Chris Hughton

Keefaz

Made some good choices for me tonight. Played the right lads, brought on the right lads. Welldone tbf.

I said at the weekend that we should start the first team back four. I feel vindicated tbh, we sounded like an absolute shambles at the back

Made some good choices for me tonight. Played the right lads, brought on the right lads. Welldone tbf.

I said at the weekend that we should start the first team back four. I feel vindicated tbh, we sounded like an absolute shambles at the back

What if they got injured?

Yep risked less players to injury & learnt more about the realistic ability of others. Dont think it could have gone much better really, ofcourse it would probably have been much easier with more first team players playing. We've gotten more out of it doing it this way.

it's a risk but i'd happily have taken, they're a pretty robust lot, especially Taylor and Coloccini.

For a variety of fairly superficial reasons I have no confidence in the reserves

Fair play and total respect to Hughton, he's just got on with the job in hand regardless of what's going on around him.

Still shouldn't get it full time, though.

:nods:

aye, got to learn the roeder lesson.

it's a risk but i'd happily have taken, they're a pretty robust lot, especially Taylor and Coloccini.

For a variety of fairly superficial reasons I have no confidence in the reserves

We were woeful at the back mate. Kadar and Simpson were lost at centre half and Krul looked massively less confident because of it.

Kadar certainly could have done without his first team debut being made next to an out of position right back. They weren't helped by Nicky Butts horribly inept performance first half and did look a bit more solid when we went to 4-4-2.

Fair play and total respect to Hughton, he's just got on with the job in hand regardless of what's going on around him.

With regards to this, Hughton is our best manager in years solely for realising that Nicky Butt is a pile of shit and hauling him off.

With regards to this, Hughton is our best manager in years solely for realising that Nicky Butt is a pile of shit and hauling him off.

I highly doubt that. It'll have been because this was his first game back since Darlo.

I highly doubt that. It'll have been because this was his first game back since Darlo.

Was probably a bit of both. If he was playing well (yeah right!) he'd have probably given him till around the hour mark.

Guest Stephen927

Simpson simply isn't a centre half. Was very poor in the air, seemed rushed in possession. Kadar wasn't too much better but he had a bit of clever play with Enrique and looked to carry it forward a few times but seemed to lack the confidence, like Ranger and Lua Lua.

Hughton deserves praise for the way he's deployed Nolan this season, pushing him forward to support the strikers.

What about the times when all of the strikers have been fit and he has played him central midfield?

Guest Roger Kint

Yep risked less players to injury & learnt more about the realistic ability of others. Dont think it could have gone much better really, ofcourse it would probably have been much easier with more first team players playing. We've gotten more out of it doing it this way.

This although the possible injuries to Shola and Jonas arent good. Hopefully will be ok for Monday.