The Great Harewood Goal Accumulator Poll

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He wasn't very good today but i think he's done enough to warrant an extension. I'd be pretty pissed off if he's signed permantently though (not that Ashley will sanction the permanent signing of a striker at this stage).

Hughton's already said what a shame it would be if he missed the rest of the season, and is going to do what he can to bring him in. I'm pretty confident we'll have him on loan until the end of the season. I'd have expected a bit more of a goodbye wave when he went off if he knew he might not stay.

Jesus wepticles. I often think this forum gets a bit of bad rep when it comes to fickleness and people changing their minds and whatnot. But honestly. 5 in 6, then he has a sub-par game and he's shit and we should get rid of him?

He's cheap and a useful asset who's scored a few important goals. No reason not to keep him on whatsoever. He isn't shit. He's a very, very average footballer, but he's a striker who has the experience to know where to be at the right times. There's nowt wrong with having a simple poacher in this division.

Hughton was saying he was undecided on Harewood just a couple days ago.

If hes undecided after his recent record, its not the best sign. We will see, i doubt he enjoys trying to keep 5 strikers happy.

If he was undecided a couple of days ago and still plays him then it says more about Hughton than Harewood.

Is he off now?

yes thankfully, unless something silly happens.

Dont want him kept on - he is a poor man's shola

We have enough options to get us promoted - if we do have any injuries then i would rather we looked elsewhere for a loan

good ridance, the guy is useless and is keeping better players out of the team

:facepalm:

Guest Roger Kint

I think maybe Villa will make us buy him in Jan as he is out of contract in June, assuming we arent paying his whole wages that is. If not it would be cheaper for them to just agree to terminate his contract surely? What benefit would they have in losing him for free otherwise?

Anyone who thinks we should keep him its more than likely to be perminent, how do you feel about paying his £20k(at least) wages for the next 2/3 years?

He is on 16 goals in his last 81 games, 61 of those in the PL so do we really need him if we go up?

Guest Roger Kint

Depends on the options available to us, sadly.

Very true, its a sad day when we cant find a better player in world football even on our expected tight budget though :undecided:

Guest Roger Kint

Watching Arsenal Vs Villa, first time I have really watched Villa this season - absolutely no way Harewood would fit into this team in my opinion.  Heskey is similar but has alot more about him.

To be fair they have wanted rid of him for the past 18 months, the thought occurs you arent alone in that opinion ;D