Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

seen Barnsley a couple times and have been impressed with their 2 midfielders - Hugo Colace and De Silva.

Didn`t realise Colace was the former Argentina U-23 captain for their FIFA U-23 win a couple years back ,along with Tevez, Macherano, Messi etc.

Not sure how he ended up at Barnsley after ! Out of contract in the summer, might be worth a punt if he keeps impressing.

De Silva seems a canny creative player from what I`ve seen also. Not sure if De Silva has the ability to player at a higher level  .....but Colace seems to have a bit of class about him.

Hugo Colace ended up at Barnsley? How did that happen? He was class for the Argentinian Youth teams!

yep, captain of the Argentinian U-23 team, then played in Brazil for Flamengo where he won the Brazilian title. Then ended up at Barnsley  :icon_scratch: .....still only 25. Not sure if he ever played alongside Colo or Gutierrez before.

http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10309~43747,00.html

Guest Roger Kint

Wonder if Villa would take £500k for Beye?  ???

You'd still want him? ???

Could we sign a better RB for less than that? ???

He's obviously not getting his game and we're looking quite good for promotion, so why not? We haven't got a RB on our books and adding Simpson and Beye for a million would be good business if we can swing it with Man U and Villa.

they may not have paid us all the milner money so could in theory cost us nothing.

Did you used to dabble in the subprime markets?

nope living mortgage free thanks I guess i didnt explain myself well I meant there wouldnt be any outlay free Ashleys pocket if there is still a balance to pay of Milner

You are aware if they still owe money for Milner they would obviously still owe us Beye's transfer fee too? ???

Not that we would get him mind

seen Barnsley a couple times and have been impressed with their 2 midfielders - Hugo Colace and De Silva.

Didn`t realise Colace was the former Argentina U-23 captain for their FIFA U-23 win a couple years back ,along with Tevez, Macherano, Messi etc.

Not sure how he ended up at Barnsley after ! Out of contract in the summer, might be worth a punt if he keeps impressing.

De Silva seems a canny creative player from what I`ve seen also. Not sure if De Silva has the ability to player at a higher level  .....but Colace seems to have a bit of class about him.

We signed Anderson Silva (on a free I think) from Racing Santander then loaned him to Malaga until he got a Spanish passport so he's played at a higher level than the Championship already.

When he finally came here Moyes didn't give him a chance at all and he signed for Barnsley after a loan spell there. I've seen him score some great goals in the Championship and I remember he had a good game for us against Werder Bremen in pre-season one time. That was one of his very few run outs for Everton.

Giles Barnes on a free? Get him in.

Very basic contract with big play bonuses, he'd snap our hands off.

Talent is there, but so are reoccurring injuries, maybe better medical facilities and not having the need to rush him back might help him recover properly; also it might not, but well worth the risk on a small contract.

Talent is there, but so are reoccurring injuries, maybe better medical facilities and not having the need to rush him back might help him recover properly; also it might not, but well worth the risk on a small contract.

Thing for me is that he's 21. He's young enough to recover and sort it out.

Bet they thought that about Ashton at West Ham too.

That's the risk isn't it? I'm much more willing to throw nothing wages on a 21 year old than some 30 year old on massive wages. At wirst, you cut your losses and at best you've acquired a very good player for free.

You'd have thought either Derby or Fulham would have kept/signed him if he was worth the risk.

That's the risk isn't it? I'm much more willing to throw nothing wages on a 21 year old than some 30 year old on massive wages. At wirst, you cut your losses and at best you've acquired a very good player for free.

You'd have thought either Derby or Fulham would have kept/signed him if he was worth the risk.

A big factor in this situation is that Derby are bleeding  £'s right now.

You what? Here? :lol:

A big factor in this situation is that Derby are bleeding  £'s right now.

Yeah & you may as well dump the kid who is on big bucks but never plays.

Manchester United about a shock loan swap that would see defender Steven Taylor exchanged for hitman Federico Macheda.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/635358/TOON-IN-CHEEKY-LOAN-SWAP-OFFER-TO-FERGIE.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently Marlon Harewood is returning from his loan back to his parent club in January, his parent club of course being Nottingham Forest according to the article.

Re: Vladimir Weiss

There's gotta be someone atleast close to this guy in our own academy. I can't see the point in loaning other teams prospects.

Hughton seems to reckon because they're from a PL team then they'll be worth having over our own, that and he probably saw him score last week.

I remember him pushing the ref like, I couldn't believe he stayed on like. I guess the more the merrier.