Marlon Harewood

Dave

at least he can make a 3yard pass without booting it out of the stadium unlike Carroll

:facepalm:

Carroll has the best technique out of any of our strikers.

I like Carroll to an extent, but you have to be joking with that one

Who has better technique?

Carroll's technique is no better than Shola's

When it comes to hold up play, linking up, and heading ability Carroll pisses on Shola from a great height tbh.

Admittedly haven't seen him strike the ball often enough to comment on that part of his game.

Keep him fit, get his sharpness up and he'll be a big player for us in the Championship.

I know we have bodies up front but we're lacking in experience and proven quality and we're relying on the midfield for goals (not a bad thing, but we need a finisher up front). The fact Shola has looked far and away our best forward says a lot about our striking options.

Harewood has always been a bit of a wayward finisher but he puts himself about, gets into positions and makes a nuisance of himself, he gets chances because of his sheer strength and pace. He's far more direct than our other strikers and I think he'll certainly be a feared striker in this division.

Looks like he still has his pace which is a promising sign.

It depends on how broadly you define technique, but I'd say Carroll's first touch is the best of all our strikers, and that's probably the most important component of technique.

The glass ceiling that he's going to hit at some stage of his career is his lack of pace. That's why Ranger will sooner or later (I think sooner) move ahead of him.

So... we have a Marlon, we have a Ricky (if you listen to Bobby Moncur talking about our left-back), we just need someone from Coronation Street to complete the trilogy.

Butt does look a bit like Norris Cole tbh.

Will be Shola Harewood when all strikers are fit, shame but I bet its what Hughton will do I do not like dropping a fully contracted player for a loan player though.. Harewood looked up for it when he came on, showed goos strength and power.

It depends on how broadly you define technique, but I'd say Carroll's first touch is the best of all our strikers, and that's probably the most important component of technique.

The glass ceiling that he's going to hit at some stage of his career is his lack of pace. That's why Ranger will sooner or later (I think sooner) move ahead of him.

Depends how you look at first-touch and control. Carroll's is not very good, as the number of mis-hits and wrong steps he made yesterday shows, but it's effective. Doesn't matter so much if the ball bounces a yard or two away as he is big enough and forceful enough to keep it under control and, more importantly, make some use of it. He's got that kind of randy awkwardness that outfoxes defenders and before the ball reaches him he seems to have some idea about what he is going to do with it. I think Ranger can more accurately trap a ball and get it to stick to his foot, but he's not yet making as effective use of that ability as Carroll is of his.

So... we have a Marlon, we have a Ricky (if you listen to Bobby Moncur talking about our left-back), we just need someone from Coronation Street to complete the trilogy.

Butt does look a bit like Norris Cole tbh.

we have a Ryan as well

I like to think that Shola is a bit like Dev.

Carroll's technique is no better than Shola's

When it comes to hold up play, linking up, and heading ability Carroll pisses on Shola from a great height tbh.

Agreed, and he is young enough to get better - unlike said Shola..

Admittedly haven't seen him strike the ball often enough to comment on that part of his game.

Depends how you look at first-touch and control. Carroll's is not very good, as the number of mis-hits and wrong steps he made yesterday shows, but it's effective. Doesn't matter so much if the ball bounces a yard or two away as he is big enough and forceful enough to keep it under control and, more importantly, make some use of it. He's got that kind of randy awkwardness that outfoxes defenders and before the ball reaches him he seems to have some idea about what he is going to do with it. I think Ranger can more accurately trap a ball and get it to stick to his foot, but he's not yet making as effective use of that ability as Carroll is of his.

Is this really the place to discuss Carroll's bedroom technique? :lol:

Sorry.