brilliant as his technique. He drifts central when we're attacking (even floating towards the left at times), but he's always chasing back to the wing when we have to defend.

He's playing superbly at the moment. His best run of form without a shadow of a doubt.