Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

ah, didn't realise he'd been getting games as of late. shows how much attention i've been paying to to the premier league this season  ;D

Aye, he's also been playing fantastic for them too. Keep your eye on him, he will start to do big things... sadly.

He looks like Pob!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5890810,00.html

Skysports.com understands Fitz Hall could be set to leave Queens Park Rangers this month.

The 29-year-old joined QPR two years ago, but now could be ready to move on from Loftus Road.

And it is understood that Newcastle are leading the chase to land the former Crystal Palace and Wigan star.

Newcastle have already signed Mike Williamson in this window, but manager Chris Hughton wants further defensive reinforcements.

There are a number of Championship clubs said to be showing an interest in Hall, but Newcastle - having already lured Hall's former QPR team-mate Wayne Routledge to St James' Park this month - would appear to be favourites.

Lush picture on the link btw  ;D

Newcastle move to strengthen defence with loan capture of Tottenham and Sunderland trialist Osman Chavez

By Mel Henderson

Last updated at 4:16 PM on 28th January 2010

Newcastle are on the brink of signing Honduras international defender Osman Chavez on loan until the end of the season.

The Championship club are the latest in a long line of clubs to be linked with Chavez, who was previously on trial at Celtic, Tottenham and Sunderland earlier this season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1246789/Newcastle-strengthen-defence-loan-capture-Tottenham-Sunderland-trialist-Osman-Chavez.html?ITO=1490

What about this?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/01/28/hughton-left-hoping-for-jose-enrique-reprieve-72703-25705226/2/

Reports today from Honduras that Hughton was about to sign Honduran international defender Osman Chavez were played down by the United boss.

The Platense defender had been tipped by his club president Eduardo Ramos to make the switch to Newcastle after jetting out to England in search of a move.

Hughton said: “There’s nothing in that. But I’m certainly hopeful of bringing in a couple more before the deadline finishes, that’s for sure.

“The areas we’re still looking at are at centre-half, because of the cover we need, and a centre forward.”

Hughton missed out on the signing of Leon Cort from Stoke, with the brother of ex-Toon striker Carl joining Burnley.

Moses isn't going to come to us.............but, he is the type of player that could be used to convince Ashley to spend.

He's young, coveted, potential to increase in value - I reckon Ashley would find the money for him. It's a favourable gamble - and he loves those.

For Moses to join us is a pretty good career move for him imo. Joining a team almost guaranteed for promotion, 90 mins every game and a 52,000 capacity stadium.

I would like to see Newcastle put a bid in for Nathan Clyne with Crystal Palace struggling, looked a really good prospect for Palace last night

I've heard he's a player for the future, only 17. Would like to see Ashley go for some youngsters..

Guest Roger Kint

25 year old centre half according to wiki

If you read wiki you should have seen:

On 27 January 2010 Chavez was rumoured to have flown to Newcastle to have a medical, although manager Chris Hughton was quick to distance himself from the rumours.