Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/8470445.stm

Out-of-favour Sunderland striker David Healy is pleading with clubs to consider snapping him up before the end of the current transfer window.

The Northern Ireland striker has failed to win a regular starting place for the Black Cats since moving to the club in August 2008.

"I know my future is not going to be at Sunderland," Healy told BBC Sport.

"I'm more than willing to go back to the Championship and get back to enjoying my football again."

Healy added:"It's been a disappointing time and people have said that it's time to move on but when you have a contract and a family where you live, sometimes it's difficult."

Healy has been linked with a number of clubs but the 30-year-old downplayed those press reports as "speculation".

"I haven't got my eye on anywhere. I have been linked to a number of Championship clubs but I can't name anybody.

"But it's two weeks until the end of the transfer window and I know that things aren't going to progress for me at Sunderland."

Healy acknowledged that a return to League One leaders Leeds would interest him.

"If there was a club I was ever going to go back to play for, it would be Leeds. I have huge affection for the club."

In November, Healy failed to win a starting place for Northern Ireland's friendly against Serbia.

It was the first time Healy had been dropped for a home game at Windsor Park since his international career started in February 2000.

Quality finisher who will thrive with regular football.  Please, PLEASE bring him in!

Another 30 yr old to go with the tired bunch we already have here. Ashley's Arsenal blueprint in action  O0

I thought it was Aston Villa we were copying. You know the team we sold our 22 year old right winger to and who have spent over £90m net in the last 5 years, all financed by the owner.  :undecided:

The Magpies will continue to look to sign the best young players from across Europe for their Academy, but United’s managing director is adamant that should not be seen as a lack of ambition or an attempt to do things on the cheap, as he also promised the required investment in senior players.

And, with their business plan apparently back on track following the decision to take the club off the market, Llambias is confident Newcastle will go from strength to strength over the next few years.

He said: “We’re not selling, we’re trying to stabilise our team and we’re back on track with our business plan. In five years’ time I would hope we would be challenging for everything. We hope to be like an Aston Villa. But you need to have solid grounding under your feet.

“You need that – it should have been built years ago. We inherited so much. We’re knocking down walls and rebuilding.

“We want to build it on a solid base and it’s not where Newcastle has been for a long time. It’s worth taking into consideration that we’re now financially stronger than we’ve ever been – and that can only improve.

“We can promise that we won’t take a penny out of this club. It will go straight back into this club. We’re not selling, there is no point selling it.”

Probably should have banned the Journal back then for the "accuracy, tone, inference and content of the article".

Guest Heneage

He is a midfielder for one, and I don't think he's chosen his nationality he is also Italian.

SKY also reckon QPR want £2m for Routledge, never before has a player been more tailor made for us than him.

He is a midfielder for one, and I don't think he's chosen his nationality he is also Italian.

SKY also reckon QPR want £2m for Routledge, never before has a player been more tailor made for us than him.

Routledge for you lot would be mint, and I think he can potentially do the step up. Have you been linked to him or are you just suggesting the name?

Guest WashyGeordie

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but i heard that we're going to get Danny Collins on loan?

Most likely b/s, and i don't know Hughton's obsession with chasing defenders, when our priority should be midfield, or even a striker.

Routledge would probably be good, said when we played QPR he was exactly the type of player we need, a pacy winger who can hug the touchline who's possibly got the ability to be a Premiership player. Atleast then we'd be far more unpredictable and be a threat on both flanks, if anything it would atleast give Jonas more freedom.

Is Routledge still pretty quick then? Pace wouldn't be essential but it'd be a nice add-on. Just some balance is what we crave, and someone - on both wings - who can track back and combine with their full-back; from both an attacking and defending perspective. Jonas does it sometimes with Jose and it works an absolute treat. Given that there's no out-and-out winger down the right, everyone's pretty independent down there, and as we saw on Monday, it's not beneficial for the team at all. Especially if Jonas can't be bothered on that particular day.

Routledge is a piece of s***.  No thanks.

He's absolutely brilliant in the championship and wasn't that bad in the premiership either.

Not talk about his skills (which admittedly are sub-par), I'm talking more about his attitude.  We don't need any more shitheads at our club.

He's absolutely brilliant in the championship and wasn't that bad in the premiership either.

He was gash at Portsmouth & Fulham. Never played at Spurs or Villa. Fucking tremendous for Crystal Palace though but that was a long time ago.

Not talk about his skills (which admittedly are sub-par), I'm talking more about his attitude.  We don't need any more shitheads at our club.

Fair enough, that's a reason why we need a manager strong enough to deal with shitheads.

On the other side of that, model pros like Nicky Butt and Ryan Taylor tend not to improve team morale when they've made a basic error and lost the team points for the 2nd week running.

I thought QPR want 2m for Routledge? That means he isn't a realistic signing.

There are no realistic signings at under £2m apart from the crap players no one else wants. Anyone half decent will get snapped up as is likely with Kilgallon and probably Beckford as well. I'd rather we bought no one than waste any more money on the unpolished turds we will be no doubt end up with.

We've got decent youngsters like Carroll, Ranger at Kadar already here, far better to play them than sign players that are available for under £2m because no one wants them. We don't really want to see our youngsters having to move like Milner did to fulfil their potential while we sign experienced has-beens.

Aye Curtis Davies sounds a bit unrealistic like. Mind you he's not played since September due to injury I don't think and Collins and Dunne are above him in the pecking order now? Along with Cueller.

Never gonna happen though.