Xisco's back

Crumpy Gunt

"Kevin's suggestions? Jonathan Woodgate, Richard Dunne and Sami Hyppia! Now where's the resale value of any of those players?"

You can tell he's Ashley's mate :lol:

Laughable really, all 3 would have been good signings and the defender we did get was massively overpriced and has less resale value than two of them anyway.

but if it's true he also wanted lampard,henry et al.

which way do you want it ?

Keegan on Woodgate

The former England manager, speaking after his team's 3-0 FA Cup fourth round defeat at Arsenal, said: 'It looks like we've lost him and I'm very disappointed. You cast your bait on the end of the line. Sometimes you catch the fish and sometimes you don't. Last time I was here, we built it up, and I wanted Jonathan Woodgate as the first part of that jigsaw. But from what I hear, I think he will go somewhere else - and it was only us and Tottenham who had bids accepted.'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jan/27/newsstory.newcastleunited

It's a fact that he wanted Woodgate. he said it himself on Tv.

How do you jump to the conclusion that he wanted Lampard and Henry?

from the news of the screws story we are talking about.

also i don't say he did want them but if some want to use the story to to paint keegan in a good light then they have to take all the story including those bits that dont.

Well, to be honest - Lampard aside - Ronaldinho was on the market after being s*** for two years, and Henry was heavily rumoured to want out until Guardiola sat with him during pre-season. Also Becks was in a s*** league and he weaseled a loan move shortly afterwards. So they weren't *that* far-fetched targets. You could have got one of them with the right circumstances (i.e. Milan not biding, Henry deciding he wanted to go back to England), maybe two investing heavily.

Well, to be honest - Lampard aside - Ronaldinho was on the market after being s*** for two years, and Henry was rumoured to want out until Guardiola sat with him during pre-season. Also Becks was in a s*** league and he weaseled a loan move shortly afterwards. So they weren't *that* far-fetched targets. You could have got one of them with the right circumstances (i.e. Milan not biding, Henry deciding he wanted to go back to England), maybe two investing heavily.

so losing money hand over fist, 70% of turnover going on players wages......bring one or two of these in ?

Just pointing out that it wasn't a case of Accrington Stanley manager asking his president to buy Cristiano Ronaldo, the players were reasonably gettable. The economics of it are a different thing. But you spent a lot of transfer budget on "who?" players anyway.

Anyway, I'm an outsider and I don't know much about the affair. Just wanted to point out these players, at that time, were not impossible signings.

also i don't say he did want them but if some want to use the story to to paint keegan in a good light then they have to take all the story including those bits that dont.

How is that? When I read the transfer rumours bit in the screws I think some may happen while others are pie in the sky & are there for the headlines on Sunday.  Likewise with this article some like the Rio thing I am buying that, other bits I am 100% sure of.

Just pointing out that it wasn't a case of Accrington Stanley manager asking his president to buy Cristiano Ronaldo, the players were reasonably gettable. The economics of it are a different thing. But you spent a lot of transfer budget on "who?" players anyway.

Anyway, I'm an outsider and I don't know much about the affair. Just wanted to point out these players, at that time, were not impossible signings.

they weren't impossible but certainly not sustainable given the position we were in. i've said in the past there was a stage when we were buying parker, emre and duff under the noses of everton and spurs saying"they'll come here as they can't afford the wages" when it turns out we couldn't either.

How is that? When I read the transfer rumours bit in the screws I think some may happen while others are pie in the sky & are there for the headlines on Sunday.  Likewise with this article some like the Rio thing I am buying that, other bits I am 100% sure of.

i'm sure you'll understandf my thinking then that some will pick out of it whatever suits their view of things.

Just had re-read over the classic KK wants Lampard, Henry & Beckham article written by Ashleys mate Rob Beasley. Once you get past the headline it makes interesting reading.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/article22169.ece

in what way.

