Cardiff City vs Newcastle United 13/9/09 Pre Match Thread - 2:05 KO, live on Sky

LiquidAK

Best team in the Championship is still the equivalent of playing Hull or someone like that.

We are the best team ;) These guys will be the hardest team we should play this season, but I wouldn't be surprised if we win again. I think we really need to believe we are better than every other team in this league, and wins against clubs like Cardiff will sure as hell do that.

Guest Heneage

We seem to have got a mixed response from away fans. Some seem to see us as the delusional rent a mob crew, others are chuffed to have us visiting or the chance to visit SJP.

We seem to have got a mixed response from away fans. Some seem to see us as the delusional rent a mob crew

They are just jealous as we are only stopping by their league for one season, where as they will be stuck here :smug:

I'm sick of hearing "tough game this one, hardest test yet blah blah f***ing blah..." this league is full of peasants and we are f***ing royalty. We'll rape them to s***.

Every team in this league, with the exception of WBA and Boro, is essentially nine cloggers and two flair players. And the flair players are often fairly s***.

You've not heard of Swansea City then.... good..

I'm sick of hearing "tough game this one, hardest test yet blah blah f***ing blah..." this league is full of peasants and we are f***ing royalty. We'll rape them to s***.

Every team in this league, with the exception of WBA and Boro, is essentially nine cloggers and two flair players. And the flair players are often fairly s***.

19th placed Swansea?  You might have loads of flair players but it clearly isn't working out, not yet at least.

Cardiff get a lot of penalties, not sure if they drop like flies in the box or good at conning the ref.

Against us last season they had one of the softest penalties given I've seen for awhile, in the closing stages when we were winning 2-1, felt robbed.

I quite often see people saying how Scotland scored mainly penalties for Swansea, when in fact out of the 27/28 or so goals last season he scored 6 penalties. MaCormack (sp) on the other hand is closer to 50%, due to the above.

They don't have a 'first scorer' or 'time of first goal' contest there, its 'time of 1st penalty'

19th placed Swansea?  You might have loads of flair players but it clearly isn't working out, not yet at least.

We've had a lot of disruptions with the manager up and leaving and taking the entire backroom staff (down to the physio, scout and tea lady).

We have an unprecedented injury list and the sending's off didn't help (3 against Scunny).

We managed to sign a couple of players recently and with a few of the walking wounded staring to train, hopefully we will settle soon and rise up the table.

Back to Cardiff ...  Stuff them  :pow:

With Shola out, None of a strikers bar Lovekrands are capable of 1 in 3 imo. Ranger is still an unknown quantity obviously

Carroll is capable of 1 in 3.

This is fun. :aww:

you actually believe that?

I don't really know tbh mate. My comment was just as unsubstantiated as yours though, which was my point. In all honesty, i think if he played week-in week-out, he'd score a respectable amount of goals in this division. I wouldn't say he's good enough to be our 'number 9' this season, but i'm very happy to have him as either second or third choice. To me, he's probably a confidence player. He's got a lot of raw talent - i like his strength, his first touch and he's got a good amount of determination (not ridiculously slow, either)... but he just needs a goal. Thing is, he's got a fair strike on him aswell - it's not all about his heading ability. As soon as he gets one on the ground i think he'll jump on that and have a good season.

Carroll's got a lot of raw attributes that would work in this league. Had we not brought Lovenkrands in, i'd have little issue about having him and Shola as the main partnership. Not the most mobile but could be used effectively in this God-awful league.

Carroll's got no pace at all man. Agree with the rest though.

I think it will certainly be our biggest test so far... only because we are playing away from home! I agree that if we win this game it will certainly help us gain even more confidence and continue to get a good lead on the other teams behind us.

I would hope Hughton goes for something like this:

--------------------------Harper---------------------------

Simo----------Taylor--------------Colo--------------Jose

--------------------------Smith----------------------------

------------Barton-------------------Guthrie--------------

--------------------------Nolan----------------------------

-----------------------------------McLoven----------------

------------------------Ranger-----------------------------

It has been mentioned before that we have no natural width with Jonas out and no real RW (apart from Raylor) - and he is too inconsistent. We need the experience of Smith and Nolan and creativity of Guthrie and Barton in midfield to create something for McLoven and Ranger to work with. I know that Carroll is back and will likely get the nod ahead of Ranger but I think the lad deserves his chance in the team, maybe bring Carroll on as an impact sub with 20 minutes to go. Playing McLoven behind Ranger (Target man) would be ideal as he can use his pace and experience to get on the end of some good balls either from Ranger or creative midfielders.

We are playing away, so there is a chance Hughton will be more conservative in his selection, but this imo is our most attacking team available. With the experienced back four (no doubt in that selection) hopefully dealing with the Cardiff attack.

orderd my tickets today carnt wait

O0

Simo----------S Taylor--------------Colo--------------Jose

---------------------------Smith-----------------------------

--Guthrie--------------------------------------------Mcloven

-------------------------------Nolan-------------------------

---------------Harewood---------------Carrol--------------

subs: Timmy, Kadar,Cathcart,R Taylor,Geremi,Barton,Ranger

Lovenkrands ahead of Barton and out of position?

If Barton is fit he MUST play! Had a hit and miss game against Leicester, but that was his first game back after injury. McLoven mentioned that it will take a few games for him to get up to match fitness, so perhaps he will be on the bench and one of the loan signings will move into the starting 11.

I won't name possible loan signings in my possible 11 because there's never a sure thing when it comes to Newcastle, so why bother. When or IF they sign, then I may amend by team!

Harper

Simpson  S.Taylor Coloccinni  Enrique

Barton    Guthrie    Nolan    Jonas

Ameobi    Lovenkrands

Bench:Krul, Kadar, Carroll, Lua-Lua,

2-1 us. Ameobi,Nolan    Chopra

Harper

Barton    Guthrie    Nolan     Jonas

Ameobi     Lovenkrands

Have you just popped your head into the thread and replied with your ideal team, without knowing about injuries (Jonas and Ameobi)? I know we are short of numbers but I think we should try to fill that bench... don't you?

orderd my tickets today carnt wait

O0

--Guthrie--------------------------------------------Mcloven

-------------------------------Nolan-------------------------

---------------Harewood---------------Carrol--------------

subs: Timmy, Kadar,Cathcart,R Taylor,Geremi,Barton,Ranger

awful.

Harper

Barton    Guthrie    Nolan     Jonas

Ameobi     Lovenkrands

idiotic.

------------Guthrie----------------------Barton

----------------------------Nolan-------------------------

-------------Mcloven---------------Carrol--------------

bench: timmy,kadar,butt,r taylor,geremi,vuckic,ranger

i spose i shouldnt include harewood and cathcart what with dont count your chickens and all that, especially wherhas nufc is concerned