Watching The Manc Derby Game. And .....

Crumpy Gunt

but in a few years time, Krul will be twice as good as Given ever was.

Total drivel, what a f***ing stupid thing to say. :lol:

Way too early to say, but if he's as good as the Dutch seem to rate him, he should be quality.

There's no way that in two years he'll be as good as Given in his prime, let alone twice as good.

Should Given ever return to SJP as a City player, no doubt there'll be plenty saps clapping him but personally i will never forgive him for feigning injury as he attempted to strong arm his move.

Should Given ever return to SJP as a City player, no doubt there'll be plenty saps clapping him but personally i will never forgive him for feigning injury as he attempted to strong arm his move.

what's this feigning injury stuff about? bollocks iyam.

what's this feigning injury stuff about? bollocks iyam.

If the move to Man City was imminent, wouldnt/couldnt they have insisted he didnt play to avoid potential injury ?

He mysteriously pulled out of the City away game claiming a previously unreported injury, his transfer went through some days after. He made his City debut straight away. Injured, my arse.

He mysteriously pulled out of the City away game claiming a previously unreported injury, his transfer went through some days after. He made his City debut straight away. Injured, my arse.

was the club that said he was injured, ie the normal thing clubs do when a player is on the move. the papers had reported before the game that he was going to be left out as he was in discussion with ashley, llambias and the club's solicitor about the terms of his move.

Shay and owen were on very good salaries at Newcastle but at the end of the day their contributions weren't enough to stop us being relegated so I don't really see that we are missing them that much. Bellamy was the far bigger loss.

Like I said though, would that have not been because of Man Citys demand as apposed to his personal decision ?

Like I said though, would that have not been because of Man Citys demand as apposed to his personal decision ?

knowing how rapacious ashley is i wouldnt be surprised if it was down to him. his worst nightmare to miss out on a few bob over something as silly as an injury.

If indeed that is the case, then why did he not mention it in the press? You would have thought he would have liked to maintain a decent relationship with Newcastle fans. It was a shabby exit all round considering he was a fans favourite. Whilst the nuggets in charge take a large share of the blame, I was far from impressed from Given's conduct. He made his decision to bottle out half way through a season and nothing was going to stop him.

If indeed that is the case, then why did he not mention it in the press? You would have thought he would have liked to maintain a decent relationship with Newcastle fans. It was a shabby exit all round considering he was a fans favourite. Whilst the nuggets in charge take a large share of the blame, I was far from impressed from Given's conduct. He made his decision to bottle out half way through a season and nothing was going to stop him.

cos it's a non-issue for all but a couple of people who read too much into it?

obviously it wasnt the best way to exit, and i wouldve preferred him to stay til the end, but i doubt there was any malingering going on and i dont even think it has been suggested much outside this forum.

Football is really filled full of vile liars and charlatans who feed the paying fans a whole barrel load of bullshit through the TV and newspapers. Look at the shite that Hughes and Wenger have been feeding us all over the last week about Adebayor.

We just have to accept that we are never going to get footballers making honest and heartfelt statements to the public - especially while they are still playing and involved at the top level.

I was so so about him until I read on a Man City forum that he had planned to go to Man City LONG before the Liverpool result, in fact if I remember it was October when they were talking about it. So he engineered all that stuff, and as for the club "making him do things", meh, it just makes me lose even more respect for footballers.

Owen

Agreed - Owen by a couple of light years.

That said, Given does not deserve the - quite ridiculous in my opinion - respect and affection he gets from some on here.

Some on here also need to be reminded he doesn't play here any sodding more.

knowing how rapacious ashley is i wouldnt be surprised if it was down to him. his worst nightmare to miss out on a few bob over something as silly as an injury.

Wood for the trees.

Given feigned injury, no way on earth would they have dropped their best keeper.

I was so so about him until I read on a Man City forum that he had planned to go to Man City LONG before the Liverpool result, in fact if I remember it was October when they were talking about it. So he engineered all that stuff, and as for the club "making him do things", meh, it just makes me lose even more respect for footballers.

ITK  :facepalm:

f***ing amazing how refs seem to extend time for Man U. Needs looking into as it's a f***ing joke.

Can't stand either club but this is f***ing well dodgy!

I know Man U were at home, but the time was extended for both teams surely?  What was stopping Man City going down the other end and winning 3-4?

Fucking amazing how refs seem to extend time for Man U. Needs looking into as it's a fucking joke.

Can't stand either club but this is fucking well dodgy!

the rule is, the game ends when  AF tells the fourth official it can.

Wood for the trees.

Given feigned injury, no way on earth would they have dropped their best keeper.

Or maybe the club told him that he wouldn't be playing because they were worried about him sustaining an injury that would have hampered his move to them.

Given said in the press conference that the club made him do things that he didn't want to do. This is it, imo.

Evil wankers.

Ha-Ha about Supermac. If you knew anything about why he left, it's because NUFC at that time wanted the money from Arsenal and like Given - he was left with little alternative but to leave. Someone like Merlin will be able to fill in the gaps for you there if you like. Still, I expect it won't register with you. Ignorance is bliss - especially in your case.

I've heard plenty about 'Supermac' - like how once the alcohilism that took over his life and he was left penniless came back to the only place that was stupid enough to have him.  Spending all his time in the working men's clubs, mooching free ales based on the past and sleeping in the living room of any fucker stupid enough to take him in.  A bit like what he's doing on Century Radio right now really.

And if you really blinkered enough think that Given had no alternative than to leave his beloved club in the way he did then you're clearly the one showing ignorance.