Chris Hughton

Keefaz

You cannot really compare Mourinho and Hughton as they are completely different characters, having had completely different careers and coaching/managing clubs in completely different circumstances.

IMO, Hughton deserved a great deal of praise in what he has achieved over the past three months. I would wonder how Mourinho would operate under similar circumstances. I certainly know how everyones local hero (and I discount myself as one of those), Keegan would operate under simlar circumstances. I would think Mourinho would do the same. Take a run and jump away from the club.

Whilst Mourinho may be confident, he has never lacked the backing of funds and has mostly managed to get whoever he wants. He nhas never had to deal with players being sold on him or having to coach/manage his team with the limited resources available, no new players coming in etc etc etc. I would love to see how he would operate under similar circumstances to Hughton.

You cannot really compare Mourinho and Hughton as they are completely different characters, having had completely different careers and coaching/managing clubs in completely different circumstances.

IMO, Hughton deserved a great deal of praise in what he has achieved over the past three months. I would wonder how Mourinho would operate under similar circumstances. I certainly know how everyones local hero (and I discount myself as one of those), Keegan would operate under simlar circumstances. I would think Mourinho would do the same. Take a run and jump away from the club.

Whilst Mourinho may be confident, he has never lacked the backing of funds and has mostly managed to get whoever he wants. He nhas never had to deal with players being sold on him or having to coach/manage his team with the limited resources available, no new players coming in etc etc etc. I would love to see how he would operate under similar circumstances to Hughton.

:lol: :lol:

Guest elbee909

Mourinho's managing career didn't start at Chelsea, or even Porto.  He  started management proper as assistant manager in the Portuguese second division, youth team coach before that and worked his way up.  So not massively different, just successful.

Guest Stephen927

Stability is all well and good if we have the right man in charge. Hughton is not the right man to back, we've been here before.

Get Shearer in, give him time, and back him. That is stability, not keeping with a caretaker manager simply cos he's had a good run.

It's like saying stick with Souness for the sake of stability, or Allardyce.

Stability is all well and good if we have the right man in charge. Hughton is not the right man to back, we've been here before.

Get Shearer in, give him time, and back him. That is stability, not keeping with a caretaker manager simply cos he's had a good run.

which to be fair, we clearly should have done

I am not saying we should appoint Hughton ahead of others. What I am saying is that if the optiions were limited and it was a choice between JK, Hughton or some other lower level unproven manager, I would give Hughton a 12 month rolling contract. I think it is clear now that Shearer isnt going to be appointed as it looks like Ashley is staying.

As for Allardyce, dont get me started on him.

Guest Stephen927

What do we do with Hughton if we were ever promoted, would you like to see this team led by him in the Premiership?

Stephen

If he got us promoted under the current circumstances, I would be absolutely amazed and would think he deserved a chance to improve matters further.

Chris Hughton has an extensive knowledge of the game and a career at the highest level. He has spent significantly more time in a coaching position than a certain Alan Shearer. I am not convinced Shearer has the qualities to succeed with NUFC.

Guest ItalianMagpie

f*** off Hughton. His shitness is only acceptable because he's not a manager, not close to one. Now that he thinks he is one, he needs to be told sooner rather than later to f*** off. We can't afford to waste time with yet more s***, bottling cowards in charge of the first team.

Is Shearer a manager then? I never saw him in a dugout except for 8 games last season, but it seems that everyone consider him a saviour...

Guest The Libertine

i'd lose quite a bit of respect for hughton if he took the job after the things he has said.

still better than kinnear though. at least the players seem to like hughton.

Chris Hughton is our unsung hero in all of this. He's been the one left to deal with all of the shit, but he has got on with it and got people organised - fighting for the same cause and leading us to an unbeaten start of the season. I've got plenty of respect for the fella, especially the way he has kept saying he is just there to do a temporary job. If he has changed his tune now then fair enough, good luck to the bloke.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5510668,00.html

Hughton would take Toon job

Caretaker eyes permanent role

Newcastle caretaker boss Chris Hughton has admitted he would take the job on a permanent basis.

The former Republic of Ireland international has been at St James' Park for just over 18 months, but already he is in his third stint as caretaker.

He is currently in limbo as the club's future is yet to be resolved, but whilst much of the attention on Tyneside has been focused on their off-the-field issues - Hughton has guided Newcastle to an unbeaten start to the Championship season.

