Newcastle United 1 - 0 Leicester City - 31/08/09 - post match reaction from p22

JH

Good win, Ranger did really well second half. Him and Shola up front would be pretty sweet. Other youngsters didn't really see much of it, but good to see Vuckic come on, his boots looked class.

Good win, Ranger did really well second half. Him and Shola up front would be pretty sweet. Other youngsters didn't really see much of it, but good to see Vuckic come on, his boots looked class.

That's your review of Vuckic?... You liked his boots   :facepalm:

Pleasing to see the young lads responding so well to the challenge of taking on first team responsibilities, and Smith also looks to have played well this evening too from what little I've managed to see on the box. Encouraging stuff. Only downside is that Ashley may still get rid of some of these stars tomorrow in the last minute fire sale...

:undecided:

Ranger looked fairly promising. He seemed a little bit shy infront of goal though which i find pretty bizarre given his record in the youth leagues; but i think we can put that down the fact he was clearly told to simply hold the ball up all game. He was a bit clumsy with it at times, and a bit fortuitous (see hopeless Leicester defenders) - but he did his job well. Be nice to see him with someone like Lovenkrands, for instance.

Happy with the win like; i didn't see the first half but from what i can gather from the second, we were never in doubt. Cracking strike from Guthrie.

Kudos to Leicester, I thought they were the best team we've played this season.

They worked hard and created a few decent chances first half, but we still should have made this match more comfortable than the scoreline suggests.