Watching The Manc Derby Game. And .....

Crumpy Gunt

Owen is the main reason,IMHO,we are in the position we are in now.Had we not put all of our transfer eggs in his basket,we could have strengthened the squad properly and wouldn't have come close to relegation.Having said that,that isn't the little bastards faulf,more Shepherd and Souness'.But his complete lack of interest last season,Owen's that is,will never be forgotten by me,at least.

Owen, that is, who was persuaded by Alan Shearer (the man most of us are clamouring for to be our manager) and his mate Souness to come to Newcastle. The same pair pretty much forced Bellamy out of SJP. Meanwhile Given just kept his head down and drove his Bentley (reg G1VEN) round Darras Hall.

And so on and so on and so on.............................................

Yup. The 'evil' club to blame once again.

The players/former players/Keegan etc. are never to blame for anything ever :thup:

I've blamed all of those, as well. I just think this is a f*** up by ashley, llambias and Kinnear.

All true, but the enormous greed and total lack of feeling or effort towards the club overpaying Owen sickened me far more than I've ever been sickened in this regard.

Similar lack of the same feeling or effort towards club and fans from all those that have left equals the mess those cockney b*stards have inflicted on us.

I'm like some of the above - the constant support for these creeps show the gormlessness of some of our support - and one of the main reasons WHY we get no loyalty.

"I'll wipe my ars* with the shirt - these dozy gits will still support me and take my side"

I find it hard to understand the vitriol thrown at Given compared to some of the real villains that have been on the payroll.  Given had his faults - for me his weak distribution of the ball was the largest - but compared to so much of our other "talent" he was a gem.  He was a servant of the club for years and we would be in much better shape if even a few of our other high wage "stars" had his commitment. 

I reserve a great deal of anger for the miscreants we have spent good money on, as well as the series of buffoons that hired them.  I am disappointed that Shay left during the season, but I just don't have it in me to despise him for it.  The fact that he didn't leave sooner at the height of his value shows that he is a long way from a villain.  Expecting player loyalty to the bitter end as a club burns down around them is just crazy.

J

Guest toonlass

I find it hard to understand the vitriol thrown at Given compared to some of the real villains that have been on the payroll.  Given had his faults - for me his weak distribution of the ball was the largest - but compared to so much of our other "talent" he was a gem.   He was a servant of the club for years and we would be in much better shape if even a few of our other high wage "stars" had his commitment.   

I reserve a great deal of anger for the miscreants we have spent good money on, as well as the series of buffoons that hired them.  I am disappointed that Shay left during the season, but I just don't have it in me to despise him for it.  The fact that he didn't leave sooner at the height of his value shows that he is a long way from a villain.  Expecting player loyalty to the bitter end as a club burns down around them is just crazy.

J

This "He was a servant" shite is really getting on my wick. Shay Given was paid hansomly for his services at this club. He did not volunteer to be here for nothing. He said in the december that he was happy at Newcastle, by January 2nd he wanted to leave but was not prepared to put in a transfer request and the only real reason that can be seen for that is because he would have lost his substantial loyalty bonus, and then at the end of January the club had been "forcing him to do things that he didn't want to do". His head was turned by the Man Citeh millions, and that was that. He didn't have the bottle to stay and fight relegation and when the going got tough he got himself out. He made a lot of money from Newcastle United, nothing subserviant about it.

Guest toonlass

I see the charmless Bellamy hit a bloke who was being restrained still it is move up in considering his previous attacks on a ginger with a golf club & whacking a car door on a female student.

Did he shite!

He just pushed him away. The knob shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway.

I see the charmless Bellamy hit a bloke who was being restrained still it is move up in considering his previous attacks on a ginger with a golf club & whacking a car door on a female student.

Did he s****!

Aye but with Robinho, Adebayor & Cruz out Hughes had to play him.

Guest toonlass

Did he s****!

:mackems:

Aye but with Robinho, Adebayor & Cruz out Hughes had to play him.

Guest SupermacTheLegend

The Letter i sent to the F.A

Dear Sir,

Can you please explain to me how today's match between Manchester Utd and Manchester City went on for 96 minutes after 4 minutes of extra time was announced by the fourth official?

In this time, of course, Manchester Utd scored a goal which won the match - way over the point where the match should have finished.

I can only assume that Manchester Utd bribed the referee so he'd continue the match until they scored. It wouldn't have been the first time this has happened.

Why do Manchester Utd continually get away with such behaviour? Are you afraid of them because they are so 'high and mighty'? That's the impression I get.

And by the way, I'm a Newcastle Utd supporter, not a Manchester City fan, so the result didn't effect me as a fan. But it did effect my sense of fair play - something that never seems to be present when Manchester Utd are concerned.

I'd appreciate a reply explaining how today's result is being allowed to stand.

Yours,

Lucas Cajiao

The Letter i sent to the F.A

Dear Sir,

Can you please explain to me how today's match between Manchester Utd and Manchester City went on for 96 minutes after 4 minutes of extra time was announced by the fourth official?

In this time, of course, Manchester Utd scored a goal which won the match - way over the point where the match should have finished.

I can only assume that Manchester Utd bribed the referee so he'd continue the match until they scored. It wouldn't have been the first time this has happened.

Why do Manchester Utd continually get away with such behaviour? Are you afraid of them because they are so 'high and mighty'? That's the impression I get.

And by the way, I'm a Newcastle Utd supporter, not a Manchester City fan, so the result didn't effect me as a fan. But it did effect my sense of fair play - something that never seems to be present when Manchester Utd are concerned.

I'd appreciate a reply explaining how today's result is being allowed to stand.

Yours,

Lucas Cajiao

Fucking hell :no: :joker: :kinnear: :harry: :dowie: :facepalm: :dowiespin: :itk: :lol:

Guest SupermacTheLegend

The reply....

Dear Lucas,

Thank you for your email following the Manchester Utd v Manchester City game.

In extra time the time displayed on the board is an indication of the minimum number of minutes that will be played and all stadium announcers are asked to make this clear. In this case we understand that the fourth official indicated that a minimum of 4 minutes would be added.  Approximately a minute was then added on for the goal celebration and thirty seconds for a substitution.  The winning goal was then scored with a few seconds of the game remaining. We hope this clarifies the extra time added on Sunday.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us, and for expressing your opinions. 

Kind regards,

Communications Team

I don't think theres bribery involved, its just that refs are a little wary of getting a bollocking off a top 4 boss as it could negatively effect their future in the game. How many times have we seen refs drop clangers, get both barrells off Fergie, Wenger et al and then find themsevles dropped from their next fixture.

I still think they Bribed him.......

So you think the game would have gone on for another ten minutes if needed? Seems a bit stupid to bribe the ref to say that "hey, dude! If we're equal after the time is up, give us an minute and a half to get a goal will ya?"