Watching The Manc Derby Game. And .....

Crumpy Gunt

I think it was very telling what Shay said in his press conference "They made me do things I didn't want to do"

What you mean his job that he gets paid truck loads for? That at the end of the day is a game, no one lives or dies by it.

I am really not sure how you picked that up. But to me Shay would of left in the summer but as the man himself says they wanted the money instead of keeping one of better players.

"There are a couple of things they could have done to keep me, but I think in the end they just wanted to take the money.

“I just felt that after the service I gave the club, then the regime at Newcastle could have handled the whole thing a bit better.”

“They made me do things I didn’t want to do"

I think it was very telling what Shay said in his press conference "They made me do things I didn't want to do"

What were they wanting him to do? Shove hamsters up his arse? Skin Kittens alive? Or get paid shedloads to play football and be hero-worshipped?

Yes that is what football clubs ask players to do.....then again the owner had a wager with his sidekick with loser streaking across SJP so anything is possible with this crowd running the show.

I'm bemused at the hatred for Given. He was a great servant to the club and never gave less than 100%. He decided to go because of the way the club was being ran at the time and that's the issue. People's anger should be directed at the owner and his cohorts for the way they have ****ed us all over.

This. People's memories are so short sometimes. Our greatest keeper ever surely. It could have ended better yeah, but I won't forget all the fantastic performances he put in for us over the years. Owen on the other hand...life's too short to hate people. Forget about it.

I'm bemused at the hatred for Given. He was a great servant to the club and never gave less than 100%. He decided to go because of the way the club was being ran at the time and that's the issue. People's anger should be directed at the owner and his cohorts for the way they have ****ed us all over.

The hatred is maybe too strong but I don't see why we should support him now, he's gone and I don't care if he wins nothing at Man City.  He doesn't deserve success over any other player or anything like that.

Guest toonlass

What you mean his job that he gets paid truck loads for? That at the end of the day is a game, no one lives or dies by it.

I am really not sure how you picked that up. But to me Shay would of left in the summer but as the man himself says they wanted the money instead of keeping one of better players.

"There are a couple of things they could have done to keep me, but I think in the end they just wanted to take the money.

“I just felt that after the service I gave the club, then the regime at Newcastle could have handled the whole thing a bit better.”

Well maybe his lawyer shouldn't have leaked stuff to the press about him wanting to leave then.

Well maybe his lawyer shouldn't have leaked stuff to the press about him wanting to leave then.

Refresh my memory post what was leaked

I was at the Liverpool game & to me it seemed Shay was at breaking poin then.

By the endof Given's time here he was more of a hindrance than a help. Don't particularly blame him for jumping ship, but what good does it do to keep miserable bastards like him and Owen at the club? I'm glad we've had a clear out and hopefully we'll bounce back into the Premier and can start again with players who are excited about playing for Newcastle.

Guest toonlass

Refresh my memory post what was leaked

I was at the Liverpool game & to me it seemed Shay was at breaking poin then.

From Jan 2nd

In a remarkable development, the Donegal native's lawyer, Michael Kennedy, has released a statement declaring that his client is fed up with Newcastle's off-field and on-field problems, and that he will mull over his options this winter.

"Shay is very despondent following the very poor performance of the team against Liverpool last weekend," read Kennedy's letter, which was reprinted in The Daily Mail.

"It was the lowest point of his football career and a performance that he would not wish to be repeated.

"When he signed a new five-year contract in 2006 it was on the basis that the club would challenge for major honours, but on the present evidence all that he can see ahead with the turmoil on and off the pitch is a battle for survival.

"Having served the club loyally for over 11 years, Shay feels compelled to consider his position in the light of the interest being expressed in him by Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham."

Well, he wasn't a servant he was an employee, and a very well paid one as well, spat his dummy out when Sir Bob was manager and threw in a transfer request and gave us short shrift when the Man City money was offered his way when we were in deep shit, using the upopular managment as the scapegoat for his greed and cowardliness.

Ironic to see who you've got as your avatar - another one who 'loves the club and the city' but pissed off as fast as they could when a bigger pay check was offered thier way.

Definitely Given because he just wasn't man enough to to say he wanted off a sinking ship and was going to the biggest payer. If nothing else he owed the fans some honesty. Still don't think we miss him that much anyway.

As Bellamy has also been mentioned, I can not understand why there would be any animosity towards him, he was pretty much forced out of a club he stated many times he loved playing for - and actually LOOKED like he loved playing for. Our sad demise on the pitch pretty much started with Bellamy's exit. Co-incidence ?

If we could have any one of our ex players back I'd want Bellamy. Total workie ticket but great footballer.

Definitely Given because he just wasn't man enough to to say he wanted off a sinking ship and was going to the biggest payer. If nothing else he owed the fans some honesty. Still don't think we miss him that much anyway.

Given DID admit he wanted out, and put in a transfer request forfeiting his loyalty bonus. It was Owen who was coy about the whole thing, and played like a coward for 6 months so that he wouldnt get injured and would get his big move at the end of the season.

Given with out a doubt, left us in the sh*t, as for the excuse about the Liverpooli being what made his mind up, yeah right, what about the times Man Utd hammerd us 6-2, 5-1, or Birmingham beating us when they were in the Championship 5-1? He saw Man City's money and ran.

It's great to know that he can still conceed 4 goals a game when he's not with us anymore. He's a good shot stopper, but in a few years time, Krul will be twice as good as Given ever was.

:lol:

thats pathetic

Given falls into the "don't really care" area of my mind. Don't really think he's worth bleating about.

Owen annoys the fuck out of me, being bitter as anything I fully wanted him to fail and now I have the horrible feeling my ManU-supporting acquaintances will be rubbing my nose in it many times over the season.

As Bellamy has also been mentioned, I can not understand why there would be any animosity towards him, he was pretty much forced out of a club he stated many times he loved playing for - and actually LOOKED like he loved playing for. Our sad demise on the pitch pretty much started with Bellamy's exit.

Can never forgive him for texting Al after the FA cup semi defeat. Likewise Cole for singing "Cheer up Kevin Keegan"

Guest toonlass

Given  EVENTUALLY DID admit he wanted out (when he realised Newcastle were not that keen on letting him go without him forfeiting his substantial loyalty bonus), and put in a transfer request forfeiting his loyalty bonus. It was Owen who was coy about the whole thing, and played like a coward for 6 months so that he wouldnt get injured and would get his big move at the end of the season.

FYP

:thup:

The hatred is maybe too strong but I don't see why we should support him now, he's gone and I don't care if he wins nothing at Man City.  He doesn't deserve success over any other player or anything like that.

I never said anything about supporting him now? The hatred that I was taking issue with is childish in the extreme.

Well, he wasn't a servant he was an employee, and a very well paid one as well, spat his dummy out when Sir Bob was manager and threw in a transfer request and gave us short shrift when the Man City money was offered his way when we were in deep s***, using the upopular managment as the scapegoat for his greed and cowardliness.

Ironic to see who you've got as your avatar - another one who 'loves the club and the city' but pissed off as fast as they could when a bigger pay check was offered thier way.

Ha-Ha about Supermac. If you knew anything about why he left, it's because NUFC at that time wanted the money from Arsenal and like Given - he was left with little alternative but to leave. Someone like Merlin will be able to fill in the gaps for you there if you like. Still, I expect it won't register with you. Ignorance is bliss - especially in your case.