(remember if you want to take some of it as gospel you have to accept it all.......you can;t just pick at the bits that fit your idea)

It is just so f***ing bizarre that what makes it interesting, this club is always way out there but that article makes us sound even more left field than we usually are.

I think there are elements of truth in it like the Rio bit but Beasley is going to add a bit of spin for his mate & the x-captain of the club he supports. Good read all the same.

the problem with it is that the keegan bummers will use it as proof that keegan had no say whereas the anti-keegans willl use it as proof that keegan agreed to the structure and wanted unreasonable signings.

until it goes to court we'll never find out....even then it may be a bit opaque.

In terms of a measurement on the bumometer, Keegan often gets a ten (pneumatic drill) on this site. The court case outcome will be very interesting.

:lol:

Agree with Village Idiot - none of those players were impossible for us. Even Lampard, who was approaching the final year of his contract and was apparently looking to leave to get the bumper pay deal he wanted, may have been a possbility. After all, Keegan supposedly had a good amount of money to spend, in fact he probably returned with the promise of a good budget because that's what he's best at, i.e. spending money and building a good side - what happened to the Modric money for example?

But even if it's agreed that those players were exceptionally unrealistic, I severely doubt they were the only players on Keegan's list. I bet you they were his top choices IF the possibility to sign them was there, hence why Keegan would have wanted his chairman to look into the respective situations. Beyond that, there were probably a bunch of realistic targets he wanted, and prior to leaving he stated that we had four/five irons in the fire. I'm betting none of those targets were signed, and we ended up with several Wise players who Keegan had probably never heard of. Kamil Zayatte was one of those Keegan wanted and not signed, the defender/midfielder we were interested in and had on trial prior to him signing for Hull. Zayatte has all but stated that he wasn't signed because the chairman didn't want him. Digging up a few direct quotes, we have:

Keegan on Zayatte before move to Hull:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/article.html?Keegan_closing_in_on_targets&in_article_id=286390&in_page_id=43

He said: "We have got four or five irons in the fire at the moment, two of which are pretty well down the line and three which are could bes, maybes, and he (Zayatte) is one of those could be, maybes."

He added: "We have had him training. He looks like a player who could certainly improve us.

"He plays three or four positions, and I like those sort of players. We will see where we go.

"I have got to talk to (executive director of football) Dennis (Wise) and (vice-president - player recruitment) Tony (Jimenez) about it."

Zayatte talking about our interest after he signs for Hull

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4422699,00.html

Speaking to the Hull Mail, Zayatte said: "Originally I was going to go to Everton but the two clubs did not agree on transfer fees.

"The coach of Everton (David Moyes) then recommended me to the coach of Newcastle (Kevin Keegan), but the manager and the chairman did not get on.

"Then I signed for Hull and I don't regret it. It looks like a brilliant decision."

Absolutely clear as day what happened here. 

Agree with Village Idiot - none of those players were impossible for us. Even Lampard, who was approaching the final year of his contract and was apparently looking to leave to get the bumper pay deal he wanted, may have been a possbility. After all, Keegan supposedly had a good amount of money to spend, in fact he probably returned with the promise of a good budget because that's what he's best at, i.e. spending money and building a good side - what happened to the Modric money for example?

But even if it's agreed that those players were exceptionally unrealistic, I severely doubt they were the only players on Keegan's list. I bet you they were his top choices IF the possibility to sign them was there, hence why Keegan would have wanted his chairman to look into the respective situations. Beyond that, there were probably a bunch of realistic targets he wanted, and prior to leaving he stated that we had four/five irons in the fire. I'm betting none of those targets were signed, and we ended up with several Wise players who Keegan had probably never heard of. Kamil Zayatte was one of those Keegan wanted and not signed, the defender/midfielder we were interested in and had on trial prior to him signing for Hull. Zayatte has all but stated that he wasn't signed because the chairman didn't want him. Digging up a few direct quotes, we have:

Keegan on Zayatte before move to Hull:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/article.html?Keegan_closing_in_on_targets&in_article_id=286390&in_page_id=43

He said: "We have got four or five irons in the fire at the moment, two of which are pretty well down the line and three which are could bes, maybes, and he (Zayatte) is one of those could be, maybes."

