The NUFC transfer deadline day thread - Summer 2009

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marlinho will do fine in the Championship.

I remember you saying something similar but in a different context.

Which context?

He's a weird player. When he has to think about things, the result is usually poor. When he doesn't have time to think, he just has to react (goal away at Reading two years ago, beautifully taken, overhead kick at Anfield) he can be very impressive.

Guest johnson293

Harewood is a small pacy striker, just what we need

Is this the same Marlon Harewood who crocked Shay for West Ham?

Always thought he was a big striker, of a similar ilk to Heskey in build?

Which context?

:lol: it was probably something along the lines of, he's not good enough for the premiership or some other disparaging criticism.

From what i've seen and from what you've said about him, i think he would be able to do a good job in this league.

Which context?

:lol: it was probably something along the lines of, he's not good enough for the premiership or some other disparaging criticism.

From what i've seen and from what you've said about him, i think he would be able to do a good job in this league.

That's fair enough. I think he would do, too.

i think the last time i mentioned Harewood on here was when one of the Spurs lot (KD I think) was laughing at him, until I pointed out that he had the exact same league goalscoring record as Pavyluchenko, having featured in the exact same number of games, but having only ever started (I think) two, compared to a much higher figure for Pav, whilst costing a third of the price.

I'm not saying he's a better player - not at all - but I am saying that there's a player in there somewhere, and someone will get it out of him.

He'll do it in the CC, for sure.

Powerful striker would certainly throw his weight around in the Championship and do a job. My mates whom are mostly Villa supporters don't really rate him at all though!

"Feed the Hare and he will score" is the most notable chant, but that is closely followed by... "erm, actually he is shit!"

Nicknamed Homer by teammates isn't he?  As in Simpson, ie big and thick.

Nah as in he bears a weird resemblance to Homer Simpson. I think they actually called him black Homer Simpson.

http://img.skysports.com/08/10/218x298/HAREWOOD-Marlon-0809_1269756.jpg

:lol: there is a weird resemblance actually.

Harewood is a small pacy striker, just what we need

he's a huge fat f***er

He's built like a brick s*** house, and has a strange dinosaur / Homer Simpson hybrid head shape.

He actually  looks like a goomba from the super mario games.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5691/250pxgoombaaaahhh.png

marlon harewood

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9364/21955427.png

a goomba

The Football League have now confirmed the situation regarding loans as follows:

Standard loans can be for half a season or a full season.  These can only be done during the two transfer windows (i.e. by the end of today or in January 2010).

Emergency loans can be done outside of the transfer window, but not after the fourth Thursday in November or March. 

A club can have a maximum of four players under 23 and a further four over 23 on standard loan during the season. There is no limit on Emergency Loans. 

However, only four players maximum can join one club from another during the season.

A maximum of five loan players can be named on a team sheet.

I'd imagine none of our hopefuls will count as emergencies, so they'll have to happen today.

Guest antz1uk

As is always the case with our transfer deadline days under Ashley, we wont announce which deals have been completed until the window shuts.

totally 100% correct... always announced on the website after the official deadline time