Chris Hughton

Keefaz

I think Hughton is an extremely good coach, and he looks like is able to motivate players in the most difficult of circumstances off the pitch.  But a big part of the job is going to be building a team that is capable of succeeding in the Premiership.  We have no idea how he would be in the transfer market, or if he is tactically astute enough to make big changes against the better teams in this league.

Having said that, we don't know those things about Shearer either.  Shearer's main advantage is that he is practically unsackable, and will command the respect and support of the fans.  We don't know if he is a manager either.

Guest The Libertine

hughton appears to be the ameobi of managers. completely shit until we drop down a division and he's unstoppable.

One thing, when(if) Shearer takes over i think Hughton deserves one massive round of applause!

Yeah, I said a while ago that when the club is sorted (whichever way that may be) Hughton should walk into the centre circle and the whole of St James should give him a round of applause.

One thing, when(if) Shearer takes over i think Hughton deserves one massive round of applause!

Yeah, I said a while ago that when the club is sorted (whichever way that may be) Hughton should walk into the centre circle and the whole of St James should give him a round of applause.

fuck that. He should dive into the Gallowgate end and crowd-surf around the stadium.

fuck that. He should dive into the Gallowgate end and crowd-surf around the stadium.

Hmm, I agree. He's always seemed like an larger than life rock star Johnny Depp crowd surfing type, has Chris Hughton.

delusional bunch of twats, how did the special one get into management, give the lad a chance.  :angry:

You are either a really shitty wind up merchant or completely off your tits. There's a world of difference between Jose and Hughton. The guy makes Roeder look like he's full of backbone. Hughton simply does not have the relevant attributes to ever make it as a manager of people.

How the f*** do you know that. If Sir Bobby's translator can go from being just that, to being one of the best managers in the world, why can't Chris Hughton.  I'm not saying that he will but ffs , the lads got masses of experience and we now look like were playing with a bit of team spirit again.

don't you think the players at the club know who this guy is. Are they not professional

Jesus christ. Have you not learned from his abject performance last season when he took on the job, or the recent memories of a stronger jellyfish in Roeder being given the job. He is not a bloody manager, end of story.

You could say the same about Shearer.

I would prefer a proper manager to Hughton (and Shearer, tbh) but he deserves massive plaudits for what he's managed to do since last season. He seems to have instilled a sense of belief amongst the players that has been missing for a very long time. I realize it's against so-called "lesser" opposition, but give the lads these last four games at the end of last year and I don't know that we would have anywhere near 10 points.

Hes gonna be made manager isnt he? It is so obvious. Not a bad thing right now either, he seems like a top bloke and the results are good. My only fear is, if we lose ONE game, he will be under huge pressure from some fans.

We are bound to lose games and it is no sufficient reason to get on the bloke's back. Anyone who has an ounce of common sense will see that under the current circumstances with the probability of the squad quality being further reduced, those people on here spouting promotion could be way off the mark. This is a difficult division to get out of at the best of times. To be able to do it under the above conditions would be practically impossible.

What Hughton has achieved so far is admirable and if anyone deserves a chance, he does. Remember that the previous times he was called upon to manage the club, the team was probably at the lowest ebb. This time, he has been given infinitely more time to work with the players under less stressful circumstances, to a large degree. The less stressful circumstances relate to the fact that we were already relegated this time around and noone expected the club to have such a good start to the season.

We are bound to lose games and it is no sufficient reason to get on the bloke's back. Anyone who has an ounce of common sense will see that under the current circumstances with the probability of the squad quality being further reduced, those people on here spouting promotion could be way off the mark. This is a difficult division to get out of at the best of times. To be able to do it under the above conditions would be practically impossible.

What Hughton has achieved so far is admirable and if anyone deserves a chance, he does. Remember that the previous times he was called upon to manage the club, the team was probably at the lowest ebb. This time, he has been given infinitely more time to work with the players under less stressful circumstances, to a large degree. The less stressful circumstances relate to the fact that we were already relegated this time around and noone expected the club to have such a good start to the season.

That there is the problem, there are a lot of people who really don't have any common sense.