Blackpool 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 16/09/09 - post match reaction from page 23

Dave

The thing is not just that we lost, but by all accounts we got dominated ... by Blackpool. Butt comes back and all of a sudden we are being dominated by Blackpool. We've been coasting against everyone this season. The return of the Butt face quickly put an end to it though. Here we freakin' go again!

Bollocks.

I can't recall a game where we haven't been the better team so far and now we're getting the run around by Blackpool. This Butt thing isn't funny anymore. I don't think people realise the negative effect he has on the team.

:(

Knew it was gonna come eventually, and yes, fucking embarrassing.

Look at that team today, fucking well paid supposedly good players, getting beat of BLACKPOOL!!!!!!!!

they didnt even hav a stadium it was mish mash and made of sheds , bit like ours really.

Can I please just remind everyone that Blackpool beat Wigan 4-1 in the cup the other week, a side that included the likes of Scotland and other first-teamers.

This isn't too bad so long as Saturday yields three points. If that is the case, then disaster averted.

So f***? When was the last time the cup reflected league form.

Did I say at any point that was the case? Holloway clearly knows how to get his team fired up for the bigger games, and obviously they have some quality in the side if they can turn over a decentish team like Wigan with relative ease.

I also love it how everyone has jumped on me here for that post because I've used rational thought and explained how this situation could become positive using understandable prose. :lol:

We lost to a decent side? How does that make things any better.

I'd not have cared as much if we'd lost while playing well to a decent side. The performance was nothing short of woeful at times.

Knew it was gonna come eventually, and yes, f***ing embarrassing.

Look at that team today, f***ing well paid supposedly good players, getting beat of BLACKPOOL!!!!!!!!

There's plenty of teams in the league worse than Blackpool, if you knew anything about this league. They're a decent side.

We need to accept we won't win EVERY match. You have to deal with a bad result now and again.

Guest Stephen927

It just shows that we won't win every game in this league but no need to panic. Plymouth are the ideal opponents the form they are in and we can put a few past them at the weekend, without too much fuss.

It also shows that Alan Smith is irreplacable. He's the one player we can't do without. He's been the best player on the pitch every game and needs to be wrapped in cotton wool. His red card cost us because we'd never have lost that, with him on the pitch.

It's almost like we're in a parrallel universe. Alan Smith is actually good now.

We have a horrendous lack of pace in the side. Simpson and Enrique are our too fastest players.

that is true. we got stocky thugs, butt, guthrie, nolan, barton, smith all hefty hitmen on the run with no pace.

lucky to win against Leicester, Sheff Wed and Cardiff. Our attacking play is bloody woeful man

Our attacking play hasn't been great but we have looked solid, organised and very difficult to break down. We're not lighting it up but we've been grinding out results this way, which is an achievement considering the loss of Shola and Jonas and having to play such young and inexperienced players alone upfront.

Here comes Butt though! Just in time to remind everyone how horrible everything really is. 

It was about time we lost the game. It will give everyone to keep their legs in the feet and work hard for the reminder of the season.

Im not sure it will. You are talking about a squad that felt sorry for themselves all last season.

lucky to win against Leicester, Sheff Wed and Cardiff. Our attacking play is bloody woeful man

Our attacking play hasn't been great but we have looked solid, organised and very difficult to break down. We're not lighting it up but we've been grinding out results this way, which is an achievement considering the loss of Shola and Jonas and having to play such young and inexperienced players alone upfront.

Here comes Butt though! Just in time to remind everyone how horrible everything really is.

That's bollocks as well man. The opposition have had shedloads of chances, they just haven't been taking them.

It just shows that we won't win every game in this league but no need to panic. Plymouth are the ideal opponents the form they are in and we can put a few past them at the weekend, without too much fuss.

It also shows that Alan Smith is irreplacable. He's the one player we can't do without. He's been the best player on the pitch every game and needs to be wrapped in cotton wool. His red card cost us because we'd never have lost that, with him on the pitch.

It's almost like we're in a parrallel universe. Alan Smith is actually good now.

He's just too good for this league.

That's the thing, Northern Gimp, he's not an actual manager. Unless he transforms into one this season and into a successful one to boot, we're fucked until we actually appoint an actual manager and implement any sort of fucking plan for this club.

Ashley needs to die.

To those blaming Butt - there were 4 other midfielders playing tonight who didn't do their job. Butt isn't the player he was, but it dosen't mean he deserves to be make into a scapegoat. Remember, he was one of the few players who actually gave a **** throughout last season.

Living in Blackpool this is gonna be a hard pill to swallow, I'll never hear the end of it!

Blackpool always do well against the top sides though, they won home and away against Birmingham last season and brought two draws against Wolves too I think. They still finished just 10 points above relegation.

This is not the end of the world, just a reality check.

That's the thing, Northern Gimp, he's not an actual manager. Unless he transforms into one this season and into a successful one to boot, we're fucked until we actually appoint an actual manager and implement any sort of fucking plan for this club.

Ashley needs to die.

It would be typical of Ashley to give him the job tomorrow or Friday, fresh after a defeat.

Just showing the goals on SSN. Ours was lush.

Their first wasn't great from Harper, decent save but pushed it back into a dangerous area.

The second was scrappy and it should have been cleared.

:thup: First one I felt a little hard done by, but we were all over the shop for their second.

Just showing the goals on SSN. Ours was lush.

Their first wasn't great from Harper, decent save but pushed it back into a dangerous area.

The second was scrappy and it should have been cleared.

thought both there goals were lucky,  Harper should really have pushed it behind or out to the side, went straight back but virtually just hit Ormerod and richocheted into the net and the 2nd goal was a scrambled messy affair.

To those blaming Butt - there were 4 other midfielders playing tonight who didn't do their job. Butt isn't the player he was, but it dosen't mean he deserves to be make into a scapegoat. Remember, he was one of the few players who actually gave a **** throughout last season.

Okay, it appears everyone has quickly forgotten how inept this guy is. We'll give it another couple of weeks. After we've all had a chanceto watch his useless performances then we'll see where your affection for hm is at then.

I have no doubt whatsoever what is going to happen now he is back and straight into the team though. I watched enough of this guy last season to know that as long as he is in the team the losses will pile up.

We shall see.

Two shit goals let in, the rebound looked like it went straight down the middle. The second should have been cleared twice. Nice goal though, good work from Guthrie (yeah, we'd really see Butt/Geremi doing that) and nice climb and header.