He added: "We have had him training. He looks like a player who could certainly improve us.

"He plays three or four positions, and I like those sort of players. We will see where we go.

"I have got to talk to (executive director of football) Dennis (Wise) and (vice-president - player recruitment) Tony (Jimenez) about it."

Zayatte talking about our interest after he signs for Hull

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4422699,00.html

Speaking to the Hull Mail, Zayatte said: "Originally I was going to go to Everton but the two clubs did not agree on transfer fees.

"The coach of Everton (David Moyes) then recommended me to the coach of Newcastle (Kevin Keegan), but the manager and the chairman did not get on.

"Then I signed for Hull and I don't regret it. It looks like a brilliant decision."

Absolutely clear as day what happened here. 

"if","probably" and at least one was signed....guthrie.

is it possible zayatte wanted more than we were prepared to pay ? umpteen reasons why players don't sign for clubs. i'll waiy for evidence as opposed to looking for things that suit a specific view.

is it possible zayatte wanted more than we were prepared to pay ? umpteen reasons why players don't sign for clubs. i'll waiy for evidence as opposed to looking for things that suit a specific view.

Guthrie signed for us midway through July, this was an article printed two days before the tranfer deadline.

Guest Roger Kint

Agree with Village Idiot - none of those players were impossible for us. Even Lampard, who was approaching the final year of his contract and was apparently looking to leave to get the bumper pay deal he wanted, may have been a possbility.

One of the maddest posts ever in internet history :mackems:

If I was a player and was looking at a move to another club in another country I would want to talk to the manager I was going to be playing for, want to know how he seen my role.

Xisco came for the money without even knowing if the manager wanted him, he got here to see that Keegan did not even know who he was. Now he has two choices he could have went in a huff acted like a little prick and make his situation even woese (what he did) or he could have got his head down worked hard in training showed he was keen to play and prove to the manager that he is a good player and hunrgy for games.

What he chose to do just proves he was a money hungry little bastard and we are way better off without him and his shit attitude having a negitive effect on the squad. Lets hope we can sell him and get back some of the crazy money we paid for him.

I used to be ITk on Beckham and i knew that his agent had discussed the possibility of coming to Newcastle with the club.

He went to AC Milan instead which just shows how likely any of those players coming really was. We would be a last resort for a player in that calibre. Henry and Lampard continue to play for the biggest clubs in the world because the biggest clubs want them to play there. Until that changes, they're as lilkey to sign for Notts co. as for us.

Guthrie signed for us midway through July, this was an article printed two days before the tranfer deadline.

very true, don't see what it has to do with what we are discussing but very true nonetheless.

Guest Roger Kint

very true, don't see what it has to do with what we are discussing but very true nonetheless.

Does it matter that Zayatte is total dogshit? ???

Guest iliketoonarmy

If I was a player and was looking at a move to another club in another country I would want to talk to the manager I was going to be playing for, want to know how he seen my role.

Xisco came for the money without even knowing if the manager wanted him, he got here to see that Keegan did not even know who he was. Now he has two choices he could have went in a huff acted like a little prick and make his situation even woese (what he did) or he could have got his head down worked hard in training showed he was keen to play and prove to the manager that he is a good player and hunrgy for games.

What he chose to do just proves he was a money hungry little b****** and we are way better off without him and his s*** attitude having a negitive effect on the squad. Lets hope we can sell him and get back some of the crazy money we paid for him.

:facepalm: :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

After admitting that I can't see him ever playing for us again, which presumably means we'll have to make even more of a loss on him than we would have done.

Theres always a chance he will score 20 goals and get a perminent £20m move........... :iamatwat: