Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The lad must be totally pissed off.  He's been played out of position for best part of two seasons with right backs behind him with very little steel about them.  There have been some ideal opportunities against some of the pish teams to give him a go in the centre, but it is easier not to have to make the decision.

has he....whats his position ? played wide often enough for bolton and often enough for us. what makes you think centre mid is "his true position" ?

He can move from one of the pitch to the other at a similar capacity to the opposition?

soft as shit, poor in the tackle, dithers on the ball, head drops when things don't go his way, doesn't have a great engine, poor in the air. all reasons why he shouldn't be a central midfielder. and yet i'd still like to see him tried out there, which says a lot about Smith, Nolan and Butt.

it was a great goal.

unfortunatly it was his only decent touch in the game.

He had one or two others but for the most part he sat back and got bummed royally by the West Brom midfielders.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of position or not, this lad needs to start offering a lot more. Was invisible tonight, easily as bad as the other unholy tinity of Smith, Nolan and Butt.

I thought he'd do well this year in thgis league but one belting free kick aside, has been a big let down.

Out of position or not, this lad needs to start offering a lot more. Was invisible tonight, easily as bad as the other unholy tinity of Smith, Nolan and Butt.

I thought he'd do well this year in thgis league but one belting free kick aside, has been a big let down.

He's supposed to be our best passer of the ball. Says it all really...

He's setup a lot of our goals this year.

He's setup a lot of our goals this year.

I want more damn it! :-)

If you ask me, he is delivering and playing out of his position, I mean hes got 9 assists or so this season and two goals of his own, but the fact that he has nobody in central midfield to actually help him out is the worrying thing.

He's played all over the place, it's no surprise he's not doing as well as he should be.

If you ask me, he is delivering and playing out of his position, I mean hes got 9 assists or so this season and two goals of his own, but the fact that he has nobody in central midfield to actually help him out is the worrying thing.

There comes a point though where you cant keep blaming other players because he is underperforming. That was a classic and too easy to use excuse for Jonas's numerous crap performances last season.

not the same player who shone at old trafford under keegan. looks like a mentally weak person who needs strong leadership and guidance to shine. still, i'd like to see him put in the middle for a run of games to see how he does. atm i'd even pair him with Butt than see another Smith-Nolan comedy duo.

He's played all over the place, it's no surprise he's not doing as well as he should be.

It's pretty clear Hughton doesn't like him, to the point of trying to piss him off.

Guest firetotheworks

He was shit today, but against Palace he was the only one doing anything of note in our midfield, and was imo MOTM.

He's playing out of position, and he's still delivering assists. He's the least of our worries in that midfield.

Guest Stephen927

He shows for the ball. This immediately puts him ahead of every other centre mid we have available right now. Not sure why Hughton chose hiim on the left wing when Routledge, Pancrate, Jonas or Lovenkrands could have started there, enabling us to play with Guthrie central instead of Butt. But of course, Chris won't piss off the seasoned pros..

I know it's been said before but it's so blindingly obvious this lad isnt a winger. Not in any sense of the word. The lads at an age now where he needs to start playing in his proper position, in the centre of midfield. I honestly hope, with Routledge coming in Hughton gives him a go in the middle, it's not like we've got anyone in there who's worldclass. I reckon he might go some way to providing the creativity and craft we need.