Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bobthemag

Guthrie has shown that Keegan had a good eye for a player even though even though he wasn't a big money signing, he was a top manager and would have done well again

Guest Heneage

Guthrie has shown that Keegan had a good eye for a player even though even though he wasn't a big money signing, he was a top manager and would have done well again

I wasn't aware that Keegan signed the players?

Only the good uns.  :fishing:

I just got Guthrie on my shirt I love the guy.

Guest bobthemag

didn't he say Guthrie was his signing ?

Guest Stephen927

didn't he say Guthrie was his signing ?

Guthrie and Bassong apparently.

Didn't watch the game tonight so I can't comment, but I thought he was poor at Boro. Imo, he will struggle to play in a two man midfield in the Premiership. Defensively he is rather poor. He is rather skillful and incisive going forward, but not enough to cover these deficiencies at the next level.

Fantastic again. We're a completly different team with him in the middle.

was good against a very poor opposition.

fantastic is going a tad over the top.......................nolan looked decent against this lot and gutierrez coukd take everyone on.

carroll deservedly MOTM, scared the life out of them,then routledge .

Guest firetotheworks

Poor against boro or not, his delivery was class. That's what I like about him, when he's good he transforms the team, and when he doesn't, he still gets the assists. His right foot is lethal man.

He was probably told to play it safe with the passing against Boro. His game is about getting the ball and driving us forward.

excuses.

Come on, man, we genuinely look like 2 completely different teams at home and on the road. Christ knows what rubbish they're being told.

Guest firetotheworks

He was probably told to play it safe with the passing against Boro. His game is about getting the ball and driving us forward.

excuses.

Come on, man, we genuinely look like 2 completely different teams at home and on the road. Christ knows what rubbish they're being told.

*Chris

No suprise we've scored way more goals since he started playing in the middle at home.

bloody right its no surprise as we have an extra man going forward (as opposed to butt or smith sitting on our centre halves toes) and lovenkrantz making intelligent movement.

excuses.

maybe nolan isn't as unfit as you reckon...maybe he is told to save his energy for getting into the box ?

unlikely ?, about as likely as guthrie receiving instructins to lay it safe in away games.

Guest firetotheworks

excuses.

maybe nolan isn't as unfit as you reckon...maybe he is told to save his energy for getting into the box ?

unlikely ?, about as likely as guthrie receiving instructins to lay it safe in away games.

Everyone plays differently away from home, including Nolan.

Has good technique, but really needs to learn to drill a ball. There was at least 2 or 3 occasions when he should have smashed the ball across the face of the goal on Saturday but decided to float it to the back post (and usually with too much weight on it).

Dannys one of the one squad players I genuinely like, keeps his head down and works hard. Bit like milner in that respect.

Dannys one of the one squad players I genuinely like, keeps his head down and works hard. Bit like milner in that respect.

Well, let's not jump to bury this one when he doesn't immediately set the Premiership alight then.

One of the most insane things I've experienced as a Newcastle supporter was seeing how much Milner was hated. It wasn't even a case of him giving up on him too early when he was struggling, he was actually one of our best players for 2 years running and had an excellent attitude, but some people seemed to despise him because he "had no pace" (the most overused and often incorrect indictment against a player ever by the way) and "couldn't cross."

Now I'm not trying to imply that the fans drove him out of the club or anything, I'm fully aware of who initiated that transfer... But still, it's always just struck me as incomprehensible.