Chris Hughton

Keefaz

A few more acceptable alternatives?

1. "This job is OK, a bit overrated if I'm honest, and I'm a little out of my depth," said Hughton.  "I personally can't wait until someone more qualified takes over."

2. "What am I doing here," laughed Hughton. "I mean seriously, thank god for Shola sparing my blushes, because nine times out of ten I don't have the slightest idea what is going on.  Who are you?"

3. "I'm enjoying the challenge and happy to continue in an interim capacity," said Hughton.  "But long term? Fuuuuuuuck off.  I'd rather put my cock in a wood-chipper.  Only a total lunatic would want to manage this club full time and I'm clearly not your man."

A few more acceptable alternatives?

1. "This job is OK, a bit overrated if I'm honest, and I'm a little out of my depth," said Hughton.  "I personally can't wait until someone more qualified takes over."

2. "What am I doing here," laughed Hughton. "I mean seriously, thank god for Shola sparing my blushes, because nine times out of ten I don't have the slightest idea what is going on.  Who are you?"

3. "I'm enjoying the challenge and happy to continue in an interim capacity," said Hughton.  "But long term? Fuuuuuuuck off.  I'd rather put my cock in a wood-chipper.  Only a total lunatic would want to manage this club full time and I'm clearly not your man."

I like #3.

If we get no manager in and Hughton wins us promotion and hands over to a more experienced guy at the end of the season then I'm sure he'd earn all our respect. (most likely he's want a crack at the Prem then mind)

Would be a bit like Sbragia's objective at Sunderland except ( hypothetically hopefully) a lot less stressful.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Say hello to our new manager.

Thought it was very telling that DL said that the training ground was a happy place!

Who else is responsible for our remarkable start to the season?

Hear Hear,if he's shit, why are we third

Because we've only played 3 games against pretty average opposition and have managed somehow to stay injury free, something which is unlikely to be sustained with the present small squad. The squad is up for it against adversity and some are playing well to engineer moves away. Let's see where we are come September 1st

The longer we remain without a manager, the more likely Hughton will push for the job. This is obvious, imo. The more time he spends with the players, the more he puts forth his own ideas in regards to tactics etc.: the more it becomes 'his team'.

Hughtons tactics are basically Kinnears from what ive seen.

Wasting substitutions by using them purely as forms of wasting time in the last mins when our sides looks crippled for the last half hour or so.

Then long ball to the front men, except now its working half decently because of worse opposition.

Thats about it. The players are getting these wins on their own.

He's done an excellent job and deserves to be kept on at the club when someone is appointed, but I don't think he'd get us promoted. If he was given the job, we'd probably be midtable around christmas and he'd be sacked and another season full of management changes is exactly what we dont need. Not that theres much substance in the quote

A non-story really.  Of course he'll want the job if it comes mid-sept and we're top of the table playing his kind of football.  I don't think he generally fancies having the job full-time but would take it if offered and we were in a reasonable position playing reasonably good football.  I applaud him for staying around this long - he gets a lot of unnecessary schtick for just doing a job he's not even asked to be doing.  They could've easily brought in Calderwood instead of Hughton.