SSN: David O'Leary 'no longer in contention' for NUFC job

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest afternoonfix

O'Leary would be way better than Hughton anyday,any idiot knows that,its just do we want Ashley?

So what’s occurring, SkyBet had Joe Kinnear at 16/1 this morning, 5/1 at 5PM and now, betting is suspended.

So what’s occurring? According to our forum members, Paddy Power have also suspended betting on the next manager – all we can say is watch this space but it looks as if the roller coaster that is NUFC, is picking up pace

Nothing Ashley does makes any sense, so im gonna predict Dennis Wise as the new manager.

Fuckin hell, can u imagine the reaction? Exactly the sort of thing i can imagine that cockney cunt creating.

I would be delighted if he did that. Seriously - absolutely delighted.

Sometimes you have to let arrogant arseholes dig their own graves.

If that's what he wants to do, then so be it. Bring it on.

Two words:  STRACHAN

Lets face it, its either O'Dreary or more likely Kinnear.  The likes of Curbs, Coppell (as much as I dislike him) and Strachan wont nod their heads at everything Ashley and his goon want doing.

Either way, something has to give and soon.

Guest Mantis

Lets get real.  He wont pay much for a manager if JFK and D'OL were the options.  There is no way he would pay curbs or strachan what they can command.  As I thought as the weeks went on, sale is off, FCMA is staying and the firesale will gather pace.  Expect players like Tozer and Zamblera getting way closer to first team action this year.  This is going to get worse and there is another season of turmoil ahead.  Cant wait for MA to turn up at St James.

Fk me stiff, SSN are loving this Ginola s***

What ginola shit? Sorry I completely missed this.. that and not having SSN.

He wants the managers job here

I Can Manage Newcastle United - David Ginola

The flamboyant Frenchman thinks he could be the man to bring the glory days back to the Toon...

13-Aug-2009 9:53:54 PM

David Ginola has revealed that he would relish the opportunity to manage his old side Newcastle United, a club where he enjoyed two years as a fans' favourite during the time when Kevin Keegan was manager at St James' Park.

The Frenchman is looking to begin a career in management and feels that the Magpies would represent as good a place to start as anywhere else.

"Why not?" he asserted, speaking to Sky Sports News. "I'll probably come back to live in this country. I'm looking forward to coming back to the game. Yes."

The man who was famous for his flamboyance and stylish skills as a player with the Toon and later with Tottenham Hotspur feels that his personal qualities would stand him in good stead as a boss.

"Because I'm very straightforward with things, I'm pretty sure that being a manager, or just being involved with the club, I would defend my philosophy of football or of life, of responsibility, of passion," he affirmed.

"If you sign for me you will have to provide more than you expect to do."

The management situation at St James' Park is still uncertain, to say the least. Whilst the club's directors continue to seek a buyer for the troubled outfit, Chris Hughton continues manage team affairs on an interim basis with no indication as yet as to how long he will have to undertake those duties.

Alan Shearer remains interested in managing the club, but no appointmen

Piss off Ginola, stop getting yourself some media attention.

As for JFK, Mike Ashley bringing him back would be like poking a hungry tiger with a sharp stick.

Tbh i'd rather have him than JFK back.

In the grand shceme of things maybe aye.  But he wont come here, he is just media whoring himself.

He said when he left as a player he didn't like the area, why come back now when the club is in an UBER mess.

What ginola s***? Sorry I completely missed this.. that and not having SSN.

The flamboyant Frenchman thinks he could be the man to bring the glory days back to the Toon...

David Ginola has revealed that he would relish the opportunity to manage his old side Newcastle United, a club where he enjoyed two years as a fans' favourite during the time when Kevin Keegan was manager at St James' Park.

The Frenchman is looking to begin a career in management and feels that the Magpies would represent as good a place to start as anywhere else.

"Why not?" he asserted, speaking to Sky Sports News. "I'll probably come back to live in this country. I'm looking forward to coming back to the game. Yes."

The man who was famous for his flamboyance and stylish skills as a player with the Toon and later with Tottenham Hotspur feels that his personal qualities would stand him in good stead as a boss.

"Because I'm very straightforward with things, I'm pretty sure that being a manager, or just being involved with the club, I would defend my philosophy of football or of life, of responsibility, of passion," he affirmed.

The management situation at St James' Park is still uncertain, to say the least. Whilst the club's directors continue to seek a buyer for the troubled outfit, Chris Hughton continues manage team affairs on an interim basis with no indication as yet as to how long he will have to undertake those duties.

Ginola is a legend, as is Shearer but they need to start lower down to get experience before they're ready for this job.

We need a proven manager.

What ginola s***? Sorry I completely missed this.. that and not having SSN.

Ginola is a legend, as is Shearer but they need to start lower down to get experience before they're ready for this job.

We need a proven manager.

Ginola is not a legend.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/newcastleunited/6024208/Newcastles-talks-with-David-OLeary-break-down.html

Newcastle's talks with David O'Leary break down

Newcastle United have suffered a double blow after talks collapsed with David O'Leary over the manager's position and Everton closed in on centre-half Steven Taylor

Club owner Mike Ashley had identified former Leeds and Aston Villa manager O'Leary as his No 1 target to fill the vacancy in the St James' Park manager's office and even offered him a two-year contract, but they were unable to agree personal terms.

Negotiations ended in deadlock in a meeting between Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias, who runs the club for Ashley, and O'Leary together with his representative, the London-based lawyer Michael Kennedy.

That impasse bodes badly for the job prospects of O'Leary, who still harbours hopes of reviving his career at Newcastle following three-and-a-half years out of management. Ashley, who joined in the talks by telephone, expected to look elsewhere for a new manager if he takes the club off the market.

"Mike isn't the type of guy to back down," a Tyneside source said. "He wanted to give David the chance to come back but was unable to come up with a package which suited both parties. The door is still open but there would have to be a rethink from both sides."

Tyneside entrepreneur Barry Moat has confirmed he is still attempting to complete a takeover and would immediately restore Alan Shearer to the manager 's role.

If takeover talks founder, Ashley will look to hire an out-of-work manager such as Alan Curbishley or Glenn Hoddle although former Celtic manager Gordon Strachan has been ruled out of the running for the post.

Everton manager David Moyes has moved to exploit the uncertainty gripping the Tyneside club by taking significant steps to sign former England Under-21 captain Taylor in an £8 million deal with his paymasters approached on Thursday.

Taylor, 23, has been identified as a replacement for Joleon Lescott, who seems certain to join Manchester City

That bit about turning to Curbishley or Glenn Hoddle made me laugh. As if the fat bastard ever had any intention of bringing in anyone other than Kinnear.

Ginola a legend? For us? You insult true legends with that WUM

Oh get lost. He was a hero of mine growing up.

He was brilliant for us under Keegan and people on here have short memories.

I've read people calling Ketsbaia a legend and give him the job because he kicked an advertising board but what we'd have given for Ginola in his pomp last season.