Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

The People Newspaper

Toon plotting a double swoop by Tom Hopkinson

Newcastle whant to strengthen their defence with January moves for Mikael Silvester,32,has dropped down the pecking order at arsenal following the arrival of Thomas Vermaelen.with the World Cup looming the Frenchmen needs regular first team football even if it is in the Championship.Toon are also keen on Nottingham Forest's James Perch,24,and will bid to land him on a permanent deal in the New Year.The player will cost around £2.5million.     

Good Deals if true   O0

Just looking back on page 1 of this thread I was surprised to see that our interest in Perch was documented as far back as October, in The People no less. Looks like Oliver is still getting tip offs from the caretaker.

Hughton maintained we were going to get a defender and a striker to replace Harewood and Khiza if they left. Khiza joined Reading and Harewood is crocked.

Williamson looks to be a goer and so it will be interesting to see who the striker we bring in will be. Judging by the type of player Harewood is and the fact we were after Beckford, it appears we are after a striker with presence and pace.Not the easiest sort to find.

I know Ofere is 6ft3 and he seems to be somewhat fast from the clips I have seen of him, however I have no idea what type of player he is. We need a more detailed breakdown from one of the euro dudes!

Hughton maintained we were going to get a defender and a striker to replace Harewood and Khiza if they left. Khiza joined Reading and Harewood is crocked.

Williamson looks to be a goer and so it will be interesting to see who the striker we bring in will be. Judging by the type of player Harewood is and the fact we were after Beckford, it appears we are after a striker with presence and pace.Not the easiest sort to find.

I know Ofere is 6ft3 and he seems to be somewhat fast from the clips I have seen of him, however I have no idea what type of player he is. We need a more detailed breakdown from one of the euro dudes!

Williamson is all but off, and Ofere is according to the resident Swedes fucking shite and not even good enough for the Swedish league.

Williamson is all but off, and Ofere is according to the resident Swedes f***ing s**** and not even good enough for the Swedish league.

:lol:

Calm down buddy it'll work out.

The Williamson deal all but off? Don't think that's right is it?

Not read that thread in a few days, but last time I checked it had hit a snag of sorts, could have (and probably have considering your post) changed by now though :lol:

Guest MrSundlofer

20.49  Newcastle United have again being linked with a move for Malmo's Edward Ofere.

He's bad. A bad version of Ameobi.

Williamson is all but off, and Ofere is according to the resident Swedes f***ing s**** and not even good enough for the Swedish league.

:lol:

Calm down buddy it'll work out.

I hate rumours about us signing players who have proven themselves to be utter shit (Ofere, not Williamson) as they are usually the ones that are true.

20.49  Newcastle United have again being linked with a move for Malmo's Edward Ofere.

:lol: WOAH!

A bit more detail please! That sounds very harsh and scary as hell!

Is he good at anything? ... I mean damn! A bad version of Shola  :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: WOAH!

A bit more detail please! That sounds very harsh and scary as hell!

Is he good at anything? ... I mean damn! A bad version of Shola  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Norwegian clubs won't touch him, and they're just a tiny fraction better than Swedish clubs.

We should try for Jonathan de Guzman. Unsettled at Feyenoord and only half a year left on his contract. Feyenoord is skint, and will probably take any money they can for him. The player was recently coveted by bigger clubs (like Valencia), but seems to have been forgotten due to an injury ravaged first half of the season. Now back to fitness and still a good, young, dynamic midfielder. Dunno if he'd come here in our present state, but why not try and see what happens..?

We should try for Jonathan de Guzman. Unsettled at Feyenoord and only half a year left on his contract. Feyenoord is skint, and will probably take any money they can for him. The player was recently coveted by bigger clubs (like Valencia), but seems to have been forgotten due to an injury ravaged first half of the season. Now back to fitness and still a good, young, dynamic midfielder. Dunno if he'd come here in our present state, but why not try and see what happens..?

Wow ... he really used to be seen as a big time talent, but things have certainly gone quiet with him.

Definitely one to target in the summer if we go up.

Why don't we use the £2 mill or so we were going to use on Kilgallon and try for Ambrose or Whittingham?

Aye they both have a stupid number if goals this season, Whittingham was canny when he was at Villa n all, no pace though.

Wow ... he really used to be seen as a big time talent, but things have certainly gone quiet with him.

Older brother Julian was also very good in La Liga and he was a free agent this summer... now at MLS.

Older brother Julian was also very good in La Liga and he was a free agent this summer... now at MLS.

Always thought that was a suprising move.