Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

17.30 Sky Bet inform us there is still some money coming in for Jermaine Beckford at 6/1 to stay at Elland Road. Simon Grayson has reiterated he will only leave Leeds United in January if the club's valuation is met.

Cardiff are skint apart there latest welsh wonder kid what players have they got that are worth looking at? Chopra? Burke? Whittingham? Ledley? McCormack?

Looking at Wiki it seems Gavin Rae is very much the main man at Cardiff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_City_F.C.#Current_squad

Has anyone seen a glimpse of the  Adam Matthews play? If so report in!!!!

Ledley is a decent player and still quite young despite having tons of league games under his belt.

I think a lot of clubs will be after him on a free in the summer, probably including us.

I think a lot of clubs will be after him on a free in the summer, probably including us.

Moyes has overall has done well buying/signing players from the Football League has he not been linked with buying any players off the top team in the CCC?

Guest Stephen927

Hughton warns Leeds over Beckford dea

Published 17:06 11/01/10 By Simon Bird

Chris Hughton has warned Leeds that he won’t wait much longer to land top strike target Jermaine Beckford.

Newcastle have tabled a £1.25million bid for the 26-year-old, but Hughton wants the business done quickly - or he could re-sign Aston Villa star Marlon Harewood on loan for a fraction of the price.

Leeds are expected sell this month because Beckford is out of contract in the summer and has submitted a transfer request.

Hughton said: “There comes a time when we will have to look elsewhere. We’d prefer to do our business early but there comes to a stage, if you have a specific target in mind, that you have to move on to other targets.

“In the ideal scenario you do your business as quickly as possible, but in most cases it doesn’t tend to happen that way. That’s the frustration this window brings.

“I am still confident, very, very confident, we will get the three players we want to add to the squad.

“I’ve identified the players. Then the logistics of that, whoever needs to be spoken to, is done by others. It’s not a distraction for me.”

Newcastle want to keep Danny Simpson beyond the West Brom game next Monday when his loan spell runs out. Hughton said: “He has done very well and it is something we are working on.

“It is one of the areas we have consistently said we want to bring players in. Right-back, centre-back and centre-forward. Not necessarily different players, all the players we have brought in on loan have done very well.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-manager-Chris-Hughton-warns-Leeds-over-Beckford-deal-article284747.html

So Simpson, Kilgallon and Beckford are his three targets?

Moyes has overall has done well buying/signing players from the Football League has he not been linked with buying any players off the top team in the CCC?

Ledley was linked a lot last season but not much recently. He also tried to buy Naughton in the summer but he would rather be the mighty Alan Hutton's boot cleaner and we had a bid accepted for Ramsey but he chose Arsenal (that ones fair enough).

Lately Kilgallon has been linked with signing on a free in the summer.

Even if he had more funds we have

Smith

Butt

Barton

Nolan

Guthrie

No way was he ever going to look to sign another CM.

Aye two defensive, one who will take ages to get full fitness when he gets back, one who disappears for most of the match and one who Hughton clearly has no confidence in and usually plays wide.

A creative m/fielder should be a priority imo.

Even if he had more funds we have

Smith

Butt

Barton

Nolan

Guthrie

No way was he ever going to look to sign another CM.

Quite funny that the two players most people on here voted as their ideal CM partnership, Barton and Guthrie, actually play the least amount of games in the centre and are usually shunted out wide. Still, what do the fans know. Who cares anyway. They are all slow as fuck.