Anyone still want Shearer?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Why do fans want him anyway?

Only thing he's done as a coach/manager is get us relegated. We're more than capable of attracting a proven manager.

If Shearer wants the job, he should prove himself somewhere else first. End of.

Gone fishing :kinnear:

Only thing he's done as a coach/manager is get us relegated. We're more than capable of attracting a proven manager.

I'd rather have a proven manager. What's hard to understand?

If Arsene Wenger left Arsenal, they wouldn't give the job to Tony Adams.

They'd be in a position to appoint a top manager. We aren't. Some people would rather take a gamble on the potential in shearer than the known mediocrity to shite proven by the majority of experienced candidates we'd be able to attract in our current position.

Guest Roger Kint

I think you are just being a wum, whats hard to understand for you?

He's got a point thought, i bet no one can give a decent reason without referring to Keegans first spell be it in their mind or actally written on here. Im not saying Shearer will be a bad manager as a reason for not wanting him here (although i don't think he will be a good manager), all im saying is at this critical time we need to guarantee promotion the first time of asking then look to move on from there, not try an incorporate another fucking fairlytale into a history of NUFC.

Emotion needs to take a sidestep and let logic and reasoning through, its actually imperative.

He's got a point thought, i bet no one can give a decent reason without referring to Keegans first spell be it in their mind or actally written on here. Im not saying Shearer will be a bad manager as a reason for not wanting him here (although i don't think he will be a good manager), all im saying is at this critical time we need to guarantee promotion the first time of asking then look to move on from there, not try an incorporate another f***ing fairlytale into a history of NUFC.

Emotion needs to take a sidestep and let logic and reasoning through, its actually imperative.

Exactly. Its preceisely this sort of unreasoned, sentimental stupidity that holds this club back.

Even when we're a Premiership club, Allardyce is in the job 5 minutes and there's morons shouting for Keegan and what's worse Ashley goes and listens to them.

I think you are just being a wum, whats hard to understand for you?

Yeah I disagree with your opinion and the unconvential wisdom of wanting someone as manager who's achieved bugger all as a coach, so I must be a wum. Grow up mate.

He's got a point thought, i bet no one can give a decent reason without referring to Keegans first spell be it in their mind or actally written on here. Im not saying Shearer will be a bad manager as a reason for not wanting him here (although i don't think he will be a good manager), all im saying is at this critical time we need to guarantee promotion the first time of asking then look to move on from there, not try an incorporate another f***ing fairlytale into a history of NUFC.

Exactly. Its preceisely this sort of unreasoned, sentimental stupidity that holds this club back.

Even when we're a Premiership club, Allardyce is in the job 5 minutes and there's morons shouting for Keegan and what's worse Ashley goes and listens to them.

No one was shouting for Keegan ;)

Keep fishing though :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

No again i simply think your way of posting is to fish for an argument. I never commented on whetehr he should be boss, just that you deliberately post to provoke a negative reaction by looking down on anyone who wants him.

No again i simply think your way of posting is to fish for an argument. I never commented on whetehr he should be boss, just that you deliberately post to provoke a negative reaction by looking down on anyone who wants him.

I simply speak my mind. That's what a forum's for my friend.

I think most of the arguments on here are academic anyway. Shearer didn't really prove himself a good or bad manager in his spell last season, pretty difficult to come to any conclusions on the basis of 8 games. The fact is he priced himself out of the job with Ashley and he's only going to get the job if someone pays enough money to buy the club which looks like pie in the sky right now. So he isn't a realistic option as it stands.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Erm, who ws shouting for KK it was always sky showing little mongs bouncing up and down shouting for shearer. 

Anyway, everyone was suprised to see KK come back it was totally out of the blue.

With current situation = keep him

New buyer = let them decide, keep as coach

No buyer, no money for transfers = keep until new buyer is found

Completely taken off the new market = new manager ASAP

Chris has done a fantastic job this season in a horrible set of circumstances.  People really should not forget this.  Manager material longer term, I think not.

I also suspect Shearer, for Shearer's sake would probably NOT do as well as Hughton is right now.

Part of me is very, very pissed off that Shearer will get the job simply because the concensus wants him. It's embarassing tbh. Should Hughton continue to do well, then get demoted to accomodate Shearer, what the hell happens if form drops? Do we sack Shearer then appoint him in 5 years when he's polished his trade elsewhere?  :lol:

Give him the job when it isn't working, by all means, but beforehand would make no sense whatsoever. And I still think he'd play Nicky Butt

And I bet you also thought he'd never drop Owen.. :kinnear:

he benched him for one game (when fit)

So he dropped him then, yes?! :lol:  You're wrong anyway..... he dropped him twice (just out of the top of my head), once versus Liverpool and the other against Villa. (He came on as a sub in both games)

If Shearer cannot motivate the players in a relegation fight what makes you think that he can motivate the players to win promotion?

That aside, look at the teams Shearer was fielding. What on earth was it going to take to convince him to sit Nicky Butt? Playing Beye at CB. Bassong at left back?  Duff at left back? He obviously doesn't see what we had in playing Enrique and Jonas together on the left. He's stated that Barton will not play for him. So what are we going to do then?

I know someone already corrected you on that, so I'm not gonna bother too much in doing the same.

All I'm going to say is that the comment about Beye playing at CB shows how ignorant you are. He's played there a million times for OM, and was class. That's even his best position, imo.

I think people are forgetting how Alan Shearer instantly commanded the players' respect and brought back the good feel factor to them. (Lost count how many times our players came out and said some positve stuff about him.)

And the way he handled the Obafemi Martins debacle at Stoke shows that he may not be like Souness, after all.

As for all of the tinckering and changing.... he had to do it to find the right formula. Not an easy thing to do considering the situation..... how many games did it take for KK to get us going the season before?

Chris has done a fantastic job this season in a horrible set of circumstances.  People really should not forget this.  Manager material longer term, I think not.

I tend to agree with you, but I can't think of any evidence! Just out of interest, what are your main reasons for thinking Hughton couldn't make a manager?

Lack of experience is obviously one, but Shearer suffers from that too.

Guest sicko2ndbest

For the 15.2% who want Hughton

see Glenn Roeder

The players are playing for themselves, period. They have had their reputations ruined by failing to avoid relegation. As soon as we have a bad run, you will see why Hughton is only a coach

For the 15.2% who want Hughton

see Glenn Roeder

The players are playing for themselves, period. They have had their reputations ruined by failing to avoid relegation. As soon as we have a bad run, you will see why Hughton is only a coach

You might be right, but it hardly makes sense to give him no credit when things are going well but prepare to criticise him if they turn bad, does it? Either he's influencing the players or he isn't, right?