The Not-so-Untouchable Nicky Butt

Decky

I don't really see how Butt can possib;y start today considering the players Hughton will have to leave out to accomodate him. Hughton can fiddle about by sticking his senior midfielders like Nolan or Smith up front, but it it hasn't worked so far, and besides it's clear that without Smith in front of the back  four there is no real protection if the pressure is on.

Guthrie > Smith > Nolan > Geremi > Barton > Butt

As things stand the last two are as bad as each other.

going on the last 2 performances geremi would be in before nolan.

Geremi's a far better player than Nolan technically IMO. Neither of them runs much, but for a geriatric I reckon Geremi isn't any slower.

• 1 month later...
Guest palnese

When does his contract run out? Just seen that he is 35 in January, surely it is finally curtains for him at the end of the season?

Player /Coach next season.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

When does his contract run out? Just seen that he is 35 in January, surely it is finally curtains for him at the end of the season?

Player /Coach next season.

Hughton is merely supervising the team until Butt becomes player/manager.

Was only a 1-year extension anyway. Really don't think he'll sign another. Was he as pitiful tonight as he was against Donny?

Yep. Passing put Kadar and Simpson in particular under pressure they didn't need. Total refusal to take responsiblity at times. As Ronaldo (I think?) said after one of our last games, Nolan looks every inch the captain.

He is untouchable again. He wouldnt have had the captain's armband other wise. It fucking sickens me that we have a good footballer in Guthrie who creates goals, tracks back and even scores a few himself, wasted on the bench, just so this useless cunt can play.