The NUFC transfer deadline day thread - Summer 2009

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd take Lovenkrands signed up and Cathcart on a season long loan right now if that's all we can muster (assuming nobody leaves).  End of the day, the club has to balance the books this year as close as they can and despite clearing some of the wage bill and receiving some transfer fees (Duff, Martins sales etc.), it still means we will make a loss even if we are promoted.  We have to accept that situation, I'm just glad that we still have Enrique, Barton, Taylor, Gutierrez and Nolan as it will be these faces that get us promoted.  I'm hoping that if we are topping the table in Jan and playing well that we can convince players to stay and ignore any bids at that time.

I was hoping the club would be sold last week so a new owner could pump a little cash in and perhaps make us a more solid promotion candidate, but it seems any sale will happen after the deadline so zero cash will be spent by Ashley.  I wouldn't be surprised if we bring in nobody, at least loan or free's can still happen during the season though.  The key thing is to not lose any more players, and it looks like we won't.

I just can't wait til 5pm when we open this mystery box. I hope it's a boat.

It'll be fat cunt Ash jumping out , with his five-year plan to take us even further backwards when we're taken off the market again tonight.

Are there any decent players out there on this forum cos you may be needed in a month or two.

Sky Sports are all detestable cunts but why have I just came home and put it straight on and my laptop. n why have I sat and read that fucked up chronicle blog all day on a training course with marley the dog giving fucking updates and rumours of us signing fuck all all day

In my opinion, keeping ahold of the majority of our Premiership standard first team meant alot more than selling them and replacing them with Championship standard (or less) replacements. Obviously the squad is looking a bit small but we can add loanees and fee agents after the deadline so how much does the 5pm cut off mean to us?

We've dropped 2 points this season despite being having no new owner, no manger or no major signings. Fair enough we haven't made some million pound signings but we easily have a strong enough squad (with the inclusion of a loanee or two) to compete at this level. If we had lost more of the first team it would have been a different story but I'm pretty happy with this window.

So what happened to this two loans from Spurs garbage?

Why do we have people who know fuck all about football in charge? Are we the only club?

what was the source of that? I don't think it was anything concrete, just Sunday rags gossip (please correct me with a link to a source if possible!).

End of the day loan's can still happen after the deadline, perhaps it's an option which Ashley wants to leave open for the new owner and manager if that happens sometime soon.

Ashley's been playing with us with the takeover talks just so we'd layoff him when he does fuck all as usual in the transfer market, then once that dies down he'll announce nobody's reached his asking price and take a gamble on us getting back up straight away.

Needs fucking booting in the face

So, reckon Ashley and Llambias are rushing around trying to make signings right now?  Or chasing each other around a watercooler giving each other Chinese burns?

:lol: They're reading this page and pissing themselves.

We've always announced deadline day signings after the deadline.

Can't remember that happening like...signed rossi on deadline day.