Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest wshmag

Guthrie is fucking bollocks, weak as piss.spends most of his time running around giving the ball back to the opposition.

Guthrie is fucking bollocks, weak as piss.spends most of his time running around giving the ball back to the opposition.

What? Guthrie was one of the best midfielders we had last year and has bags of potential! Only 22 years old. He is one of few positive things about the club at the moment.

Guest firetotheworks

I've got a bad feeling we won't be able to keep him.

Really? I would say he's one of the last players I'd expect to leave. Any reason for it? Or purely a bad feeling?

Guest wshmag

What? Guthrie was one of the best midfielders we had last year and has bags of potential! Only 22 years old. He is one of few positive things about the club at the moment.

no chance. last season i'd have been happy to have him as a squad player, but first team? no. he's shit.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guthrie is fine, just needs guidance to actually blossom. Don't think he's the type of lad who'll handle the pressure of life at Newcastle too well.

Guthrie is f***ing bollocks, weak as piss.spends most of his time running around giving the ball back to the opposition.

no chance. last season i'd have been happy to have him as a squad player, but first team? no. he's s***.

who do we have that's better?

Just Barton tbh

Guest wshmag

Guthrie is f***ing bollocks, weak as piss.spends most of his time running around giving the ball back to the opposition.

no chance. last season i'd have been happy to have him as a squad player, but first team? no. he's s***.

Just Barton tbh

Doesn't make Guthrie a good player

Just Barton tbh

you said you didn't want him in the first team though.:lol: Who is better?

I think he'll do very well in this league, really looking forward to see him play even. The guy is direct, aggressive and doesn't mind taking a shot. Seems like exactly what we need.

Guest wshmag

Just Barton tbh

you said you didn't want him in the first team though.:lol: Who is better?

barton going forward.

smith in the holding role.

Guest wshmag

fair enough, would have said that at 5:30 yesterday?

aye. actually. smith has always had the aggression, strength and experience that guthrie hasn't.

saying that, guthrie is probably a better striker than the cunt

Guthrie is fine, just needs guidance to actually blossom. Don't think he's the type of lad who'll handle the pressure of life at Newcastle too well.

I disagree with that. Several times last season he was the one trying to take responsibility and not being afraid of doing so. Yet his more experienced, more well rewarded colleagues stood around him hiding.

Guest Heneage

Guthrie could be our Carrick in role not ability. I really like him and was annoyed that he wasn't given more chances. Alongside Barton or Smith he will become very important for us.

Guest Stephen927

Did well enough handling the pressure when we were in the Premiership after Keegan had gone and the atmosphere was tense and there was a lot of pressure on the team to perform.

Guest wshmag

Did well enough handling the pressure when we were in the Premiership after Keegan had gone and the atmosphere was tense and there was a lot of pressure on the team to perform.

Fagan at Hull will disagree

Fagan at Hull will disagree

Was just about to mention that. First game Keegan went, he lost his head and got himself banned. :lol:

Whatever people may have to say about him, he's definately a better option than Nicky Butt.

Whatever people may hope, but Butt is definitaly going to play unless he's injured/banned or he gets sold.

I think Guthrie is one of a small group of players who possess potential at the club.

He rarely loses the ball, he can pass, cross and shoot. He's only really guilty of lacking pace.

If I remember right, it narked me that shearer seemed reluctant to play him. Opting for butt and nolan instead. Shame.

Like all young players, he needs a good manager and good coaches. He has fuck all here.

Guthrie showed his hunger and drive a number of times for me last year.

Most notably for me away to Wigan. 2-0 down to ten men, every was pathetic but Guthrie continued to want the ball and try to go forward. He then took responsibility for the penalty in the last minute.

I think he'd run the Championship. Smith holding, with Barton and Guthrie pushed right forward. As we're quite weak up front, I think we need to utilise Barton and Guthrie further forward.