La Liga 09/10

Mr. Snrub

Guest neesy111

As I feared (and to be honest, expected) new president Sandro Rosell has revealed that Barça's economy isn't in good shape and we have cash-flow problems made worse by our TV rights holder filing up for administration. We are negotiating a €150m loan.

Was obvious paying those wages and spunking tens of millions in crap like Hleb, Cáceres, Chygrynsky, etc... and crazy deals like Ibra just wasn't in good sense.

Oh well, it's been fun.

Chygrynskiy has been sold to help short term liability's for 15million euros

Guest neesy111

Rosell has denied that, saying that the long term scenario looks fine provided spending is reigned in. But I guess he's bound to say that.

seems to be laporta has fucked the club up?

your signing of ibrahimovich was a dreadful decision imo

Laporta had a great financial policy during the first part of his tenure. Astute signings and kept wages under control, the club was in very bad shape at the time and he was force to it. But during the latter part he's spunked money like no tomorrow and for that I'm happy he's not at the helm anymore.

He also lost a bunch of his board due to internal strife in the latter years, which included the best administrators.

I still like Zlatan the player. The money we paid was idiotic, however.

Guest neesy111

At least we signed Villa early. Bargain given the tournament he's having. Guess it means no Cesc however but we should remain competitive while we recover.

well you have 50M euros coming from the last 2 players you've sold

Guest neesy111

Quite surprised to see the Madrid press pretty much sidestepping these news, thought they would prey on it like vultures. Like we say in Spain "When you see your neighbour shaving his beard, it's time to start cutting yours".

real have been very quiet so far this summer, I've been told that they have to start paying back their debt this season

Ruíz de Lopera has sold Betis for €18m to Bitton Sport (which I have never heard about before). He will be missed as he was the most entertaining owner since Jesús Gil, although Betis fans will probably sigh in relief.

Get that stadium name changed for a couple of m

Ruíz de Lopera has sold Betis for €18m to Bitton Sport (which I have never heard about before). He will be missed as he was the most entertaining owner since Jesús Gil, although Betis fans will probably sigh in relief.

Get that stadium name changed for a couple of m

Actually it was chosen in a popular vote by club members, Betis fans are just mental :lol: Although Betis were on a high at the time so I can understand they got a bit carried away.

I just read that Lopera has included a clause where the name will remain unchanged unless they pay *him* €5m.

Get that stadium name changed for a couple of €m

Actually it was chosen in a popular vote by club members, Betis fans are just mental :lol: Although Betis were on a high at the time so I can understand they got a bit carried away.

I just read that Lopera has included a clause where the name will remain unchanged unless they pay *him* €5m.

:lol: I hope Mike Ashley never meets this guy.

What has he done bar from changing the stadium name?

Guest neesy111

When are the La Liga fixtures drawn for 2010/11?

Mid July, they never have a date on them!  i need them ASAP so I can get a lads break to barcelona sorted

Guest neesy111

This has been expected for almost a year now:

Thierry Henry leaves Barcelona for New York Red Bulls

France striker Thierry Henry has signed for Major League Soccer side New York Red Bulls from Barcelona on a "multi-year contract".

The former Arsenal captain, 32, is expected to make his debut for Red Bulls in a friendly against Tottenham in the United States on 22 July.

Henry signed for Barcelona in 2007 and had one year remaining on his contract but the club agreed to let him leave.

Henry said: "This marks an exciting new chapter in my career and life."

More to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8820649.stm

Guest neesy111

Guardiola Signs One Year Extension to Contract.

I think this will be his last at barcelona, he looks like a man that needs a rest.

This has been expected for almost a year now:

Thierry Henry leaves Barcelona for New York Red Bulls

France striker Thierry Henry has signed for Major League Soccer side New York Red Bulls from Barcelona on a "multi-year contract".

The former Arsenal captain, 32, is expected to make his debut for Red Bulls in a friendly against Tottenham in the United States on 22 July.

Henry signed for Barcelona in 2007 and had one year remaining on his contract but the club agreed to let him leave.

Henry said: "This marks an exciting new chapter in my career and life."

More to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8820649.stm

sad

just give it up terry - if you love football that much drop your wages and go and play for a hometown or favourite team in France