Now, following their impressive weekend win at Crystal Palace, Hughton has acknowledged that he would accept the manager's job on a full-time basis if it was offered to him.

"If they offered me the job, would I take it? Yes, I would," he explained.

"I'm very focused. I have a responsibility with this team to prepare, with my staff, this side for football matches.

"Management is something that has always interested me. My situation with the times I've managed, it's been for a reason.

"When I was at Tottenham, there had been a change of manager and I held the fort.

"If the club is not sold, they will of course make a decision on who they want as manager.

"I'm happy to do that job for as long as they want."

Hughton's cause was also championed by midfielder Ryan Taylor.

"He's done a fantastic job since he came in," said Taylor.

"The lads have all got behind him and we would love to see him stay for a long time.

"If a new owner wants to keep him here, then we would be happy."

which to be fair, we clearly should have done

Well we'd be more used to the Championship under him, that's for sure.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5510668,00.html

Hughton would take Toon job

Caretaker eyes permanent role

Newcastle caretaker boss Chris Hughton has admitted he would take the job on a permanent basis.

The former Republic of Ireland international has been at St James' Park for just over 18 months, but already he is in his third stint as caretaker.

He is currently in limbo as the club's future is yet to be resolved, but whilst much of the attention on Tyneside has been focused on their off-the-field issues - Hughton has guided Newcastle to an unbeaten start to the Championship season.

Now, following their impressive weekend win at Crystal Palace, Hughton has acknowledged that he would accept the manager's job on a full-time basis if it was offered to him.

"If they offered me the job, would I take it? Yes, I would," he explained.

"I'm very focused. I have a responsibility with this team to prepare, with my staff, this side for football matches.

"Management is something that has always interested me. My situation with the times I've managed, it's been for a reason.

"When I was at Tottenham, there had been a change of manager and I held the fort.

"If the club is not sold, they will of course make a decision on who they want as manager.

"I'm happy to do that job for as long as they want."

Hughton's cause was also championed by midfielder Ryan Taylor.

"He's done a fantastic job since he came in," said Taylor.

"The lads have all got behind him and we would love to see him stay for a long time.

"If a new owner wants to keep him here, then we would be happy."

Fuck it, I'm changing the thread title back to the original one.

I'd be happy enough for him to do something similar to Sbragia at Sunderland.

Ashley should tell Hughton where he (Ashley himself) stands.  If he's trying to sell the club, he will appoint him as manager on a month-to-month contract, but that ultimately, he is going to continue trying to sell the club, therefore theres no long term job security.

If he takes us off the market, then appoint him until the end of the season, if he intends to try and sell us next summer.

As I said, at the minute, he's doing a decent enough job, the only thing we (I guess I might speak for the majority) is that Ashley does something similar that Shepherd did to Roeder and give him a 2 year contract based on short-term success.

Fucks sake, when were losing he says hes not a manager and when were winning he says hes always been interested in management. Lets see how he reacts to a couple of defeats in this league before we Roeder him.  :facepalm:

Guest geordienorway

Hughton deserves a lot of praise for what he has done, but I don't want him as a permanent manager. I don't think he has the authority among the players to turn things around if we're starting to loose.

Guest Phil K

RIGHT if Ashley keeps us and the only other option is JK, I say let Hughton have a crack at it.

Agreed. Want a better manager, but Hughton is better than Kinnear.

I'm just happy with how well Hughton has started because if the worse case scenario occurs and Ashley decides to keep the club then I think he would keep Hughton in charge if only because it would be so cheap to do so. Although this probably isn't ideal, I would much rather have him over the likes of Kinnear, O'Leary et al. Lets see what happens.

delusional bunch of twats, how did the special one get into management, give the lad a chance.  :angry:

You are either a really shitty wind up merchant or completely off your tits. There's a world of difference between Jose and Hughton. The guy makes Roeder look like he's full of backbone. Hughton simply does not have the relevant attributes to ever make it as a manager of people.

How the f*** do you know that. If Sir Bobby's translator can go from being just that, to being one of the best managers in the world, why can't Chris Hughton.  I'm not saying that he will but ffs , the lads got masses of experience and we now look like were playing with a bit of team spirit again.

don't you think the players at the club know who this guy is. Are they not professional

Jesus christ. Have you not learned from his abject performance last season when he took on the job, or the recent memories of a stronger jellyfish in Roeder being given the job. He is not a bloody manager, end of story.