Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

MAGPIES PUSHING FOR VAUGHAN MOVE

JAMES VAUGHAN is a target for Newcastle.

They wanted the Everton striker on loan, but Blues gaffer David Moyes insists he will only sell Vaughan for cash.

Now the Championship leaders are weighing up a £2.5million deal for him after being hit by Jermaine Beckford's decision to remain at Leeds for the remainder of his contract.

Chris Hughton wants to add a new striker to his squad this month and has been impressed by Vaughan's return to fitness.

The 21-year-old scored in consecutive games last month against Burnley and Carlisle.

From the Screws

Buy! Buy!

Great, so even our "if all else fails" target is now a no go. I know we're pretty incompetent at signing players, but we've also had some terrible luck this month. Beckford goes from relative anonymity to back page hero and Leeds whack the asking price up, Pompey get their finances in a muddle and pull the Williamson deal and now this. Ridiculous.

Great, so even our "if all else fails" target is now a no go. I know we're pretty incompetent at signing players, but we've also had some terrible luck this month. Beckford goes from relative anonymity to back page hero and Leeds whack the asking price up, Pompey get their finances in a muddle and pull the Williamson deal and now this. Ridiculous.

It's what happens when you fuck around penny-pinching; all of the players we've been chasing were already on our radar before the window even opened.

Too bad stupid Mike hasn't worked this out yet.

It's what happens when you fuck around penny-pinching.

Too bad stupid Mike hasn't worked this out yet.

is the right answer.

Oh yes and Kilgallon goes from looking a nailed on signing, to then deciding to stick with Sheff Utd till the summer before having a change of heart and joining the mackems.

Sick of this month, bring on Feb 2nd.

Being my pessimistic self, Ashley's gamble will fail miserably. No signings, key players injured, congestion of fixtures, loss of form (only 1 win  in 6 currently), we could drop like a stone due to this man's stupidity and fail to gain automatic promotion.

Our only saving grace could be we may squeeze into a play off position and key players may return in time for those games.

If we fail to go up, we will descend into a period of obscurity until the fat man bites the bullitt and sells the club for a quid because that is about all it will be worth by the time he finishes with us. Silly Bastard.

Then again, I could be wrong