Chris Hughton

Keefaz

Guest Geordiekev

Ch-ampionship manager.... Chris will again lead the magpies into battle .... As quoted on the official site lol read into it what you will..

no, he's s***

yes 7 points from 9 is s*** alright :facepalm:

he's s***

He's better than the last clown we had as manager

Didn't think Shearer was that bad tbf.

If he'd gotten us 7 points from the 8 games he was in charge we would still be in the premiership.

I can't bleieve people are already starting to warm to the idea of the man taking on the job on a permenant basis, exactly as they did with Roeder. Haven't you people learned anything ? Hughton is a good coach but a shit manager. The results this season are not remarkable, they should have been expected. The team has clearly bonded due to the adversity and that's helping us, as are the un newcastle like lack of injuries.

We should win promotion with the squad of players we have, even with the sales, most if not all the championship teams would happily swap squads with us given the chance. If Hughton was to get the gig full time and simply do a competent job, which is all that it will take to get us promoted back, then  he'll go into the new PL season and most probably fall flat on his face, because he simply doesn't have the managerial skill to keep us up. We would confirmed as a yo-yo club, something we desperately need to avoid by going straight back up and pushing on.

Don't be fooled by a few good results, this man is not a manager.

no, he's s***

yes 7 points from 9 is s*** alright :facepalm:

he's s***

He's better than the last clown we had as manager

Didn't think Shearer was that bad tbf.

If he'd gotten us 7 points from the 8 games he was in charge we would still be in the premiership.

Can't blame him for that, completely unmotivated overpaid cunts is pretty much all he had at his disposal. If you really think Hughton is better than Shearer (pretty much guarantee we'd be winning games down here with Shearer too) then you need to book yourself a place in a loony bin.

Guest Geordiekev

I can't bleieve people are already starting to warm to the idea of the man taking on the job on a permenant basis, exactly as they did with Roeder. Haven't you people learned anything ? Hughton is a good coach but a s*** manager. The results this season are not remarkable, they should have been expected. The team has clearly bonded due to the adversity and that's helping us, as are the un newcastle like lack of injuries.

We should win promotion with the squad of players we have, even with the sales, most if not all the championship teams would happily swap squads with us given the chance. If Hughton was to get the gig full time and simply do a competent job, which is all that it will take to get us promoted back, then  he'll go into the new PL season and most probably fall flat on his face, because he simply doesn't have the managerial skill to keep us up. We would confirmed as a yo-yo club, something we desperately need to avoid by going straight back up and pushing on.

Don't be fooled by a few good results, this man is not a manager.

I agree, stand up bloke for just getting on with the job on a day to day basis but he is paid to do exactly that.. Good on the man but certainly not the answer..

A few more acceptable alternatives?

1. "This job is OK, a bit overrated if I'm honest, and I'm a little out of my depth," said Hughton.  "I personally can't wait until someone more qualified takes over."

2. "What am I doing here," laughed Hughton. "I mean seriously, thank god for Shola sparing my blushes, because nine times out of ten I don't have the slightest idea what is going on.  Who are you?"

3. "I'm enjoying the challenge and happy to continue in an interim capacity," said Hughton.  "But long term? Fuuuuuuuck off.  I'd rather put my cock in a wood-chipper.  Only a total lunatic would want to manage this club full time and I'm clearly not your man."

This post wins the thread, IMO.

modz plz close now kthxbye

what the f***s the difference between a coach and a manager??????

If you really need someone to answer that, then to be frank you're a little slow. I will indulge you anyways.

A coach, well coaches the players, he'll run the training session, help the manager picks the tactics, work on getting the players fit.

A manager, well he manages the players, he'll motivate them, bollock them when they screw up, pick the team, buy players and dictate how his coaches coach.

I'm sure you really didn't need the obvious stated but I did anyway.

delusional bunch of twats, how did the special one get into management, give the lad a chance.  :angry:

You are either a really shitty wind up merchant or completely off your tits. There's a world of difference between Jose and Hughton. The guy makes Roeder look like he's full of backbone. Hughton simply does not have the relevant attributes to ever make it as a manager of people.

Even Hughton himself has acknowledged (on many occasions) that he's not a manager. A couple of wins against shite opposition might see him getting a little carried away but I'm sure he still knows he's a coach.

delusional bunch of twats, how did the special one get into management, give the lad a chance.  :angry:

the special one was described from his late twenties as being 'strong and charismatic' and very much capable of 'commanding the respect of the players'

Does that sound like Hughton to you?

Guest Chris P

You are either a really shitty wind up merchant or completely off your tits. There's a world of difference between Jose and Hughton. The guy makes Roeder look like he's full of backbone. Hughton simply does not have the relevant attributes to ever make it as a manager of people.

How the fuck do you know that. If Sir Bobby's translator can go from being just that, to being one of the best managers in the world, why can't Chris Hughton.  I'm not saying that he will but ffs , the lads got masses of experience and we now look like were playing with a bit of team spirit again.

don't you think the players at the club know who this guy is. Are they not professional

Guest Stephen927

I would worry about how Hughton will cope in the transfer market, whether or not he could persuade a player to sign for him and not another more proven respected manager in the game.

He's had a good run, but I think that is just it, a good run. He isn't the answer long term, just like Glenn Roeder wasn't.

I would worry about how Hughton will cope in the transfer market, whether or not he could persuade a player to sign for him and not another more proven respected manager in the game.

Good old Mike is getting around that by not getting any players in on a permanent basis

Guest Phil K

Let me get this straight - are you SERIOUSLY matching Hughton with Mourinho ?

SERIOUSLY ? :idiot2: This is the mentality that caused us to end up with Roeder - and hasn't HE done well since ?

what the f***s the difference between a coach and a manager??????

I'd say a coach takes the players training to HIS plan.

A manager has coaches to do it for him. From the latin Manus - to handle. (Not "man" as feminists rant)

To be honest if the club gets taken off the market for a temporary time, I'd prefer to just leave everything manager wise as it is, least the players then know whats happening and we have a little bit of stability.

I agree with this. Good sense.