SSN: David O'Leary 'no longer in contention' for NUFC job

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

another one desperate for ajob and been out for 3 yrs who is suggesting these names to the muppets

Think thats why Ashley goes for them. Ignores their current managerial ability & just gets whats cheap.

we should have some cash from all players we've sold. im most concerned with not getting any players at all before transferwindow ends. we desperately need someone to lead and bring some fresh ones in.

Guest Wally_McFool

Nowt against O'Leary to be honest but if fat man decides not to sell up, I  wont be best pleased.

Well he got Leeds motivated and into the Champions League, and by all accounts had good starts both there and at Villa, and he's got the best out of quite a few youngsters. We will have to keep most the squad, but I think we proved yesterday that we have the most individual quality in this division, we just need a few tweaks to the team and the right mentality, and we'll walk this division purely because the players from last season who were slow and with shit technique suddenly have good technique and a burst of speed, and West Brom away was one of the most difficult games.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

I'm now more convinced than ever that Ashley's 'people' are putting stories out with the sole intention of winding Newcastle fans up. There'll be no substance to this story, just like the Kinnear story last week. Expect a Peter Reid story next week.

Guest The Libertine

I'm now more convinced than ever that Ashley's 'people' are putting stories out with the sole intention of winding Newcastle fans up. There'll be no substance to this story, just like the Kinnear story last week. Expect a Peter Reid story next week.

OR the newspapers are making it up because they know nothing? not everything is a conspiracy.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

OR the newspapers are making it up because they know nothing? not everything is a conspiracy.

This is the BBC, not the papers.

Guest The Libertine

This is the BBC, not the papers.

same thing essentially. a news source making up a story to create interest isnt a new thing.

Guest Stephen927

Straight choice between him and Kinnear, I would pick O'Leary every time.

Straight choice between him and Shearer, well we won't have the choice with Ashley in charge so he won't be a bad appointment at all. He's unattached, has decent experience...