Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With Barton possibly crocked and Taylor out for three games, we should be trying to get Routledge back, not attempting to get more midfielders off the books.

You'd think having to utilise Lovenkrands on the right wing would have rung the alarm bell like.

f***ing exactly.

If we'd been in a relegation battle, I'd agree. If we lose Barton & Tiote to injury or suspension or whatever then we'd miss out on Europe whether we had Routledge & Guthrie playing, or Perch & Lovenkrands.

We've got two players who'd offer little to the overall position we finish this season in the shop window now where QPR & Forest will probably give us £4-5m for two players who will not be good enough for us next season.

Look at the bigger picture man instead of, "ooo what if Tiote's out for two games and Perch has to play twice and we finish 12th.

Finishing 12th rather than say 8th would cost us £3 million though leaving the money gained from loaning out Guthrie pointless.  :pow:

Can't prove it though. I argue if Routledge plays instead of Raylor on Saturday we win that game.

Routledge might not have gotten sent off, but in all likelihood he'd have been as poor as ever if he'd played.

Another idiotic move from the club. Can't see any positives about it what so ever.

Might help us to sell him? A poor player who probably doesn't belong anywhere near the level we should be aspiring to.

I know what you mean, though. It seems very daft with such minimal cover.

Another idiotic move from the club. Can't see any positives about it what so ever.

Might help us to sell him? A poor player who probably doesn't belong anywhere near the level we should be aspiring to.

I know what you mean, though. It seems very daft with such minimal cover.

Have to focus on the positives really, I wouldn't want to play Guthrie in the starting XI between now and the end of the season, so that hopefully means if he was needed to fill in or give someone a break (from our hectic schedule ;) ) then that'll pass onto Perch/Vukcic/Ferguson or maybe the rarely-spotted Stephen Ireland.

As poor as he was against Chelsea, or Wolves, or Man City, or Everton?

He's played a few good games (don't remember him doing much against Everton like) and more average to poor games.  I suppose I was too harsh to say as poor as ever though, obviously he's not always poor.

Seems sensible move.

With ireland about to make it to the first team and gosling.arfa coming backkkk.

Guthrie in prem=lightweight.  Doesnt seem to have an longterm future here.  COuld be useful as a squad player for a uefa campaign, but thats gonna be 2 years away probably.

Good move imo too. They wouldn't have done this without Ireland and Gosling being very close to starting. And probably, the injury on Barton is not as scare as first feared.

Guthrie needs playing time. If he performs well, that will also increase his price too, as already mentioned.

I hope Gosling and Ireland are close to starting then. I'm not a fan of Guthrie in the slightest but both those two have questionable fitness records and with Ryan Taylor and Barton out we would probably be using Guthrie in the next couple of games if he stays I would have thought.

Do people actually think they know better than the club. Loaning out Guthrie must mean

1. Bartons injury isn't that serious

2. Gosling, Ireland, Ben Arfa and Barton should be fit soon.

3. Perch has been decent as DM in training.

4. They have practiced 3-5-2 with wingbacks in case something happens giving extra reassurance in the back with three defenders and a DM.

5. Guthrie is shit and although good to have in squad maybe Shane Ferguson, Vukcic, Perch have impressed more in practice.

6. Must be a good loan fee involved.

7. Is this even confirmed or true for that matter?

It's canny funny how people were slating him, questionning his level of ability and commitment and now everyone complains he's being loaned out.

Not really. I was slating him but it doesn't mean if we have four or five midfielders out through injury I wouldn't want him to be picked.