The NUFC transfer deadline day thread - Summer 2009

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Emergency? Does Chris have to run to Manchester with a screeching red siren strapped to the top of his head or something?

Don't tell Llambias that, he'd probably believe you and do it.

Emergency? Does Chris have to run to Manchester with a screeching red siren strapped to the top of his head or something?

Don't tell Llambias that, he'd probably believe you and do it.

Naked?

Kevin Nolan far away from the team as possible?

Forgive possible ignorance but he's been one of your best players from what I've seen. Yes, some misplaced passes and poor decisions but contributed a fair bit overall.

I'd have thought:

Harper

Enrique

Colo

Taylor

Simpson

Jonas

Smith

Guthrie

Lovenkrands

Nolan (just behind)

Ameobi

Barton though will probably end up playing somewhere though because of rotation/injuries etc. Plus Lovenkrands could go up front alongisde Ameobi? Believe it or not, you have options.

Plus, Geremi, Butt, and Ranger and his young homies.

Lovenkrands is pretty shite in midfield. I'd rather have him upfront.

Shite in midfield in the premiership. So was Smith, bet he'd be fine there in this league as well. Saying that, I'd prefer to use him in his best position unless we've got no width at all.

Henri Camara is free agent now?

Is he?

Fucking hell get him in. PACE PACE PACE!

he would rape this division, get him signed up

Would he? he has hardley played over last two years and at 32, does he still have that pace? - Is he still fit enough for it? is he injury prone? - Just suggesting why some clubs may not be looking at him, not that I know he is either, because if he is as quick still and can play like he used to for Wigan in the early part of his career then he could be useful addition.

Guest neesy111

Think the main thing today was not letting anymore leave. Still think we'll get a centre-back in on loan, and I think that's us pretty much sorted.

but would be happy with that?

David Craig not even mentioning us now like. This really is it isn't it. Our transfers read

In

Lovenkrands

Simpson

Out

Owen

Viduka

Cacapa

Martins

Duff

Edgar

bassong

beye

Xisco

Zamblera

Anymore ???

Of those that have gone, the only ones that have left a real gap IMO are Bassong and to a lesser extent Beye. It would have been good to have kept Edgar as well, as cover for the back four, but barring bad luck with injuries, this squad looks well good enough to secure promotion.

Been available all summer, suprised no one has picked him up yet. 32 now though, not convinced he still has the legs he once had. Will probably end up in Hull.

He was training with Hull, but they never completed a deal!

you mean he turned them down? :smug:

Guest The Libertine

this squad will be fine till january. a few well placed loans in then and we'll be dandy for the long run.

can we win the league after selling our best players and not spending a penny? fuck yeah.

David Craig not even mentioning us now like. This really is it isn't it. Our transfers read

In

Lovenkrands

Simpson

Out

Owen

Viduka

Cacapa

Martins

Duff

Edgar

bassong

beye

Xisco

Zamblera

Anymore ???

Of those that have gone, the only ones that have left a real gap IMO are Bassong and to a lesser extent Beye. It would have been good to have kept Edgar as well, as cover for the back four, but barring bad luck with injuries, this squad looks well good enough to secure promotion.

Agreed. Of course we could always have been stronger, but I think a young centre-back to come in on loan as cover for Taylor & Coloccini and we're sorted for the title.

GKs - Harper, Krul

RBs - Simpson, R.Taylor, Geremi

LBs - Enrique, Kadar

CBs - Taylor, Coloccini, Simpson, Loan CB, Kadar

RMs - R.Taylor, Lua Lua, Geremi, Guthrie, Jonas

LMs - Jonas, Lovenkrands, Lua Lua

CMs - Barton, Butt, Geremi, Guthrie, Nolan, Smith

CFs - Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Carroll, Ranger, Smith, Nolan

I'd tip that for 90+ points in this division easily.

Guest sicko2ndbest

In

Lovenkrands

Simpson

Out

Owen

Viduka

Cacapa

Martins

Duff

Edgar

bassong

beye

Xisco

Zamblera

Anymore ???

Agreed. Of course we could always have been stronger, but I think a young centre-back to come in on loan as cover for Taylor & Coloccini and we're sorted for the title.

GKs - Harper, Krul

LBs - Enrique, Kadar

only 77 points to go :)

In

Lovenkrands

Simpson

Out

Owen

Viduka

Cacapa

Martins

Duff

Edgar

bassong

beye

Xisco

Zamblera

Anymore ???

GKs - Harper, Krul

LBs - Enrique, Kadar

only 77 points to go :)

I know fucking easy eh, at the moment we're on track for 120 points :yikes:  :lol:

From .com

Craig Cathcart is part of the Northern Ireland U21 squad who are currently preparing for European Championship fixtures away to the Czech Republic on Friday and at home to Iceland next Tuesday.

It seems logical to assume that completion of the loan deal and the associated medical/paperwork could be delayed until the player is back in England.

hmmm

So 24 wins and 1 draw, has anyone failed to be promoted on 90 points, and also has anyone failed to finish top on 90 points?

I only have access to the last five tables but out of those only twice would 90 points not have won the league (04-05 when Sunderland got 94 and 05-06 when Reading got 106 points), 90 points was good enough for automatic promotion on all five occasions (usually something in the low to mid 80's is good enough).

I wonder what bullshit they've fed Hughton.

He probably apologised to them tbh.

Why?

Because he's a yes man [/joke fails]

I got it and laughed. Dave's a ninny.

I wonder if Pilko will find that irritating...

Guest VegasToon

Think the main thing today was not letting anymore leave. Still think we'll get a centre-back in on loan, and I think that's us pretty much sorted.

Couldn't agree more.  I don't mind giving Ranger, Vuckic, Kadar and Donaldson a run of games to see how good they really are.