The NUFC transfer deadline day thread - Summer 2009

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Centre back is the area I'm most concerned about as I reckon Kadar is decent cover for Enrique at LB. At least Coloccini's still here, and we still have Jonas to provide a wing option.

There must be a CB kicking about across europe wh aint got a club.

Whats Diatta doing these days?

One in

So what do I win?

Nothing. If you count Xisco, then it's one out, one in which equals 0. That makes me the winner as it happens, 1st is 1st and 2nd is nowhere. :coolsmiley:

As said earlier Xisco was counted as gone already :razz:

Another area of concern is how long we have simpson for. It's not the full season, I know that for sure, but is it 6 months or less, when he goes back to Manure we are weaken further. The thought being perhaps that the window will be open again, but since there's little chance of Ashley not being in control then and we've seen how tight the bastard is, there's more chance of players going than coming in Jan.

So what we looking at as first XI then?

Harper

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

Guthrie  Barton  Smith  Gutierrez

Ameobi  Lovenkrands

But i suppose we might aswell stick Lovelyhands on the left wing whilst Jonas is on the injury table. The disappointing thing is that one of Guthrie/Barton/Smith has to hinder their ability by playing out on the wing. We really did need to get one winger. On the other hand, it means we get to have all three in the same team and whilst it might be a little bit unbalanced, it's still good to have all three of them in there in the mix. As far as i care, the team needs to have Ryan Taylor, Kevin Nolan and Nicky Butt as far away from it as possible.

That said, it'll probably be Ryan Taylor on the wing and a Butt/Smith partnership. :iamatwat:

The glass-half-full element is the players we've managed to keep eg Smith, Jonas, Barton.

But what wages do those three command, and some others besides?  I'd hazard a guess we have the highest wagebill in the Championship. Just as well we also have the best supporters eh!  :lol:

We better get promoted if Ashley doesn't sell us. Actually, we better get promoted anyway.

We've probably still got one of the highest wage bills in the Premiership never mind the Championship. :lol:

I shouldn't laugh, its really not funny :(

EDIT:

I read something the other day that we'd still have the 6th highest wage bill in the Premier League, never mind the Championship.

I bet its not far off, I mean I'm sure most Premiership clubs wage bills will have risen since they were last reported, but I bet we're still easily in the top 10.

Kevin Nolan far away from the team as possible?

Forgive possible ignorance but he's been one of your best players from what I've seen. Yes, some misplaced passes and poor decisions but contributed a fair bit overall.

I'd have thought:

Harper

Enrique

Colo

Taylor

Simpson

Jonas

Smith

Guthrie

Lovenkrands

Nolan (just behind)

Ameobi

Barton though will probably end up playing somewhere though because of rotation/injuries etc. Plus Lovenkrands could go up front alongisde Ameobi? Believe it or not, you have options.

Plus, Geremi, Butt, and Ranger and his young homies.

Forgive possible ignorance but he's been one of your best players from what I've seen. Yes, some misplaced passes and poor decisions but contributed a fair bit overall.

I'd have thought:

Harper

Enrique

Colo

Taylor

Simpson

Jonas

Smith

Guthrie

Lovenkrands

Nolan (just behind)

Ameobi

Barton though will probably end up playing somewhere though because of rotation/injuries etc. Plus Lovenkrands could go up front alongisde Ameobi? Believe it or not, you have options.

Lovenkrands is pretty shite in midfield. I'd rather have him upfront.

I'd have thought:

Harper

Enrique

Colo

Taylor

Simpson

Jonas

Smith

Guthrie

Lovenkrands

Nolan (just behind)

Ameobi

Lovenkrands is pretty shite in midfield. I'd rather have him upfront.

Agreed. Whilst you could argue putting Barton/Guthrie on the wing instead is a waste of talent... putting Lovenkrands on the wing is generally just pointless when he's shite there, but would be really effective upfront.

What about, after the standard back 4,

DM: Smith

MC: Guthrie

MC: Nolan

Then a front 3 of Ameobi, Lovenkrands and Jonas? Imagine that. Ibra Messi and Henry will be shitting themselves senseless I'd say.

I FORGOT RYAN TAYLOR IN THE WHOLE PICTURE!  :frantic:

Will injuries be as bad in the Chamionship? Yes we had a bunch of permacrocks in the Premier League, but would the intensity of the Premier League be partly to blame? Would we see less injuries in the team now that we can control the tempo in our favour?

Will injuries be as bad in the Chamionship? Yes we had a bunch of permacrocks in the Premier League, but would the intensity of the Premier League be partly to blame? Would we see less injuries in the team now that we can control the tempo in our favour?

Injuries if anything will be worse, due to the physicality of the league and the fact there is more games.

Harper

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

Guthrie Smith Barton

Gutierrez                     Lovenkrands

Ameobi 

Subs: Krul, Ranger, Nolan, Geremi, Taylor, Kadar, Carroll

Would do me for most games.

Then a front 3 of Ameobi, Lovenkrands and Jonas? Imagine that. Ibra Messi and Henry will be shitting themselves senseless I'd say.

Barton would have to be in place of Nolan.

Barton would have to be in place of Nolan.

Really? I know it's only been 5 games and he's a million miles from perfect, but Nolan deserves a longer run in the side from what I've seen.